Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Old 06-01-2005, 08:25 PM   #31
Aleighy
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by Aleighy
Originally Posted by bmagni

Thats me, i just dont listen to the beatles that much, IMO thats more pop than rock.
Paul McCartney might beg to differ i dont actually think the term pop regarding a musical genera was around back then, so i think in their day they were considered rock. even now i wouldnt call them pop, i dont think, unless it was paired with the word oldies. when i think pop, i think Britney Spears (yuk). just my opinion tho
what i mean is that the lyrics, the beat, its just not rock and roll, what if the beatles were a new band, that they never existed until these days, they would be sort of pop for sure.
they have some rock songs, i dont deny it, but their basic sound is not rock, compare them to the rolling stones, the doors, led zepellin, they have nothing ot do one with the other.
surely they dont sound like britney, but its like considering maroon 5 a rock group
yeah i gotcha, i think we're thinking along the same line...just expressing it differently.

>BONK<
Aleighy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:32 PM   #32
ZfrkS62
Regular User

@Silvia- :bad-words: I don't have the money for ozz-fest :cry:

@bmagni- you have to rememeber what the sound was back then as well. These days they would probably fall within the ranks of Franz Ferdinand, Jet and those types of "bands". However they did do something that most bands don't as they go on. Their lyrics got better i actually like their later work, much unlike the response you mostly get these days about old bands "i like (insert old-but-still-around-band here) older stuff"

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:33 PM   #33
jpatino03
Regular User

The Beatles started out as a Pop band. Then they started playing around different instrumentation/deeper lyrics within the realm of what was then considered pop on Rubber Soul (thanks mostly to bob dylan's introduction of marijuana), and then they went off the deep end with Revolver. Starting with that album they created their own inimitable psychedelic sound (especially on "tomorrow never knows"). From that point on, their style really defies classification. The Beatles did their own thing and various styles of music developed from that.

Phil Hill, Kappa Sigma for life.
jpatino03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #34
ZfrkS62
Regular User

thanks mostly to bob dylan's introduction of marijuana
to quote bill hicks via TOOL:
"I think drugs have done some good for us, i really do. And if you don't think so, then go home and take all the records and all the albums that have enhanced your lives and throw them out. Because the artists that made them..rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrreeeeal fuckin high on drugs"

*note* that may not be word for word, as i can't rememeber which track it was on Aenema that had it

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote