Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 12-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #16
Svensson
Regular User

Thumbs up

For the people who like it big, you can find the extremely high res pics here:

http://media.gm.com/wieck/home/site/events.html (and the next pages)
Old 12-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #17
rave426
Regular User

So with the supercharger, larger wheels, and added mass...................is my assesment correct that the Z06 might actually be the "better" track car (possibly better handler). Cept for the brakes of course.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by rave426 View Post
So with the supercharger, larger wheels, and added mass...................is my assesment correct that the Z06 might actually be the "better" track car (possibly better handler). Cept for the brakes of course.
The current C6 Z06 is the better track car - period.

And with a few NA engine mods (as I have proven) you can have a daily drivable pumpgas 660bhp LS7
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #19
graywolf624
Regular User

And with a few NA engine mods (as I have proven) you can have a daily drivable pumpgas 660bhp LS7

Define daily driveable... Damn Texans and their lack of snow
Old 12-21-2007, 02:56 AM   #20
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

I hope they put this thing to the test on Top Gear. Assuming its still around by the time this thing's released. Im still waiting for the Saleen S7 TT review.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:15 AM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
The current C6 Z06 is the better track car - period.

Tires make a huge difference

OE for OE, the ZR1 will out handle, and likely "break away" with more predictability then a runflat Z06's tires.... the weight bias will likely also aid in that.

Think of the ZR1 vs. Z06 as a SLR vs. a sL55 AMG but not exactly
Old 12-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #22
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Tires make a huge difference

OE for OE, the ZR1 will out handle, and likely "break away" with more predictability then a runflat Z06's tires.... the weight bias will likely also aid in that.

Think of the ZR1 vs. Z06 as a SLR vs. a sL55 AMG but not exactly
Only an idiot would try to hotlap their C6 Z06 on the stock rubber - so not exactly a valid coutner

This super charged car is a novelty, and may put in a couple "quick" laps but what is the value of "uber brakes" and "einstein suspension" if the motor loses 20bhp per lap as the computer pull stiming to save itslef from slef destruction on a typical HPDE trackday ?

Unless GM repealed the laws of thermodynamics (quite possible they added their request to Nissan's request to repeal the laws of physics just for the GT-R ) - so unless they had the laws of thermodynamics repealed, their blower car is not going to be the ultimate trackday answer.

The true Corvette afficienado will drive their '09 ZR1 to the track on Friday - attend open track practice for hot laps with their '07 Z06 and then qualify and race their open class prepped '01 Z06 on Saturday and Sunday
Old 12-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #23
graywolf624
Regular User

Paul,
While I think the supercharger will ultimately hurt the zr1.. I dont think it will be as bad as you do.. For one interesting reason.. The IC is huge.. IF you have to lose 100 bhp to be equal to the z06.. thats alot of tweaked timing. Couple that with the carbon brakes and bigger tires, and I dont think the z06 stock will be the better track car. Modded is a whole other story.

Here is the dyno run of the new zr1.

Last edited by graywolf624; 12-21-2007 at 01:46 PM.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624 View Post
Paul,
While I think the supercharger will ultimately hurt the zr1.. I dont think it will be as bad as you do.. For one interesting reason.. The IC is huge.. IF you have to lose 100 bhp to be equal to the z06.. thats alot of tweaked timing. Couple that with the carbon brakes and bigger tires, and I dont think the z06 stock will be the better track car. Modded is a whole other story.
Well - if the intercooler is that efficient (which, being based on the same setup in the XLR-V which I have seen that setup pull timing on the 4th dyno pull) then myself and a bunch of other folks will be lining up to retrofit the 4 rotor eaton setup to our 427ci setups so we can put down 800 SAE BHP

I do however still maintain that stock (except for tyres) the C6 Z06 is going to be a better trackday car than the ZR1 - much the same way the Gallardo Superleggy is a better trackday car than the Murci LP640 or even the F22 Stealthfighter Lambo

Last edited by RC45; 12-21-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #25
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
19"s and 20"s are the new hyper car standard - see C-GT, Enzo, FXX etc etc etc
It's all about the rims these days.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote