Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

View Poll Results: Danica Patrick testing for F-1's Honda Team in 2008
She's a great driver and capable of it. Go Danica! 8 33.33%
Boo! Girls can't drive! 1 4.17%
Her boobs will get in the way. (quote by Jason Button) 12 50.00%
I believe her to be more promissing than veteran Rubens Barrichello. 7 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #16
thiago
Regular User

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex View Post
The only reason she is racing is because of her Dad... and the fact she is not ugly... Yeah she races OK, but who wouldn't given the circumstances?

And she only does well when everything is working perfectly.. can't pull shit off when it all goes down..

but whatever, i never watch indy anyway.
Me too I have never watched a single Indy race. Period...
thiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #17
thiago
Regular User

Wink

Originally Posted by dannyroz View Post
Its a publicity stunt for several reasons:

A) Seb Bourdais didn't have a test with an F1 team only after winning 4 Champ Car Championships
B) All her teammates are better (Kaanan, Andretti, Franchiti [I know he moved but he still is])
C) She just won the first major car race by a female

She is not gonna do well, guarantee 2-3 seconds off pace... if she does better than that Ill go and kiss her ass (wanted to anyway )
Hopefully she'll get to Honda and do well so you can kiss her tight ass my friend.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #18
nthfinity
Regular User

Sorry for being way off base, but I've seen Danica race several times.... and she is consistently TOP 5 in all of Indy... she often has bad luck.... it isn't that she does terrible maneuvers; but she reminds me a lot of Juan Pablo Montoya as far as driving style, and temperament... which is not a bad thing.

I think she'd do well in F1, and cause 3x more controversy then Luis Hamilton did by being 1/2 black.

That said, I don't see a move to F1 for a while... but I do think it will happen. She definitely has the talent.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #19
thiago
Regular User

Exclamation

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Sorry for being way off base, but I've seen Danica race several times.... and she is consistently TOP 5 in all of Indy... she often has bad luck.... it isn't that she does terrible maneuvers; but she reminds me a lot of Juan Pablo Montoya as far as driving style, and temperament... which is not a bad thing.

I think she'd do well in F1, and cause 3x more controversy then Luis Hamilton did by being 1/2 black.

That said, I don't see a move to F1 for a while... but I do think it will happen. She definitely has the talent.
Do you (or anyone else) know a place we can download torrents about her and her best races?
Old 06-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #20
atfin
Regular User

Originally Posted by thiago View Post
Do you (or anyone else) know a place we can download torrents about her and her best races?

Have you seen this one?
http://www.mininova.org/tor/967
atfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #21
thiago
Regular User

Exclamation

Originally Posted by atfin View Post
Have you seen this one?
http://www.mininova.org/tor/967

Great! Many thanks atfin!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:19 AM   #22
Pokiou
Regular User

F1 greatest drivers are turning over in there graves... Ok she is hot.. but she has NO place in the f1 unless its a grid bitch.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:23 AM   #23
HeilSvenska
Regular User

There is no confirmation that Danica's testing for F1. Why would she test for F1 in the first place?

Nick Fry has denied reports that IndyCar race winner Danica Patrick is scheduled to test for Honda later this year.

According to reports in the Austrian media, Fry has agreed to test Patrick, who claimed her breakthrough Indy victory in Japan earlier this year, when the F1 season ends in November.

"We will put her into our car after the season at the latest and see how quick she is," Fry reportedly told Kronen Zeitung newspaper.

The Honda CEO, though, has denied ever saying this, stating that there are no plans in place to test Patrick.

"There has been no contact between us," he told Autosport.

"But if Danica did want to test one of our cars, we would be more than happy to speak to her about it."
Old 06-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #24
silentm
Regular User

hahaha that turned out nicely
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:30 PM   #25
Pokiou
Regular User

Fail...epic
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote