Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 07-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #16
McLarenboy

now here's an interesting point - just because you're a fast gamer means automatically that the game is realistic?????????????

this discussion is as you say useless, now if a real racecar driver came along and give us his/her point of view - then we'll all know how good a game actually is?

do you agree?
Old 07-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #17
McLarenboy

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
And why would you even compare the gearbox from FIA GT to the cars of 60s and 70s? You do know that they are ages apart in technology.
here's what happens in both games:

GTL: at the top of eau rouge speed is about 200 km/h, 3 downshifts in 2 seconds the engine overrev's so the rear tyres light up and whoosh - you're off

GTR2: at 250 km/h, 4 downshifts in 2 seconds the engine overrev's and the car sits perfectly on the asphalt, now there may be a revlimiter but there is no way in hell the gearbox can hold up for long yet in the game this is no problem - now that just seams odd to me

(and just sow you know this is not my driving style, i just like to see how the game reacts, in these extreme ways you can expose the limits of the game)
Old 07-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #18
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
I knew you worked with simbin Alex! I was confused there for a second. Are you still working? And if yes are you working with them on this game as well or no? I believe you worked with them on the first one right?
Nope not anymore. First yes, but I knew as much about GTR2 as your average guy, well sure a bit more since I talk to them but I really wasnt aware of what they were doing.
Oh ok. BTW I downloaded the Demo a few days ago and all I can say is DAMN!

Very nice game.

Pro's
I like the animation of when you accelerate or brake the leg moves.
I liked the feeling without TCS and ABS.
I liked how nice the physics are compared to some other games such as...you know.
Cons I
guess since its still a demo it might get fixed in the real version but when you are in the in car view and up shift the guy puts his hand on the gear lever but the lever doesnt move! I know not that big of a deal but still.

For some reason sometimes when I am racing and I over rev the engine it just blows and gets on fire. Happened quite a few times no clue WTF is going on but I guess it just might be me?
The first time I played it I couldnt even finish a lap without the damn engine catching on fire.
Also the car seems to stall quite a bit. Example when I tried automatic and drove just barely into the gravel trap the car just cuts off! Then I switched to manual and it worked fine but still I have the problem of stalling the damn cars too much.
And for yalls arguement I tried doing what he said and go from 6th gear to 2nd gear (Both Automatic and Manual) and my ass spun out into the damn gravel trap. So I dont know what Mclarenboy is talking about because when I shifted down and the engine was over revved I spun.
dont believe me? Shall I compose a vid of it or no?