Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 09-10-2005, 03:43 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Kalamazoo Sightings 9-10-05

its quite true that there are not nearly as many unique cars, and supercars as back in Brighton, but its not totally dead

in here includes a 700ish whp '97 993 911 turbo from a tuner claiming higher reliability than from the factory down in Florida (sorry, the name eludes me) he had 335's in the rear, and was able to light up all four wheels slamming 3rd gear on dry pavement! stock transmission is said to handle 1000 hp reliably... oh the sound of that air cooled flat 6! simply stunning

Its a fairly rare SMG
yes i know, the focus is way off, but its almost neat to look at (damn low light levels)
Old 09-10-2005, 06:57 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

Dude, I know I am damn annoying, but again I am trying to understand why this 20D isn't really working like it should
In most pics the focus isn't right and they are kinda blurry.. the front of the C4S is really wrong and the back even worst. The only one where the focus and picture quality is good is where the C4S is moving
But also the side of the SRT10 is bad quality.. for a start I think it is not a good idea to post such big pics at such compressed size. You should try to resize at 1024, 1280 or 1600 and use an higher quality setting when saving in PS
BTW, are you sure you have the highest quality set on your camera? (superfine?)

I know I always moan, but this is pretty weird
Old 09-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #3
saadie
Regular User

the focus is milesout but ... this pic is hott !! thx
btw ... do u let the cam autofocus ?
Old 09-10-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
nurbrun
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Dude, I know I am damn annoying, but again I am trying to understand why this 20D isn't really working like it should
In most pics the focus isn't right and they are kinda blurry.. the front of the C4S is really wrong and the back even worst. The only one where the focus and picture quality is good is where the C4S is moving
But also the side of the SRT10 is bad quality.. for a start I think it is not a good idea to post such big pics at such compressed size. You should try to resize at 1024, 1280 or 1600 and use an higher quality setting when saving in PS
BTW, are you sure you have the highest quality set on your camera? (superfine?)

I know I always moan, but this is pretty weird

i am a bit confused also. i have the very same camera and my pics usally come out fine and sharp. but some of these pics are blurry and grainey.

anyway great sightings. LOVE the 993!
Old 09-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

i always use superfine, and critisism is always welcome, coming from the photo king 8)
But also the side of the SRT10 is bad quality.. for a start I think it is not a good idea to post such big pics at such compressed size
nail on the head, really, i hadn't looked at the images after i lowered the quality (5)
i'll hit them up at a higher quality setting. they really do look like crap at that setting

also, the autofucus doesnt work so well at night.

my excuse for the day i had the autofocus on, but i must have had it originally pointing at something else?

~at least ive improved the colors
Old 09-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

Yep nur, that's why I am puzzled since a while. We have two people that just got a 20D some time ago but the quality of the pics is VERY different. I think with such camera you can't go wrong if you use the auto mode or can you? it can't be just because of the quality at which the pics were saved before uploading them
Old 09-10-2005, 12:54 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

auto mode or can you? it can't be just because of the quality at which the pics were saved before uploading them
mabey i ought to start using auto-mode ops:
Old 09-10-2005, 01:05 PM   #8
TT
Regular User

IMO in 90% of the situations, auto mode is the way to go. The only things I manually block are the flash (always off) and the ISO setting. The rest, in normal conditions, will always be perfect and you don't need to fiddle with the settings for every cloud that will cover the sun or such
The of course if you are about to shoot moving cars you can play with the settings a bit.
Also, are you sure the quality setting is on superfine or anyway the max possible on the camera?
Old 09-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

Also, are you sure the quality setting is on superfine or anyway the max possible on the camera?
my manuel is back in Brighton... but im fairly sure... perhaps nurburn knows.
i have it locked on the curve with an "L" and shooting on. where L is large, M is medium, and S is small (6 settings, 6 raw +jpg, and Raw alone)
Old 09-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #10
TT
Regular User

Ok. the L is the larger size, but the curve should also have an S inside it I think, or at least on my camera, curve alone is "fine", curve with S inside "super fine".
Old 09-10-2005, 01:46 PM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Ok. the L is the larger size, but the curve should also have an S inside it I think, or at least on my camera, curve alone is "fine", curve with S inside "super fine".
no 's' in the curve, so in the paramaters, i just moved the dial to max for sharpness... hopefully that has a good effect
Old 09-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #12
TT
Regular User

The best idea is to take your car to a random location with random light conditions (without trying to find the perfect ones). The you just pick a position and you shoot various pics, touching one setting at a time (and trying to remember which pic had which settings). But again, for the average picture, auto mode is the way to go and you can't go wrong. And as alreadys said, try maybe to resize your pics making them smaller before posting them.. smaller in size but you could then save at a slightly better quality for better results
Old 09-14-2005, 04:47 PM   #13
nurbrun
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
my manuel is back in Brighton... but im fairly sure... perhaps nurburn knows.
i have it locked on the curve with an "L" and shooting on. where L is large, M is medium, and S is small (6 settings, 6 raw +jpg, and Raw alone)
yea it only has L unlike most cameras that have a "S"

i usally keep my camera on sport. it has a quick shutter speed for those cars that are about to blow bye you . it is very usefull. but i switch it around all the time. always to try somthing new