Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #136
graywolf624
Regular User

I can show you similar things in wrestling. Especially with shots. You have another thing comming if you don't think shots can be done quicker then you can react or catch. The guy that beat my ass in regionals had a shot so quick if you were on the matt with him and blinked you were screwed.. Very hard to discern tell.. I wrestled him 8x.. almost beat him the last time. (I managed to stay the hell off my feet). He went on to win multiple college national championships.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #137
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
How does me throwing an arm punch uppercut aid you in some takedown I dunno....
If Im in close you dont have an arm to hit with. ITs too late. Even Crokroc shows that pretty well.. Man isnt no fool.. he keeps his distance to mid to far. Tactical advantage swings to the wrestler the minute he actually has his hands on you. Your tactical advantage is to keep his hands off you. It really comes down to if you can knock him out before he gets ahold of you. At the MWA level its proven thats not what happens.
Thats only one of my tactics.

The whole point is to keep you away in the first place and keep hitting you till you get shaken.

And if you never felt slightly so disoriented then you have NEVER been hit hard enough.

If you are rocked with a shot from distance and are slightly shaken I highly doubt that you would still have the mental capacity to carry out any kind of takedown, as that in itself is an art of its own.

The whole point is that if you are in trouble going to the floor is not an option, your only chance is to put your D up and shake off the buzz in your head.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #138
graywolf624
Regular User

And if you never felt slightly so disoriented then you have NEVER been hit hard enough.

If you are rocked with a shot from distance and are slightly shaken I highly doubt that you would still have the mental capacity to carry out any kind of takedown, as that in itself is an art of its own.
Its an art that happens in wrestling too.. Or any fighting. The key to both sports is to try and disorient the opponent.. we still hit to the head, not quite as hard but we do.. Then theres Throws.. those types of things do the same thing you are talking about. To argue the wrestler doesnt go out there disoriented similar to the striker is to be completely off base.. Anyone who fights learns that skill.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #139
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Its an art that happens in wrestling too.. Or any fighting. The key to both sports is to try and disorient the opponent.. we still hit to the head, not quite as hard but we do.. Then theres Throws.. those types of things do the same thing you are talking about. To argue the wrestler doesnt go out there disoriented similar to the striker is to be completely off base.. Anyone who fights learns that skill.
Hold on, when do you openly hook someone to the head in wrestling?

The whole point is that no one in wrestling blatantly hits anyone.

In boxing the whole point for you to put your D up and shake off the buzz is because you are physicaly not capable of doing anything else, you are concused, if you had that feeling you know that your legs give up and you wanna go only one place, to the floor.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:06 PM   #140
graywolf624
Regular User

The whole point is that if you are in trouble going to the floor is not an option, your only chance is to put your D up and shake off the buzz in your head.
The whole point is.. Wrestlers are trained to deal with those type of things too.. And as youll see from the videos on pride and UFC.. they do quite well in standing d. At least as long as they dont get winded (300 lb lardballs like the one mentioned above need not apply).
Old 04-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #141
graywolf624
Regular User

Hold on, when do you openly hook someone to the head in wrestling?

You blatantly slap people to the head in wrestling all the time. Slap and yank.. The whole point being to disorient the bastard to setup the shot.. A close fist is illegal.. and blatant hits are illegal.. But your taught to rough up the head.. jam it around from left to right with your hands, your elbows.. etc..
Have you never seen a cross face.. Suckers hurt like bloody hell.. Think take the elbow.. and try to rip your opponents face off with it.. Cant wind up completely but its the same basic concept and has a similar effect.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #142
SFDMALEX
Regular User

The whole point is.. Wrestlers are trained to deal with those type of things too.. And as youll see from the videos on pride and UFC.. they do quite well in standing d. At least as long as they dont get winded (300 lb lardballs like the one mentioned above need not apply).

