Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-25-2006, 06:15 PM   #31
chest3r
Regular User

Lucky guy! !!!!!

The color appears to be very cool but those wheels don't fit very well in the car.

It's the first AMV8 I see with different wheels than the stock ones. But I rather prefer the wheels we saw on the V8 Vantage concept, I don't know why they changed them :roll: :x
Old 01-25-2006, 06:39 PM   #32
ZfrkS62
Regular User

that must have been goosebump invoking, getting to drive that piece of machinery too bad about all the radar cameras keeping you honest on the speed i'm sure the torque must be insane.

Nice shots you collected of it. It's a shame you couldn't get any on the drive itself. Thanks for the review!

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #33
Astonfan
Regular User

congrats on the drive, im extremely jealous dude. btw, that blue on the car is stunning.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:22 AM   #34
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by pehtren
with you, thanks for the report, i enjoyed it every bit 8)

As for the SLR, i hope you will have a test dive with it if possible

thanks for the stuff
hmmm, SLR, dream!
Probabely I'll see the guys from Maybach-SLR next WE during the Polo tournament in StMoritz, but the SLR is another league, don't think I'll ever have the chance to drive it, but one can still deam

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
Now you've posted the story, one thing pops in my mind. How have you been able to arrange a testdrive with such a car?

Nice story btw!! Imagine chasing that SLR on a winding road with the AMV8
I guess the AMV8 has no chance against the shark SLR

How did I got the opportunity?
Well, I showed up several times, did some pictures (also at the annual Classic Car Meeting), went there again to bring them some photos I did...
half a year ago I was invited to see the local presentation of the yellow-AMV8, ... and one day, I got the a letter inviting me to drive the AMV8

IMO, to be honest is the way to get something, it will never work to tell them, "my father will buy me that car, can I have a testdrive, blablabla..."
show your interest in the car, be polite, maybe show them some of your pics and one day, they will make you a "present"

Originally Posted by chest3r
Lucky guy! !!!!!

The color appears to be very cool but those wheels don't fit very well in the car.

It's the first AMV8 I see with different wheels than the stock ones. But I rather prefer the wheels we saw on the V8 Vantage concept, I don't know why they changed them :roll: :x
Me too, like the ones on the yellow AMV8 pic more,
maybe these are the wintertyre rims?

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:49 AM   #35
Pehtren
Regular User

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
Originally Posted by pehtren
with you, thanks for the report, i enjoyed it every bit 8)

As for the SLR, i hope you will have a test dive with it if possible

thanks for the stuff
hmmm, SLR, dream!
Probabely I'll see the guys from Maybach-SLR next WE during the Polo tournament in StMoritz, but the SLR is another league, don't think I'll ever have the chance to drive it, but one can still deam
Dreams die last .... but still you drove baby aston martin, better than me i even didnt saw it

Polo....you can talk to them, if they can give you a ride
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:55 PM   #36
Wutputt
Regular User

First of all congrats with the test drive! The dark blue suits the AMV8 well, but I think there are even better colours for the AMV8. This blue is perfect though for a Vanquish S. I also notice it has the wheels of the DB7 GT. Are those optional or did they installed them on the car cause they had to change the tires quickly?

Thanks for the impressions. It really seems not only a beautiful car to have, but also a really nice car to drive in daily traffic and on winding roads. You're also the first non-journalist AMV8 test driving guy I've heard who didn't complain about the feel of speed of this new Aston Martin. The two impressions I've heard/red about the AMV8 from regular people both mentioned the fact that the car doesn't feel as fast as it goes after you've floored it a couple of times. Once the novelty has worn off, it seems like the car isn’t going as fast as it should. But maybe those guys are too much used to the turbo boost of the 996TT
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:16 AM   #37
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by Wutputt
First of all congrats with the test drive! The dark blue suits the AMV8 well, but I think there are even better colours for the AMV8. This blue is perfect though for a Vanquish S. I also notice it has the wheels of the DB7 GT. Are those optional or did they installed them on the car cause they had to change the tires quickly?

Thanks for the impressions. It really seems not only a beautiful car to have, but also a really nice car to drive in daily traffic and on winding roads. You're also the first non-journalist AMV8 test driving guy I've heard who didn't complain about the feel of speed of this new Aston Martin. The two impressions I've heard/red about the AMV8 from regular people both mentioned the fact that the car doesn't feel as fast as it goes after you've floored it a couple of times. Once the novelty has worn off, it seems like the car isn’t going as fast as it should. But maybe those guys are too much used to the turbo boost of the 996TT

about the tyres, I don't know.

well, I couldn't push the car too much, public roads :bah:, so I never went above 5000rpm (of ~8000rpm max)
Further I guess these guys shouldn't compare the Baby Aston (which is the the less powerful car of all AM) with the 996TT being one of the top-powered cars of Porsche....
I'm sure, there will be a more powerful version in a few years , a "S" version

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
Old 01-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #38
Polouser
Regular User

I love this car and it'S the first time I see it in these deepblue color. :shock:
really really amazig! The best Aston I've ever seen!
Thanks for the pics!

http://www.ExoticsOnRoad.com
--------------------------------------------
Share your Car sightings...
Polouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:30 AM   #39
pateljb
Regular User

I have build date for december this year for my V8. Do you by any chance remember the exterior color name? I agree with everyone that it truly is a awesome color combination on this car. Were the wheels an option or after market, in the USA only the 18/19 inch wheels seen in the brochure were the only available, but I like the wheels on the one you drove.

Jay
pateljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:43 AM   #40
PureEuroM3
Regular User

Amazing color! Congrats.

Long Live the BMW M3
PureEuroM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #41
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by pateljb
I have build date for december this year for my V8. Do you by any chance remember the exterior color name? I agree with everyone that it truly is a awesome color combination on this car. Were the wheels an option or after market, in the USA only the 18/19 inch wheels seen in the brochure were the only available, but I like the wheels on the one you drove.

Jay
I emailed the dealer and got following answer:

1. the color is called "midnight blue"
2. the rims/tyres are the winter-set for the V8Vantage in 18"

I checked the brochure, there are 10spoke rims as standard ones and optional, the 7 spoke rims as shown on the brochure, never saw the 10spoke rims so far ...
http://www.astonmartin.com/thegallery/brochures

Old 02-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #42
lamid
Regular User

nice car the best about them is that awesome soundtrack you can here it from 2 miles away cool car m8!!!!
lamid is offline   Reply With Quote