Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
tforth
Regular User

Default Porsche 918 Spyder in motion

tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
marcefer
Regular User

At least sounds way much better that other hybrids
marcefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:18 AM   #3
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

So sexy
Old 08-20-2010, 01:41 AM   #4
tforth
Regular User

Here are some more clips:

http://vodpod.com/watch/4266920-jay-...che-918-spyder

Old 08-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
F250
Regular User

1. It's UGLY

2. It seems to require a lot of PUSHING

3. The hyper-expensive Carrera GT was purchased by idiots. The 918 will be bought by rich eco-weenie idiots.

I visited Porsche back in 1987 and recieved a VIP factory tour from the director of public relations. She asked which model Porsche I owned. I told her I didn't own a Porsche.

She asked, "Why not?"

I replied, "I do not want to be associated with the typical Porsche owner."

She nodded and said, "i understand."

F250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
F250
Regular User

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life View Post
So sexy

If you think the 918 is sexy, I'd hate to meet your girlfriend!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by F250 View Post
1. It's UGLY

3. The hyper-expensive Carrera GT was purchased by idiots. The 918 will be bought by rich eco-weenie idiots.

I visited Porsche back in 1987 and recieved a VIP factory tour from the director of public relations. She asked which model Porsche I owned. I told her I didn't own a Porsche.

She asked, "Why not?"

Obviously you've never been in a CGT

Secondly, it seems you have some deep seeded emotional identity problems of your own. I pity you.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
F250
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Obviously you've never been in a CGT

Secondly, it seems you have some deep seeded emotional identity problems of your own. I pity you.
Wrong. I've driven a Carrera GT for 100+ miles. My friend, the owner, has no clue as to what he owns. As far as automobiles go, he is a full blown idiot - and admits so.

I think perhaps you've been sucking up to so many idiot super car owners to get your photos that you have lost perspective.

If idiots didn't buy Porsches, how come 70% of the first year 930 Turbos sold by Vasek Polak were crashed ass-end first into mountains in southern California? You certainly can't believe Vasek had the exclusive on idiot Porsche buyers!

Last edited by F250; 08-20-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:00 AM   #9
F3ckB9LL
Regular User

I can't agree more with you F250
Old 08-21-2010, 06:50 AM   #10
zeus_2011
Regular User

1. It's UGLY

1. Thats a subjective view, I personally think it may be the best thing since sliced bread.

2. Erm, not production spec.

3. Which supercar since the Miura hasn't? I think youtube has influenced you with those stupid arab so-called drift videos.

Its a Porsche, you either like Porsches or you don't, you can admit to not liking them, its fine. I'll admit to even liking the 924 (Carrera GT of course!)
zeus_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #11
F250
Regular User

Originally Posted by zeus_2011 View Post
1. Thats a subjective view, I personally think it may be the best thing since sliced bread.

2. Erm, not production spec.

3. Which supercar since the Miura hasn't? I think youtube has influenced you with those stupid arab so-called drift videos.

Its a Porsche, you either like Porsches or you don't, you can admit to not liking them, its fine. I'll admit to even liking the 924 (Carrera GT of course!)
1. Lack of taste is not subjective.

2. Ermm... you'd think that German Engineers would make sure a RUNNING PROTOTYPE actually ran at it's Pebble Beach Concours public debut.

3. What influenced me was living in Southern California, home to 50% of all the Porsches ever built, for 42 years.

During that time, I've run accross more Porsche drivers than you could ever imagine. What can you say about 930 drivers that couldn't outrun a stock rental Camaro or stock VW Jetta?

My lawyer is a perfect example of the typical Porsche owner. He had a 993 and I challenged him to a 3 lap race around the big track at willow Springs in my stock 1989 Jetta - with both titles escrowed and deliverable to the winner. In front of his law firn partners. He hasn't talked about cars or his driving skills since.

I sold Porsches on the weekends for two years. Every damn idiot buyer thought he knew everything about the cars and I had to bite my tounge to close sales.

Porsche salesmen know Porsche buyers are dorks.

The Porsche factory knows Porsche buyers are dorks. Go to Stuttgart and ask for yourself. How else can you explain the success of a freekin' Porsche SUV.

Porsche drivers know they are dorks every time they get passed by a mini van, VW, 6 cylinder Mustang or pick up truck on Mulholland Drive or Angeles Crest Highway. You should see the look on Boxster drivers faces when they're passed on the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway up hear in Cody, Wyoming. By a 7,280 lb. F250 Powerstroke 4X4 at 85 MPH.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:34 AM   #12
nthfinity
Regular User

I think perhaps you've been sucking up to so many idiot super car owners to get your photos that you have lost perspective.
Idiots buy every kind of car. Non non-idiots buy every kind of car. Just what "idiot" you are speaking of is impossible. You have failed to quantify how 70% of wreaked 930 Turbo's equates to any of this... let alone to quantify the term "Idiot" in your argument.

It is truly unfortunate that you have become so wrapped in how to snub "keeping up with the Jones'" that you sir have obviously lost the ability to enjoy a car for what it is. Ultimately, it is a hunk of metal. Nothing more.

For some, a car is a status symbol. Unfortunately, a Vdub is one I would ~almost~ never be caught in. Exceptions made for a quality 'dub like an R32, or W8 Passat 6 speed. I would rather be seen in a Chevy Cruze... but I care about style, performance, and the man-machine interface of a car. You seem to care more about what other ivory tower douche bags such as yourself look like rather than the enjoyment a car can give it's owner.

I still have pity on you.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

When I buy that winning lotto ticket, there are still only 3 "must haves" for my garage..

An F40, a Ruf rt12 and a Porsche Carrera GT.

That is all
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
tforth
Regular User

1. It's UGLY

She asked, "Why not?"

I guess that your user name is in no way an indicator of what you prefer to drive .
Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
F250
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth View Post
I guess that your user name is in no way an indicator of what you prefer to drive .
Let's see, here's a list of some of the new cars I've owned:

1972 FIAT 128 2 DR
1978 VW Rabbit L
1983 Rabbit GTI
1989 VW Jetta
1991 BMW 325
1994 BMW 840Ci
2006 Superformance 427 Cobra replica
2007 Kirkham 427 Cobra replica
2005 Subaru Legacy GT
2004 Mustang Mach 1
2005 Ford F250 Powerstroke FX-4 pickup

I also have a Ducati 999S sitting in my garage.

I like coming up behind Porsche drivers on mountain roads with the F250. It's got a Go Industries Rancher grill guard and scares the hell out of them until I pass.