Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
SamuraiGti
Regular User

Default Mini Photo Session - 2nd test

Hi guys,

I'm trying to learn more about Photos, and trying to take some, but the camera reached is maximum of quality

Anyway, here it is some photos of testing.

Enjoy and coment! Critics are welcome!

Cheers.

Images resized hope it better now

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
SamuraiGti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
TNT
Regular User

OMG the image size, resize resize. need to be much much much much smaller. i am on 1440x960 and i can't see the whole picture.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
SamuraiGti
Regular User

edit:

resized

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Old 06-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #4
dannyroz
Regular User

I thought it was going to b a Mini Cooper photo session...I have been dooped!

Nice Seat anyhow, plan to rally it?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

Uhm. testing at night isn't probably the best idea. Much easier to learn all the focusing, framing and general setting play with daylight before venturing onto the hard stuff.
(the fact you have a black car won't help, especially if your camera can't be manually adjusted since black cars usually drive crazy the light sensors)

In the shots you posted, basically there is a lack of light. What exposure time did you use? You should anyway use a longer one and in that case, try to avoid direct light sources in the frame

Keep testing!

BTW, the rules say (and that's the 100th time I post this) you can't directly link to imageshack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
(the fact you have a black car won't help, especially if your camera can't be manually adjusted since black cars usually drive crazy the light sensors)
Well, it's quite easy, the camera thinks the perfect exposure contains mainly 18% grey. Green grass during the day for example, is quite close to this. A photo with a black car will be overexposed, whereas a white car will be underexposed. That is assuming you use either spotmetering or center-weighted-metering.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

Yes, of course I know why it happens
Old 06-12-2006, 10:23 AM   #8
cooperluke
Regular User

Where are the pics?

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:42 PM   #9
SamuraiGti
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Uhm. testing at night isn't probably the best idea. Much easier to learn all the focusing, framing and general setting play with daylight before venturing onto the hard stuff.

In the shots you posted, basically there is a lack of light. What exposure time did you use? You should anyway use a longer one and in that case, try to avoid direct light sources in the frame

Keep testing!

BTW, the rules say (and that's the 100th time I post this) you can't directly link to imageshack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Correction made to the post, thanks for the warning!

My camera is only a Canon Powershot A300, it doesn't let me change much things.

The only things that I can change are:

Type of light, Iso Speed, Effect (black, sepia, etc), quality of picture and size of picture.

About exposure, i used the normal, i can change a little bit the exposure but the time of it, it won't change.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #10
TT
Regular User

Oh, I see. Indeed if you can't let the shutter open for a long period of time, there isn't much you can do sadly for night shots
Old 06-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #11
SamuraiGti
Regular User

There is only one thing to do, buy another camera

Canon 350d is one of my favourits

Old 06-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #12
TT
Regular User

Not a bad plan I approve
Old 06-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #13
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Oh, I see. Indeed if you can't let the shutter open for a long period of time, there isn't much you can do sadly for night shots

You can bring in more light!

Old 06-13-2006, 01:42 PM   #14
SamuraiGti
Regular User

That is a way to get more light! lol

Old 06-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #15
SamuraiGti
Regular User

So here it is, second test.

Enjoy and comment