Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #31
sameerrao
Regular User

Being in the US, we are not in the grip of Alonsomania or any other F1 mania for that matter.

That's why I get perplexed when I see all those posts with "Die Alonso, Die" Makes no sense to me ... even Michael was perceived to be arrogant before he won his first WDC.

While no one can deny Michael's abilities, his early character was such that it polarized people into hating him or loving him. The fact that Michael has sort of mellowed down (no more of pushing someone close to the wall to prevent him from overtaking) and his taking the role of the senior statesman in F1 means that more people like him than hate him.

I am in awe of Alonso, Kimi and Michael with regard to their driving talent, speed and on-track wizardry. Their off-track personality, perceived arrogance or lack of it, etc. are things that dont matter to me.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote