Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
Andrew
Regular User

Default BMW M3 CSL at knockhill

another incar video this guy used to own a 535d that was fairly modified and sold it for this.fully stripped out losing 90kg,roll cage fitted in it and uprated brakes and suspension.plus its been to the nurburgring a few times

Old 09-16-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
tforth
Regular User

Too bad the CSL was never available without SMG2. Any of them with any mileage on them sound like they have really lazy shifts, just like the clutch was going on them, which it probably is. Otherwise, a great car, which 'punches way above it's weight', especially on the NS!
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
gis
Regular User

love that sound.never get bored of it.still the best M3 IMO,even over the new one

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
Svensson
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
Too bad the CSL was never available without SMG2. Any of them with any mileage on them sound like they have really lazy shifts, just like the clutch was going on them, which it probably is. Otherwise, a great car, which 'punches way above it's weight', especially on the NS!
Agreed on the SMG. I really hope the new CSL will be offered with a proper manual gearbox, although I highly doubt it.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #5
NBTBRV8
Regular User

You guys have obviously never driven a CSL to be slating the SMG. In S6 it punches HARD and delivers a thrill that no manual can ever do. I find it extremely unlikely that I'd ever go back to a manual after driving the SMG. And yes I do have a CSL parked in the garage so I feel that I can be confident in my opinion.
NBTBRV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
Andrew
Regular User

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
You guys have obviously never driven a CSL to be slating the SMG. In S6 it punches HARD and delivers a thrill that no manual can ever do. I find it extremely unlikely that I'd ever go back to a manual after driving the SMG. And yes I do have a CSL parked in the garage so I feel that I can be confident in my opinion.
yeah on S6 it really does punch hard,coming out of the last corner i said to the driver at how smooth the gear changes were compared to how i thought they would feel then he put it up to S6 last time i felt a punch like that was in a gallardo e-gear :shock: