Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #16
cooperluke
Regular User

And RC45... we Europeans like the Japanese cars A LOT, so, we have no problem with foreign cars!!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by cooperluke
I also don't see any point in worrying so much with the HP. The cars I've driven that given me most fun to drive are around 150hp or less... but very light and nimble!!

You americans like raw power, I think it's very good, but here we just don't worry so much about that.

Different cultures, diversity makes the world., no problem at that, we don't have all to like the same things, he only need to accept them and RESPECT, that is one thing I see is lacking in this thread...
There are a very very large number of Americans who like something called "balance" in their sportscars...

plenty of power for raw speed and accelleartion
great handling, for the back roads, and track
great stopping to keep us safe

When you take away any of those, your left with an incomplete car... the muscle car era had it's own 'good handling, world beating' cars with respect to cars of the same era, just as today... like the Cross Ram Z28 302 used in Trans AM racing... 8000+ rpm, big nasty cam, lightweight, and more aggressive suspension...

Copperluke... have you had the pleasure of driving a nimble 400 hp car before? My second car was a nimble 160 hp turbo euro car... I loved it... but it simply cannot compare to big power, and world class handling.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #18
Kulstad
Regular User

Personally I really admire the Corvette Z06. It's better than the 997 turbo in my view. One thing about the european performance cars is that they generally have small displacement engines and are naturally aspirated. Unless we think of the great exotics, but those are very expensive to own. So Porsche (with the turbo) and Mercedes-Benz (with those big engines) are really the exception to this rule.

One thing that I always found strange is why Renault doens't build a real sports car with their experience in F1.
Maybe it's just the economics talking higher. The same can be said about Citroen and Peugeot, with the rally experience they have there could be some serious competition to the Evos and WRX Sti.
Kulstad is offline   Reply With Quote