Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
Vansquish
Regular User

Default NAIAS 2006 Vansquish's pics

Feel free to merge this topic and nthfinity's if you deem it necessary.

I managed to get myself into the AM exhibit for some close-ups of the Rapide and AMV8 as well as behind the screen in the corner to see the beautiful dark, metallic blue Vanquish S. Enjoy!

More to come...

There's still a lot more...

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

did you manage to get up close to the gold plated v12??

nice job getting up close 8)
Old 01-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
Astonfan
Regular User

yumm, i love those shots. that rapide looks better everytime i see it, and that pic of the db9 volante
Old 01-25-2006, 01:14 AM   #4
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
did you manage to get up close to the gold plated v12??

nice job getting up close 8)
Unfortunately they didn't have the hood open, and I got ushered out pretty quickly after I talked to the Asian girl at the stand. Guess I better stick to talking to the guy near the entrance like I've done in past years.

At any rate, there's a little bit of news on the Rapide. It would seem that since the public's reaction has been so positive, there's a strong chance that the car will make it to production. If it does, it'll carry the 6.0L V12 of the DB9, but tuned up to about 480bhp and driving the rear wheels through a six-speed ZF auto. It weighs about 300lbs more than the DB9 does but in a straight line, hopefully the performance will be pretty close. The carbon-ceramic brakes and titanium LED headlights will not make production, and the aluminum fuel filler cap probably won't either. The hood vents, which are metallic louvres on the concept, will probably be mesh like the Vanquish/DB9/AMV8's. At any rate, watch this space...there's a good chance we'll see a CLS competitor sometime in the next 3 years.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 01-25-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

No need to merge with the other topic, and thanks for this AM coverage
Did you visit the other stands too or AM was enough for you?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:36 AM   #6
Vansquish
Regular User

I visited the others as well, but AM was the only one to which I got full access. I'll post some more pics later today.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:09 AM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
I visited the others as well, but AM was the only one to which I got full access. I'll post some more pics later today.
ferrari was the only one i got full access to last year... this year i didn't actually try to get in... as most of the photos i got were enough...

somehting about the Rapide concept i love... but doubt we'll see on the production version... the doors.. they open at a slight angle, and i think it looks great like that

lol, the gold engine
look at the top left corner of the picture
http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?im...nrapidb1no.jpg
i think most people didn't even notice it there... and it looks awsome! too bad they put it so far out of the way