Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 04-20-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default E46 M3 race car

This little beauty came in yesterday morning. It's a side project on of my coworkers is involved in. The owner kept the front bumper at home because he had to remove it to get the car on the trailer anyway.

It's an 02 M3 (used to be white) The doors, hood, trunklid, and front fenders are all carbonfiber. Nothing has been done to the engine, it's still the stock S54. It has two programs on the computer, one for warm up and one for racing. I wasn't able to snap any shots of the suspension because my memory card was full This thing is bad ass though

It ran in the SuperSpeed GT cup in 02, was sold, and the current owner runs it in Birmingham,AL; College Station,TX; Houston,TX; Dallas,TX; No Problem Raceway (somewhere in LA). It's home is in New Orleans.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:26 PM   #2
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Wow loooks very nice in BLUE! Only if it were yours...or mine!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
SilviaEvo
Regular User

id bet Z would take much better care for it ! if possible take more pictures tomorrow or something
Old 04-20-2005, 09:43 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
id bet Z would take much better care for it ! if possible take more pictures tomorrow or something
I'll try and get the suspension if i can get there early enough tomorrow. He's got Ground Control adjustable sway bars, adjustable coilovers (the suspension did NOT move when he lifted the car up. The GT clas Vipers can't keep up with this car 8) apparently the Vipers think they are having a good day if they can pull within .5 seconds of it And that's with the DSC off. With the DSC on he can pick up another 2 seconds 8)

Old 04-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
PureEuroM3
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Wow loooks very nice in BLUE! Only if it were yours...or mine!
I think this would belong to me

Long Live the BMW M3
PureEuroM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:23 AM   #6
komotar
Regular User

How did I miss this....

That's one bad ass beemer!

Take the keys and go for it

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:36 AM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I missed the chance to get any new pics of it yesterday

The tech drove it to a friend's house where the car was going to be picked up (luckily there were no cops around) he said the thing has a little more kick than a standard M3 because of the weight and that it's fast, but not stupid fast.

when h got the car to the house, he checked to see what his top speed was and was a bit shocked to see that it was 112MPH. He is going to be taking it around Grand Bayou race track this weekend to break in the new rod bearings (as i said, it's a stock S54 ) so i'll comeback monday and let you know what he said

Old 04-22-2005, 05:56 PM   #8
coombsie66
Regular User

This last weekend gone i was in a team running a ford falcon V8 supercar (the aussie ones, this one was 2 seasons old) in the britcar series in the UK, sharing a garage with us was some guys with a fair bit of dosh, they were in the class below running an E36 M3 EVO but quite seriously modified! This thing was QUICK! Same as our (650bhp at the crank) falcon in a straight line, but untouchable in the corners.
I had a quick nosey round it, it was running unbranded dampers and springs, but a flat carbon kevlar undertray with a huge diffuser and rear wing on the back. It was astonishing through bridge at silverstone!
The engine has double vanos, and a red coloured cam cover (not sure if that means anything) it has the huge carbon fibre one piece inlet plenum and a racing manifold and side exit exhuast (fooking loud!).
I'll try and get some pictures next race. At brands hatch unfortunately david leslie had a little bit of an argument with a porsche at the start and didnt get much further than the 2nd corner (front completely stoved in, rear wacked as well ).

Total threadjack im sorry, but along the lines of racing BMW's. I'll go search for some pics of it.

http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/news.php?item.95
Here's a link to the car we were running at brands. On that website there's some interesting pics in the gallerys, that quick beemer is the white E36 run by GTR motorsport.

http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugi...lbum=17&pos=34

A picci on there of the M3 not looking too good.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:28 PM   #9
findleybeast
Regular User

wow sick car. Interesting that he didn't do a carbon fibre roof too... lose weight and lower the center of gravity. what kind of computer is he using? AEM?

please more photos, that car is awesome.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:04 PM   #10
ikon2003
Regular User

jeez, that is awesome. the twin computers is a nice touch....

big wing tho.... functional, yes more than likely....but maybe if he can invest in 2 cpus, then he can get two wings as well (or just take that one off when he's not driving around....). not that it's my place at all to suggest that, but if it were my car, i would consider doing that.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:46 PM   #11
ZfrkS62
Regular User

don't know what kind of computer he is running. It's the stock computer chassis, just two programs.

I can't remember what he said the wing was off of. its a hybrid one though because its been extended off the original height. I want to say it was off an E36 race car.

turns out though that he can't test the car this weekend as he has to go to his grandmother's funeral