Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-19-2003, 03:43 AM   #136
unionamc
Regular User

Wait a second here. What about those people who have 100 or 1000 posts already? Is it ok for them to write pointless one sentence posts and not ok for those people who have very few posts? It's kinda extreme that everyone that is trying to get access to the video vault who does not have access right now must post "meaningful" posts all the time. I mean, I understand the case of the guy who posted 50 in a day but what about me? I look at a whole bunch of forum topics and I just generally don't have much to say unless its something I have an opinion on... This sucks.
unionamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 04:57 AM   #137
5vz-fe
Regular User

I usually post 1-2 line replies.........(mostly thanking posts).......and I am still not kicked out, so I guess u will be fine unionamc (a little note tho, I am not one of the ppl who can access the videos tho :cry: )
Old 12-19-2003, 06:16 AM   #138
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by unionamc
Wait a second here. What about those people who have 100 or 1000 posts already? Is it ok for them to write pointless one sentence posts and not ok for those people who have very few posts? It's kinda extreme that everyone that is trying to get access to the video vault who does not have access right now must post "meaningful" posts all the time. I mean, I understand the case of the guy who posted 50 in a day but what about me? I look at a whole bunch of forum topics and I just generally don't have much to say unless its something I have an opinion on... This sucks.
It's not so strange IMO: if somebody posted already 1000 times of course we know him better than a new member, so even if he posts something dumb or out of the border, it's different, yes...
And we know there are lot of members actually visiting the forums and reading many topics, and we know many simply read and don't feel they have anything to add, but what can we do? We can't read everybody's mind...
Old 12-21-2003, 09:32 AM   #139
karton_suntob
Regular User

I'm new here so this means that i can't accsess to d/w ...??

some one explain that to me plz ..??
karton_suntob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 09:35 AM   #140
TT
Regular User

You can find lot of answers (and questions) about that in the "site suggestions / bug reporting" section of them forum
Old 12-21-2003, 04:52 PM   #141
davidovic
Regular User

TT, how can you know ANYONE on the damn internet?! People tell great stories about themselves, nobody's ugly on the internet, everyone drives really cool cars. How tell me, how can you know anyone on the silly little forum?
davidovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 05:06 PM   #142
TT
Regular User

I don't understand what do you mean... of course I know all the good and regular posters here.. is it so strange? I read everything on JW, and it's obvious if I see a nick I can remember maybe the avatar or the signature or the last topic the member took part in... what do you think mods and admins are for?
This is my online home.. of course I don't know all the 3500 members.. but all the ones that posted more than once well.. I'm not pretending I really know them.. but I know what they are like in JW..
Old 12-21-2003, 05:17 PM   #143
yg60m
Regular User

I think TT can see if you are there only for Video Vault or to be a part of the community.
I registered before the video Vault open and i am first interrested by the community. Moreover i used to download the video on Racingflix so I didn't need the VV. Alas I haven't seen a new Jabba's video on Racingflix for a long time. :idea:
Old 12-21-2003, 06:18 PM   #144
kihoonshin
Regular User

So how many posts do you need to gain access to the downloads section? Because i am a new registered user.. and i can't download anything right now
kihoonshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 06:23 PM   #145
TT
Regular User

And you should look around a little before asking the dreaded question.. there IS NOT a minimu post number required
Old 12-22-2003, 07:17 PM   #146
bimmer328
Regular User

HOW THE HELL DO DOWNLOAD MOVIES IN THE MOVIES SECTION? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
bimmer328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 07:50 PM   #147
gis
Regular User

^^^^^^^^^WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOIN TO LEARN HOW TO READ THE LIKE 5000 OTHER TOPICS ON THAT QUESTION

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 08:16 PM   #148
stradale
Regular User

LOL!

Anyway, he saved us some time by deciding to post it in the hall of shame himself...
Old 12-22-2003, 08:24 PM   #149
gis
Regular User

LOL very true named and shamed YOURSELF lol

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 03:58 PM   #150
vsusan
Regular User

Jabba,

How about I give you US$ 50 and you raise my rating. I'm tired of missing out on good vids. I can pay I don't care. What do you say?
vsusan is offline   Reply With Quote