Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 01-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
alanw89
Regular User

Default Got a problem with my computer.

Every so often ill get a message saying "generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close" pops up followed by another one giving me a minute countdown till my computer shuts down. It seems to happen randomly, sometimes it comes up 2 mins after ive restarted and connected to the internet other times it wont come up for hours does anyone know if theres an easy way to sort this? ive got this annoying feeling it doesnt take much and instead of finding out what it is im just putting up with it. Its not that big a deal but its really starting to do my head in.

Thanks.
alanw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
ViperASR
Regular User

ad-aware and spybot might help. It sounds like it could be a virus, but I'm not a complete expert on computers and such, as my e-mail is giving me crap right now and i cant figure out how to fix it.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
Shinigami
Regular User

There is a few virus that can cause this behaviour. They attack a process which disrupts MSGINA, and this results in an automatic shutdown of the computer the be initiated.

Better scan your PC.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ Yep

Or try http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 01-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
saadie
Regular User

hapenned to me too .... but the countdown thing didnt come up ...
if this happens .. goto run and type "shutdown.exe -a" ... the computer will not turn off .. anyway .. like viper said run spybot and adaware .. it might help

i havnt been having anyy problems since i stopped using antivirus and anti spyware softwares which was a longgg way back .... i clean my startup list every once in a while ...

if everthing fails ... get a mac :fuck:
Old 01-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
alanw89
Regular User

Thanks for all the help, i downloaded adaware and spybot and ran them both, one of the results was win32 so hopefully thatll will have fixed it, just have to wait and see.

Thanks
alanw89 is offline   Reply With Quote