Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 07-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #136
nickthaskater

Haha the thing that will annoy you most is that I could go faster on both of those tracks

Same can be said for the Nurburgring, I only ran 2 laps to get that time.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:52 AM   #137
nthfinity
Regular User

oh man, this really makes me want to play again.... too bad i dont have much time these days

maybe i can find some time today... my own leguna seca time, i felt i could scrub a 1/2 second off my time... i could see myself working into 7 flat... tuskuba... i just don't find that track interesting.

when i originally set my 1:03.0x or whatever, it was only mastering 2 of the turns in the whole track... so i can definately see somebody getting a 1:01.xxx being a master
Old 07-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #138
nickthaskater

I would've had a 1'01 if I hadn't washed out in the final corner Easily lost at least a tenth there (which is all I needed to get into the '01s).
Old 07-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #139
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
I would've had a 1'01 if I hadn't washed out in the final corner Easily lost at least a tenth there (which is all I needed to get into the '01s).
thats an odd turn for me to gibble with.... you can chose 10 different lines and still be quick.... i just dont know which is the fastest ops:
Old 07-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #140
rave426
Regular User

Cool, well the way I am.... If you lower the time, i'm not going to stop until I get there. Honestly I havnt played any GT since late last year, just a few GT3 drifting spurts about 3 months ago. Im glad your putting those times down, I have something to go for.

As for Tuskuba, getting times lowered there is tedious because the track is short so there isnt much room for error. I'm losing speed on 2 turns, so I assume a 1'01.9low (maybe even high eights) is about as fastest lap that can be down without being perfect.

I know you can bring your time down at laguna, because I am pretty consistent around 1'30.low there.

I am going to try those again tonight, then I am going to start trying for the other ones this weekend.

You said you have been in other competitions--How do your times/skills line up with other people around the net? Im curious to see how I compare.

At Tuskuba I maintain an average speed of around 81-83 mph (i think). It is difficult to keep the same line everytime. How about you all?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #141
nickthaskater

I've only partaken in competitons on ign.com, but I'm consistently in the top 2 among 20+ people there.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #142
nickthaskater

Here you go, set your sights a little higher

BMW M3 on Laguna Seca - 1'29.062

I can still go faster, but I'm way too fucking tired lol. Off to bed with me :sleeping:
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #143
Vansquish
Regular User

Here you go, set your sights a little higher

BMW M3 on Laguna Seca - 1'29.062

I can still go faster, but I'm way too fucking tired lol. Off to bed with me :sleeping:
Nice lap!!! I'll have a go at it as soon as I string together a proper 'Ring lap...I only put in about 30 minutes yesterday.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #144
Vansquish
Regular User

Alright...I'm doing my best to retake the leaderboard, I think I've got them all so far muahaha.

On the 'Ring, I managed to string together a 6:59.031 which is about 2 seconds too slow. I still had a couple of minor problems on the course which all-in-all probably mean that a 6:56/7 is very doable.

At Tsukuba I managed to get into the 1:01-range with a 1:01.866. I'd been trying for months to break into the 1:02's and for some reason today some of the corners just made more sense than they had been.

(My apologies the pictures are really horrible, I didn't notice when I took them lol)

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 07-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #145
rave426
Regular User

Looks damn good to me. Guess ima have to work harder than I thought **gets ready for long weekend of frustration** Keep it up, before long we are going to push each other into perfection.

Anyway, still at the workplace..... peace

P.S. That blasted wheel hop/lack of traction on corner exits when using the civic sure is annoying. It seems like it ought to be better with those tires, but I guess not........
Old 07-27-2006, 05:36 PM   #146
Vansquish
Regular User

yeah...best thing to do is just get lined up well and get the power down as early and cleanly as possible in the CTR

Old 07-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #147
nickthaskater

Wow, you took 1.5 seconds off your best at Seca, and 7.5 seconds off of your 'Ring time, in one day, that's...impressive.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:10 PM   #148
rave426
Regular User

Ok, kinda tired of Tuskuba now, gotta take a break on it 1'02.037

Laguna Seca just doesnt want me to progress in life, cant completly put together the Vaquish beating time yet. Its there...I have smelled it..........and then i realize that its just the smell of the brakes from braking too hard and too early on the last corner.....

Old 07-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #149
Vansquish
Regular User

Wow, you took 1.5 seconds off your best at Seca, and 7.5 seconds off of your 'Ring time, in one day, that's...impressive.
It's been a while, but the 'Ring has always been my favorite track in GT4 and when I play, I almost invariably run some hot laps in some mid-engined rear-drive car, often the NSX. The NSX-R is definitely one of the most impressive cars in the game and makes 'Ring attacks surprisingly easy. That being said, I still believe a 6:56 is possible, as I can point to a couple of spots where I definitely lost enough speed that 2 seconds ought to be possible.

The Laguna time, I don't know if you guys have been using the "out-of-bounds" area at the end of the front straight before the Andretti hairpin, but I've found I can carry a lot more speed into it and then through the second apex if I do...in essence I'm making the hairpin a much wider-radius turn. That's where I found a lot of the time I made up today.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:08 AM   #150
rave426
Regular User

Hmm, naw I havnt used that one. The way it sounds, you are simulating a decreasing radius turn. I will try that one.............prolly tommorow. Thanks