Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-22-2006, 07:23 PM   #136
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
haha, i love how you guys arent cheering for ghana, but against the usa. did they hurt your feelings somewhere along the way?.
Im generalt pro States and all but as far as football goes fuck USA.

Sorry, I hear too much shit coming out of American mouths about the sport...

And it all just got more sour when this clown on CNN said "when I think soccer, I think racism, hooligans and ...." forgot what else he said.

You disrespect sport, thats why no one cheers for US ever.

Sure might not be every American, but as a nation I never root for US. Never.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:49 PM   #137
antonioledesma
Regular User

I'll have to watch the Aussies' game later on. By your comments it was a great match. I only saw the Brazil-Japan match, and I gotta say it was a taste of Brazil's game.

Now to wait for the rest of the games. It could be the last chance of France (they have to put Henry and Trezeguet together).
The Swiss team will have a hard game against those fast koreans.
Ukraine has to show everything they have to qualify.
And Spain will only confirm that their group wasn't so hard, and to point to the semifinals
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #138
godspeed06
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
haha, i love how you guys arent cheering for ghana, but against the usa. did they hurt your feelings somewhere along the way?.
Im generalt pro States and all but as far as football goes fuck USA.

Sorry, I hear too much shit coming out of American mouths about the sport...

And it all just got more sour when this clown on CNN said "when I think soccer, I think racism, hooligans and ...." forgot what else he said.

You disrespect sport, thats why no one cheers for US ever.

Sure might not be every American, but as a nation I never root for US. Never.
that quotes ridiculous. soccer is teh greatest sport in the world... by the way, does canada even have a team?
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:11 PM   #139
antonioledesma
Regular User

^of course, and this last concacaf tournamet for the world cup, they were not so good. They dissapointed a little
Old 06-22-2006, 11:45 PM   #140
SFDMALEX
Regular User

that quotes ridiculous. soccer is teh greatest sport in the world... by the way, does canada even have a team?
Its the worst team on the planet.

Youd think we would be better then States having such a big European immigrant population eh?

I actually think we have some talent here, its just that immigrants dont have the money to go to private schools, play in some fancy leagues where scouts go.

And I know not all Americans are like that. People do go to see the MLS games afterall. But the general American attitude towards football(soccer) is shit
well very much like we in Europe dont understand American football.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:49 PM   #141
antonioledesma
Regular User

Canada's national team has come down this years. Look at the USA's program that has a mediocre league that works and gives continuity to the colleges' football programs. Because Canada doesn't have a professional team (as I know until now), their players don't have the chance to grow up
Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 PM   #142
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
Canada's national team has come down this years. Look at the USA's program that has a mediocre league that works and gives continuity to the colleges' football programs. Because Canada doesn't have a professional team (as I know until now), their players don't have the chance to grow up

Mate these little leagues I see here that they show on Local TV are embarrasing.

Its actually sad the level of football the play at.

I can bring my old high school team from Ukraine and beat these guys.

Its just sad.

Oh well we got "HOCKEY!"

Anyway the reason we dont have a football league is because Canadians dont like the sport.

Its only immigrants in cities like Toronto, Vancuver, Montreal that like it.

Otherwise the rest of Canada is all hard core Canadians that like hockey and shit Canadian beer hey but they are still cool.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:01 AM   #143
antonioledesma
Regular User

football in USA wasn't liked, until sport authorities introduced the sport in elementary and high schools. Of course also in colleges.
also the usa league has some financial troubles because not all teams attract the crowds they desired
I wouldn't be surprised if the goverment dept of sport or whatever it is, helps with money.

the usa had another league back then in the 70's. Lots of international stars went (Pele did it) and the league dissapeared
Old 06-23-2006, 12:25 AM   #144
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
football in USA wasn't liked, until sport authorities introduced the sport in elementary and high schools. Of course also in colleges.
also the usa league has some financial troubles because not all teams attract the crowds they desired
I wouldn't be surprised if the goverment dept of sport or whatever it is, helps with money.

the usa had another league back then in the 70's. Lots of international stars went (Pele did it) and the league dissapeared
I think a lot of the reason its not very big on a professional spectating level here is that it doesnt yield enough time for commercials. You can only put commercials in at the beginning, half and end and not during. Any other major sport you get here on TV is littered with commercials. I love the sport and played it for over 18 years, coached two teams (coaching one currently) and damn near every kid in this area played for some time at least. Its huge at the youth level but not at the professional.

