Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 04-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Smartdriver
Regular User

Default Filandi Uragano photoshoot

Yes, guys, I'm very glad to tell that finally I had the opportunity to do the first and complete photoshoot of this incredible Filandi Uragano!
So, let me explaine.
Last month, after the publication of some shots of car on Italiansupercar.net, taken in a local supercars meeting near Modena, the manufacturer has contacted me saying that I was the first to put shots of his car on intenet
So he asked me if I wanted to spend a day together with Uragano and make the first photoshoot of this supercar!!
Of course I accepted and two weeks ago we meet in Fontanelice (his town), near Imola spending a beautiful day.
The manufacturer, who has 47 years, told me the story of the car. He started to build car 4 years ago, working only on weekends and during leisure time
Having built a small model on a piece of wood, took a parcel of aluminium sheets and a group of special crono-molybdenum tubes and start his adventure!
His daily work is repair cars from accidents and he's also an excellent mechanical. He always prepared cars engines for make acceleration races
So he started his dream to build a hand-made supercar.
Only V8 engine and gearbox were taken from an old Audi A8. He drew up the engine and has equipped with a truck turbine...really crazy The power measured was of 600 hp!!! He then proceeded to change the rest of mechanics to withstand the power!
The tubing frame was all done by hand and then he proceeded to build the line beating aluminium with hands on the frame giving it the shape
He also built the interior, still working, but the dashboard is very beautiful.
With the tools of his work has also placed the car that was balanced to be used on road.
Of course, a small group of friends has helped he to achieving the car, but everything has been built under its specific
The car is not yet over, the whole body must be arranged and painted and also the interior must be covered with other valuable materials. There is still about a year's work. The car is about two meters wide, 4,5 meters long and weighs about 1000 kg (1100-1150 kg totally finished). You can imagine the incredibile weight/power ratio!
One thing is the impressive acceleration from 0 to 400 metres accomplished in just 11,7 seconds with an output speed of 210 Km/h.
0-200 meters are covered after 7,5 seconds!!

After having explained the car he brought me in a very nice place where I could photograph Uragano and other images I made in the garage where it was built. Then we made a small and very exciting read test...
The car is very low, we enter into the enveloping seats. All around find aluminum and chassis tubes. The V8 engine has a gloomy and very hard sound, but inside isn't too noisy even though there aren't sound-absorbing materials.
The crazy thing is the acceleration, really take your breath away. You remain stuck to the seat, as when you are inside an aeroplane during start . An experience that I had never tried before on a car! Really insane!! But fantastic!!
The car is very stable on the road, not strange noises, the frame is really hard. The road handling is great and the car seems glued to the road!
Although it's not yet over, Uragano seems to be already be well balanced

So, after my long story about this supercar, here some shots! Enjoy!

More pics in hight resolution and two different size are avaiable on my website: www.italiansupercar.net

Filandi Moreno with his Uragano

And we are together inside his garage...

...and this is the beginning of Uragano's story....

www.italiansupercar.net --- My first website about modern and classic supercars
www.smartdriver.it --- My Car Enthusiast website about Smart
Smartdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
MMC12
Regular User

WooW Fantastic!! Great Matteo!!
PS Now I read all in detail...yes...actually I see only photos
Bye
Old 04-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
Smartdriver
Regular User

No problem MMC12!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
MUS911
Regular User

WoW !!!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
MMC12
Regular User

Now I read! And only a word...FANTASTIC!!
Well done!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

Sexy car!!

Oh, sorry, wrong topic

Seriously, congrats for such exclusive opportunity. Be sure to keep in touch with the guy to be able to shoot the finishe car next year
Old 04-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
Smartdriver
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT View Post
Sexy car!!

Oh, sorry, wrong topic

Seriously, congrats for such exclusive opportunity. Be sure to keep in touch with the guy to be able to shoot the finishe car next year
LOL

Don't warry TT,
Filandi told me that when the car is finished I will be the first to photograph!