Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 07-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
kach22i
Regular User

Default Fiat 500 in Ann Arbor July 07 2008 6:30 PM

Fiat 500 in Ann Arbor July 07 2008 6:30 PM

I just took these photos.

What is he thinking?
Architect and Business Owner
kach22i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

Hey George!

I saw that same car parked next to the original Fiat Cinquenta (sp?) about a month ago... It does hold a lot of similar lines as the original too

No rumors of it coming stateside at this time... as the car isn't ready to pass DOT crash standards.

GREAT sighting
Old 07-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
kach22i
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
No rumors of it coming stateside at this time... as the car isn't ready to pass DOT crash standards.
Some people think it could be in Ann Arbor because there are three magazines in town.

Other theories:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=418599
Fiat will share the underpinnings of the new 500 with Ford for the next Ford Ka. Production takes place in Fiat facilities in Poland, and is currently scheduled for mid 2007 with commercial debut in September of 2007.
http://carnuts.us/viewtopic.php?t=4926
Originally Posted by ernmoran
I'm pretty sure that's a manufacturers plate in the window. Maybe it's owned by Chrysler and it's in from the Chelsea proving grounds?

My step dad used to bring home a bunch of cars not sold in the US back in the day with manufacturers plates on them. If I understand it correctly, manufacturers can buy cars from other companies that are exempt from US regulations for R&D purposes.

As to the Fiat 500: want.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
Vansquish
Regular User

Nice sighting indeed! I think I recognize that Porsche you're driving too...I work in MAIS at the Administrative Services Building pretty nearby I think...across the street from NAPA.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #5
kach22i
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
Nice sighting indeed! I think I recognize that Porsche you're driving too...I work in MAIS at the Administrative Services Building pretty nearby I think...across the street from NAPA.
My 1977 911 targa is a little rough, a tiny bit of surface rust, imperfect paint, a few scratches and small dents, no heat, no A/C, no radio to speak of and it likes to drip a little oil too. Still, I've tried my best to take care of it these past six years and it's running pretty good now. It's a lot of work, my respect and sympathy to anyone trying to keep a 30 year old car on the road.

It's the most fun car I have ever driven, and worth all the effort.