Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #1
galaendewagen
Regular User

Default Buying a Car

I am heading back to college in less than two weeks and I plan on purchasing a car before i do so. I have been doing plenty of research but can't quite come to a final decision. I wanted to see if you guys had any good suggestions or input.

I have about 8,000 US dollars to spend.
I am looking for a sporty sedan or coupe, that is somewhat good on gas, has under 100K miles, has a manual transmission and can be driven in the snow.

Some cars I have been looking at:

98-03 Audi A4 1.8t/2.8
00-02 Saab 9-3 Turbo SE
94+ Mitsubishi 3000gt

If you can think of any other cars that might fit this criteria or if you have any advice, i would appreciate the help.
galaendewagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:03 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

Uhm.. let's take the car out of the bag and admit I am in the market too, although not sure when I'll finally decide what I want
While doing some researches I noticed the Audi TT's prices dropped quite low lately; no idea when it happened and I know most ppl beside everso look at the TT as an hairdresser or girly car, but let's face it, with time passing by it's becoming cooler and cooler and with the equivalente of 8000 dollars you can find quite a few around here with the 1.8T engine!

Who knows maybe one day my nickname will make sense LOL, although for now I am looking into something a bit more "manly"

Just talked about the TT because it has the same engine as the A4 and feels better suited for a college student rather than granpa's A4
Old 08-17-2006, 06:11 AM   #3
TNT
Regular User

well it depends on what you need it for......moving in to college? picking up girls? DD driving? commuting? back road?

I would base it off what you need it for and since you have 8K there is a lot of options.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:36 AM   #4
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

As mentione above, you probably want to get more money or a different line up of cars.. you can probably find a beat up audi for that price but you would end up paying for it in the end.

Try looking for a Celica All-Trac (Turbo with All Wheel Drive)

Keep in mind that you will be moving A LOT when you start college. If you're going to school away from home it's definitely nice to have a good size car so you can lug all of your shit with you back and forth.