Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-12-2006, 06:32 AM   #1
davide
Regular User

Sweden got some flooding in Gothenburg and other cities and it's warm for the season. But we are expecting subzero temperatures this weekend.

I'm hoping for snow
Old 12-12-2006, 07:50 AM   #2
Mattk
Regular User

It was cold today. I had to wear a jacket to work tonight. So much for global warming.

But yes, to give an indication of the effect of temperature changes, the Ice Age was a result of a drop of around 1.5 degrees celcius.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
RC45
Regular User

Well - think about it, Europe has been a dense mass of humanity for 2000 years and you guys have pretty much got away with plundering nature and forming the land into what you needed...

Maybe you could call this the year nature begins her renaissance if you will... she's taking back the land
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:44 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
yes yes it sucks, no snow yet and it isnt really cold here at all!! I WANT SNOW DAMNIT!!
i sometimes wonder if snow jockes like yourself have read the scientific research as to when snowy seasons actually happen...?

we've only been taking weather data for 200 years, and less then that in regular increments in many locations.

the ONLY way to know long term weather patterns is through core samples of trees, or for millions of years of data, core samples of ice. The data is infalable nothing can compare to it.

FYI; the prediction is for a rapid global cooling in the next 20 years. meaing over 1 degree

climate change like we see today is brought on largely by water vapour, which is in turn brought on by the sun, no? the sun goes through cycles, no? the earth goes through cycles, no? Volcanes spew more greenhouse gases per eruption then man has in the last 50(globally) years each time, no?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
yes yes it sucks, no snow yet and it isnt really cold here at all!! I WANT SNOW DAMNIT!!
i sometimes wonder if snow jockes like yourself have read the scientific research as to when snowy seasons actually happen...?

we've only been taking weather data for 200 years, and less then that in regular increments in many locations.

the ONLY way to know long term weather patterns is through core samples of trees, or for millions of years of data, core samples of ice. The data is infalable nothing can compare to it.

FYI; the prediction is for a rapid global cooling in the next 20 years. meaing over 1 degree

climate change like we see today is brought on largely by water vapour, which is in turn brought on by the sun, no? the sun goes through cycles, no? the earth goes through cycles, no? Volcanes spew more greenhouse gases per eruption then man has in the last 50(globally) years each time, no?
ERRONEUS!!!

Seriously though, I'm with Ronin, I want it to snow.

And don't call Snowboarders jocks, we don't roll like that.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by nthfinity

ERRONEUS!!!

Seriously though, I'm with Ronin, I want it to snow.

And don't call Snowboarders jocks, we don't roll like that.
I'm a failed snowboarder.. i started too late, and really hurt my bum on the ice after 6 hours of getting better and better.

First mistake, snowboarding on ice
Second mistake, going on the "last" run of the day
Third mistake, start snowboarding at 17 years old on ice

I really loved it... maybe i'll do it again

but what I meant by "snowjokies" didnt' really mean snowboarders per-se; but anybody who loves snow... snomobilers, snow sculpters, ice sculpters, snow removal services etc. etc. etc.

I actually fit very nicely into the "snowjokie" catagory