The whole point is that every single wrestler in any MMA is trained to strike cause his wrestling ability alone would not get him anywere but a place at a wrestling competition.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #143
SFDMALEX
Regular User

You blatantly slap people to the head in wrestling all the time. Slap and yank.. The whole point being to disorient the bastard to setup the shot.. A close fist is illegal.. and blatant hits are illegal.. But your taught to rough up the head.. jam it around from left to right with your hands, your elbows.. etc..
Have you never seen a cross face.. Suckers hurt like bloody hell.. Thin take the elbo.. and try to rip your opponents face off with it.. Cant wind up completely but its the same basic concept and has a similar effect.[/quote]

Well you see slaps and yanks arent exactly jabs or straight rights on the chin.

What was the last time a man got KOed or knocked down by a slap?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #144
graywolf624
Regular User

The whole point is that every single wrestler in any MMA is trained to strike cause his wrestling ability alone would not get him anywere but a place at a wrestling competition.
In the begining many werent.. or had very little. The same could be said for the strikers.
Over time the mix has come out on top.. That doesnt say anything different from my comments.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #145
graywolf624
Regular User

Well you see slaps and yanks arent exactly jabs or straight rights on the hand.

What was the last time a man got KOed or knocked down by a slap?
Actually all the time.. Ive yanked people so hard theyve fallen to the floor.. Its not the same as a jab... but its not that far off for disorienting.. If I yank your entire body around by your head.. move you 3 feet with your head and while simultaneously grounding it into your face.. Your going to have trouble concetrating... . Ive also already told you ive had concusions, bruised ribs, broken arms, etc in wrestling.. It happens.. not every match.. but it still happens. People dont break their noses in wrestling while playing paddycake.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #146
SFDMALEX
Regular User

In the begining many werent.. or had very little. The same could be said for the strikers.
Over time the mix has come out on top.. That doesnt say anything different from my comments.
Then if wrestling was enough to take a man out, why did they learn striking and opposite?

Clearly before that it was all about who managed to get a shot in or who managed to grab ones legs or arms. Isnt that what I have been saying oh a few pages ago?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #147
graywolf624
Regular User

Then if wrestling was enough to take a man out, why did they learn striking and opposite?

Clearly before that it was all about who managed to get a shot in or who managed to grab ones legs or arms. Isnt that what I have been saying oh a few pages ago?
Because the strikers learned wrestling. I told you before.. you know both your superior to either. In fact.. if your average at either one and stunning at the other your going to be damn good. Thats a given.

I like the new title by the way.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #148
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Actually all the time.. Ive yanked people so hard theyve fallen to the floor.. Its not the same as a jab... but its not that far off for disorienting.. If I yank your entire body around by your head.. move you 3 feet with your head and while simultaneously grounding it into your face.. Your going to have trouble concetrating... . Ive also already told you ive had concusions, bruised ribs, broken arms, etc in wrestling.. It happens.. not every match.. but it still happens. People dont break their noses in wrestling while playing paddycake.
Once again, I fail to see the similarity.

You throwing someone with force has nothing to do with someone going down because they are concused from a punch.

You cant possibly slap someone hard enough to resemble anything close to the effect a punch to the head has on you. Its not possible, you cant use your toes and swing your hips like your Muhammad Imad Bruce Lee with slapping motion.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #149
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Because the strikers learned wrestling. I told you before.. you know both your superior to either. In fact.. if your average at either one and stunning at the other your going to be damn good. Thats a given.

I like the new title by the way.
I say wreslers learned striking.

Or we can go start a whole new thread on history of MMA to see who did what first

and yea the title is great.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #150
graywolf624
Regular User

You throwing someone with force has nothing to do with someone going down because they are concused from a punch.

You cant possibly slap someone hard enough to resemble anything close to the effect a punch to the head has on you. Its not possible, you cant use your toes and swing your hips like your Muhammad Imad Bruce Lee with slapping motion.
No one ever argued knocking some out.. U talked about confusing someone or knocking them to the ground.. Neither require you to open hand punch. Let someone cross face you, if you think you can concentrate in that any more then a punch Ill buy you a beer. While your at it let someone wrap their hand behind your kneck and use his elbow to push your around and then slam your head straight down to the matt. Trust me it hurts like hell. Hits to the head are something wrestlers are trained to deal with.. and to be honest it isnt the strength of the hit that disorients.. Even a light hit can disorient if done right.. Its how its done. You should know that too.

say wreslers learned striking.
As a response to strikers learning grappling