Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 02-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #1
RC45
Regular User

I am not angry at all.

I buy my game software - because I can afford it, and I reward others efforts - if I am not inconvenienced.

I don't need a copy for free.

I am simply stating my choice as a consumer - that the burden of any company's business should not be mine - except in the form of a purchase price - period.

These guys don't make enough money from their software, that is why they have to covet the installed source so much - for fear someone would copy and share it and they would be out revenue.

That is why the business savvy take their ideas/concepts/software and let a publisher bear the cost burden of distribution while they get the payout of their labour.

The "noble art of software for the people" and "not selling out" and "keeping creative control" is so naive it's laughable.

Cash in - have a life and move on I say

The titles that actually make money are making money even WHILE they are being copied - why?

Because they field the product to a wider audience of buyers.

I have downloaded the demo LFS - and quite frankly is OK, not THAT good... and the reason they don't have my 12 quid is because unlike any other software I currently have - I can disconnect from the Internet and enjoy it - even on a stand alone PC - without being FORCED to go back to the source each time I want to change my system.

That is like being forced to go back to the Publisher when you move your magazine collection from the hall lavatory to the crapper off your den...

It is a matter of principle.

Oh well - to each their own ...

p.s. I was not implying their software was 600mb in size - but rather that LFS will have only a brief 15 minutes of fame and be as outdated as a 600mb CD before the show was over
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote