Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-30-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
sameerrao
Regular User

Default 2006 Houston Autoshow

This was the third show that I attended and i felt the quality had really slipped - there wasn't any Ferraris and hardly anything that exciting other than the Ford GT Barchetta.

Ford GT

- like the "kills" stickers

Bentley Flying Spur - lovely shade of blue

The only "Ferrari" in the show :bad:

Muscle Cars

Champ Car - unknown vintage

Lamborghini Murcielago, Gallardo (06) and Spyder

MMMMM...

RS4 - superb exterior but the interior looks low rent IMO. The B5 had a much better interior quality to it

Z06
Now here's what happened - I slipped into the passenger seat and one MINLF (n= not) dropped into the driver seat. She was the typical American woman that you see on TV - talking at 90dB in a whiny voice ... "Ewww .. this car doesnt have navigation, where is the sunroof", pops open the rearview sunvisor to see her reflection. Thru all of this I was boiling inside and was sorely tempted to bitch slap her and tell to get the fuck outta the sports car and into a SL500 where she belongs. :x

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:45 PM   #2
oscargarza88
Regular User

im looking fordawrd on goin! but it suks that the quality is not doin so good... i also noticed that last year... ive gone twice, at least i have a heads up... ill probably go if its still on...
thanks for th epics.. and that girl... yea :x
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #3
sameerrao
Regular User

^^ Its on till Feb 5

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 01-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #4
T-Bird
Regular User

wow they made more than one of those ugly Camaro concepts?
I have to say that looks to be a fairly low rent auto show especially after just being at NAIAS in Detroit and then Chicago is in a few weeks (largest in North America in terms of actual size)
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:57 PM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

Houston Auto show is the place to go to if you like SUVs and pickups - there seemed to 13000 of them here but who the fuck cares for these road hogs. :x

As far as exotics go ... you are better off with a Evo Magazine and a coke. Sheesh.

Two years back they had the Enzo, GT, and Saleen.

The Detroit, LA and Chicago shows are the best in NA.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:27 AM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

thanks for the pics Sameer
Now here's what happened - I slipped into the passenger seat and one MINLF (n= not) dropped into the driver seat. She was the typical American woman that you see on TV - talking at 90dB in a whiny voice ... "Ewww .. this car doesnt have navigation, where is the sunroof", pops open the rearview sunvisor to see her reflection. Thru all of this I was boiling inside and was sorely tempted to bitch slap her and tell to get the fuck outta the sports car and into a SL500 where she belongs. Mad
LMAO... the closest i had to that at Detroit was this... i was discussing some various technical issues with F1 with a Renault F1 engineer... and some extremely terrible smelling guy in a Ferrari hat (very dirty) heavy jacket (its hot inside Cobo Hall... doesnt help his odors) and Ferrari Shoes and came up... yelled quite loudly, and forced his way into the engineers' attention... then proceeded to say "hey, you hate me" blah blah.... soooo incredibly annoying
Originally Posted by T-Bird
wow they made more than one of those ugly Camaro concepts?
I have to say that looks to be a fairly low rent auto show especially after just being at NAIAS in Detroit and then Chicago is in a few weeks (largest in North America in terms of actual size)
BTW... the rest of the pics will be up by the end of the week... i've been extremely busy this weekend. i do wish the GTX was at Naias... but well... we cant have everything
Old 01-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #7
Pehtren
Regular User

MMMMMMMMM.......thanks for them

the ford looks cool

And i think im starting to like the muscle chevrolet 8)

thanks for the pics
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:26 PM   #8
Zot09
Regular User

Thanks Sameerrao; I love the M6! What a shame to hear about that bitchy lady, you really should have done the other people a service and bitch slapped her out of the show!