Anyway, I saw Brazil's game today and they looked pretty damn good. Ronaldo finally got into it and scored some goals. Tivo'd the Aussie/Croatia game so Ill have to catch that later tonight. Didnt watch the US/Ghana or Chech/Italy games yet either but I Tivo'd them so I am gonna go watch those now. I havent missed a single game yet LOL and I dont intend too. There are so few and rare chances to see good soccer (yes I said soccer!) here without having to pay for some ultra premium sports channels.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:24 AM   #145
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
I think a lot of the reason its not very big on a professional spectating level here is that it doesnt yield enough time for commercials. You can only put commercials in at the beginning, half and end and not during. Any other major sport you get here on TV is littered with commercials. I love the sport and played it for over 18 years, coached two teams (coaching one currently) and damn near every kid in this area played for some time at least. Its huge at the youth level but not at the professional.
That is some ingenius reasoning right there, and it makes a lot of sense. But it is so sad to hear though, soccer is such a great game(hahaha soccer...)

Anyways, I don't think i'm going to get any sleep tonight, the Korea vs. Swiss game is tomorrow. I hope Korea can pull through and beat them to advance onto the next round, it should be a good game.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:15 PM   #146
Global Warming
Regular User

Its the worst team on the planet.

Youd think we would be better then States having such a big European immigrant population eh?

I actually think we have some talent here, its just that immigrants dont have the money to go to private schools, play in some fancy leagues where scouts go.

And I know not all Americans are like that. People do go to see the MLS games afterall. But the general American attitude towards football(soccer) is shit
well very much like we in Europe dont understand American football.

Well I have to say here is my impression of soccer. I’m a “died in the wool” baseball fan. I have also always been a football fan. I also love to watch basketball, tennis, and golf.

But I have NEVER watched soccer. Really I have never been to or seen an MLS game on TV or in person. I virtually know nothing about the sport. So this year I thought I would give it a chance and watch this way hyped World Cup. The first day I see all this racist shit! People throwing bananas and dressed up like Hitler?!?! What the fuck! This shit does not happen in sports in America.

Ok so the the USA looses its first game witch was no big deal and no surprise. Next thing I see are tons of posts all over message boards with Europeans saying things like “haha fuck you America you suck so bad” etc. Then a lot of people replied that they really don’t car if team USA wins or looses because they are just not into soccer. So those same people get even madder. “You stupid fucking yanks don’t even like the best sport in the world its no wonder everyone hates you!!” etc. etc.

So I have to agree with the guy on CNN 100%! I tried to get into the World Cup but immediately found out 3 things!!

1. I find it painfully boring to try to watch.
2. I was shocked and appalled to see the racism witch apparently has been going on for a long time in the sport.
3. The fans around the world have no respect for the USA and the sports we do like and are unbelievably rude and immature towards us and each other.

Bottom line, I will never watch or care about soccer again, its pure garbage!
Old 06-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #147
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\Your so fucking full of shit.

1) There has been no racism in this world cup, or ever.

2) Racism is football is a rare occasion.

3) Football boring? WTF is baseball then ahahahahahahahahaah

4) The reason no one respects USA is because of guys like you in the first place lol
Old 06-23-2006, 01:16 PM   #148
Global Warming
Regular User

1) So the people throwing bananas and chanting "monkey" at black players on the first day didn’t happen? WTF? It was international news! Plus the German police confiscated dozens of pro-nazi signs and banners!

3) If you did not grow up playing and watching baseball then yes I'm sure it is boring to you! That does not make me mad at all. In fact I expect and understand that. I have NO desire what so ever to see baseball become popular in Europe. And saying you don’t like it does not bother me at all. If you don’t like baseball then don’t watch it, watch a sport you do like.

That is the main problem with soccer, this attitude that "it’s the best fucking sport in the world and if you don’t LOVE IT you suck". That is so stupid and its people like you that make people like me hate soccer even more.

I really hope the USA does NOT make the WC in 2010. It’s just a waist of time and I would much prefer a lot less coverage of it in our country.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #149
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Im not even going to bother with reading what you wrote.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:41 PM   #150
Global Warming
Regular User

Im not even going to bother with reading what you wrote.
LOL how mature! :roll:

At least you are constant in being a typical soccer fan boy. Insult everyone and then ignore everything everyone else has to say.