Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 01-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Re: Montoya Wins Daytona 24 Hours

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.a...38359&PO=38359

Preety impressive, though i'm not sure how much the car helped since i ashmedly i know nothing about this race.
the Lexus won last year too. I really dispise the look and feel of the daytona prototypes

the Fords have the big lazy engine with great fuel consumption, and the best speed out of the turns, the Porsche prototypes are the fastest... but are more fragile Lexus has hit the key point now two years running.

Juan Pablo should do well here... and... the big what if? what if JV wins Le Mans this year? (no, its not going to happen LOL) but he'd be teh only man to have a F1 championship, Cart championship, and Le mans (and maybe somnething else?)
Old 01-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #17
gucom
Regular User

yes, those DP's (daytona prototypes, you PERVS! ) look pretty awful compared to Le Mans prototypes... good for montoya I guess, although I suppose he also owes it to his status...
Old 01-29-2007, 12:38 AM   #18
Mattk
Regular User

he'd be teh only man to have a F1 championship, Cart championship, and Le mans (and maybe somnething else?)
Since when did Montoya win the Formula One championship? He won numerous races, but never a championship. Schumacher largely dominated during Montoya's time in F1.

Still, Montoya definitely has a solid record in racing at all the top levels, be it stock car, open wheel, endurance...
Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 AM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
he'd be teh only man to have a F1 championship, Cart championship, and Le mans (and maybe somnething else?)
Since when did Montoya win the Formula One championship? He won numerous races, but never a championship. Schumacher largely dominated during Montoya's time in F1.

Still, Montoya definitely has a solid record in racing at all the top levels, be it stock car, open wheel, endurance...
what if JV wins Le Mans this year? (no, its not going to happen LOL) but he'd be teh only man to have a F1 championship, Cart championship, and Le mans (and maybe somnething else?)
who's that JV guy again? Juan Vablo? ohhhhhhhh Jaques Villenuve
Old 01-29-2007, 12:58 AM   #20
saadie
Regular User

^ haha .. yeah ferrari's test driver is driving with him .. Marc Gene .... soo if JV wins it will only because of the ferrari test driver .. right ?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:00 AM   #21
gucom
Regular User

lol, I always find JV just a little bit sad because he used to have such awesome talent... what happened to it??
BTW even if Senna and Fangio were to rise from their graves to help Schumacher drive the Peugeot, they still wouldn't win... Audi is too far ahead of them this year
Old 01-29-2007, 01:02 AM   #22
saadie
Regular User

the two things that hapenned to him is BAR and all the ugly fancy electronics which stop the car from going sideways ....

how many people took eau rough flat out like 6 years ago ..... ...
virtually now everyone can take it flat out ..... F1 is just childs play now ... anyway ... i have some videos of montoya overtaking schumi at spa .... brilliant stuff!!! 8) 8)
Old 01-29-2007, 02:09 AM   #23
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
It seems America's races suit him better than F1
Keep in mind that there were two other drivers that share equal credit for the win. JPM won't have an easy transition from maneuverable sports cars (F1 cars or Daytona Prototypes) to relatively sluggish 3400 lb stock cars. Just finishing a Nextel Cup race should be his first goal.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:26 AM   #24
Mattk
Regular User

who's that JV guy again? Juan Vablo? ohhhhhhhh Jaques Villenuve
Oh, oops. ops:

Villeneuve used to be good. Now he is just rubbish.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #25
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Re: Montoya Wins Daytona 24 Hours

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
The Daytona 24 is not what it used to be - but still... this victory is quite remarkable.

Seems that the american racing suits him better than the Formula 1

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Juan Pablo should do well here... and... the big what if? what if JV wins Le Mans this year? (no, its not going to happen LOL) but he'd be teh only man to have a F1 championship, Cart championship, and Le mans (and maybe somnething else?)
I thought that the Triple Crown was Indianapolis 500 (not the CART title), Le Mans and the Monaco GP (or was it the F1 world championship??) and that Graham Hill is the only one that has managed all three victories
didn't JV win a cart title? i dont recall if he won a Indy 500 race or not... and i'm not talking about the tripple crown... just somebody who has won Le mans, Cart, and F1 WDC... I wasn't even talking about the tripple crown, now was I
Old 01-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^^^^
still, he's not driving with Der Audi's, so unless an anti-audi miracle happens, he won't be achiving that status
Old 01-29-2007, 11:43 PM   #27
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by nthfinity
^^^^^^^
still, he's not driving with Der Audi's, so unless an anti-audi miracle happens, he won't be achiving that status
That's so true.

If Audi already won their first race at Sebring, and their first Le Mans attempt with the diesel R10 - imagine what they will do with an improved, developed, faster entry
weren't there rumors that they're using bio-fuel this time at LM??
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #28
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

^^^ Is it's true, Bravo Audi!

Anyone can win with proven technology but it takes alot of skill to win with new technologies.