Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 10:52 AM   #196
sikx5
Regular User

you swalled coolant? thats not very healthy...LOL
stop at nothing to achieve sub zero temps eh, hope you do reach it, cause thats a lot of trouble to go to...but its a pretty neat setup.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:53 AM   #197
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Jabba
I just wanted to add that I have not been feeling that well today...I am wondering if I accidentally swallowed a bit too much anti freeze last night....hmmm think I am going off the idea of this project now a bit.
Well its certainly not good for you, but i think you'd have to deliberately drink it to do any real harm Certainly working well as can be seen by the frost ...... what i want o know is does it make the whole room freezing cold or just the comp?

Old 11-27-2004, 10:59 AM   #198
Jabba
Regular User

Nope...the room is baking hot now...as the aircon generates a lot of heat to get the anti freeze that cold.

Al...as someone who I presume works on cars...have you ever swallowed any antifreeze...and if so how much....and were there any symptoms ???
Old 11-27-2004, 11:05 AM   #199
Anonymous

Nope...the room is baking hot now...as the aircon generates a lot of heat to get the anti freeze that cold.

Al...as someone who I presume works on cars...have you ever swallowed any antifreeze...and if so how much....and were there any symptoms ???
Well never really swallowed any no..... spat it out yes never been ill from it ..... but its not nice stuff its got methanol in it and something else, so if your feeling really unwell i would just get yourself down to the local doctors/ casualty... better to be safe than sorry IMO the worst they can say is no your be fine..... you may feel slightly stupid but for sure if you ingested alot it could be VERY serious..... hope I don't worry you too much

Old 11-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #200
Jabba
Regular User

Yep I pretty much spat all of it out as well...plus it was last night....so from what I have read...it would be too late now anyway to get any treatment for it....
Old 11-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #201
Anonymous

Um Jabba just typed into google and indeed it can be very serious........

http://www.healthcentral.com/mhc/top/002751.cfm

If i were you i'd go to casualty if your feeling bad...... can cause long term health problems

Old 11-27-2004, 11:09 AM   #202
Darkel
Regular User

One second faster ... I probably can't do better, I tried with uncheking the start up programs in msconfig and rebooting but I was even slower ! 7:16

Well, here's my latest test : 7min08 :roll:
Old 11-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #203
Anonymous

Yep I pretty much spat all of it out as well...plus it was last night....so from what I have read...it would be too late now anyway to get any treatment for it....
Well the quicker the better from what i've read..... have you read the label BTW.... different symptoms for different chemicals from what i've just been reading.......

Old 11-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #204
Jabba
Regular User

Yep...its the big orange one...harmful if swallowed....guess I better start making my will out...LOL.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:30 AM   #205
Anonymous

Yep...its the big orange one...harmfull if swallowed....guess I better start making my will out...LOL.
HAHA, still in good humour i see..... well I'm terrible at giving this type of advise...... i hate going to the doctors even when i do something stupid..... like i once inhaled so much paint the inside of my nose actually went blue (the colour i was spraying ) i felt ill for a couple of days LOL. Thats why i always say to people better to be safe than sorry cos i'm exactly the type that won't go to the doctors/ hospital It's funny really my bro is the opposite

Old 11-27-2004, 11:38 AM   #206
Jabba
Regular User

Yep...same here...you could count on one hand the amount of time that I have been to the doctors...in fact my last doctor actually died...before I had even met him.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:41 AM   #207
Anonymous

Yep...same here...you could count on one hand the amount of time that I have been to the doctors...in fact my last doctor actually died...before I had even met him.
LMAO, the last time i went was when I tore ligaments in my foot aged about 12.... done the same thing about 5 or 6 times since but never bothered to go back

Old 11-27-2004, 12:25 PM   #208
mindgam3
Regular User

I think if you had swallowed a substantial amount you would've thrown up by now. Better safe than sorry though
Old 11-27-2004, 01:05 PM   #209
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
with a little more respect of chemicals........ ops:
Kinda the same way I feel now....

Makes me feel better to know that it seems unless you have actually drunk it on purpose or by accident then you should be ok...
Old 11-27-2004, 01:47 PM   #210
Anonymous

Originally Posted by brembo
with a little more respect of chemicals........ ops:
Kinda the same way I feel now....

Makes me feel better to know that it seems unless you have actually drunk it on purpose or by accident then you should be ok...
Cool, thats what i put in my first post but well..... I certainly no doctor , i guess you just might feel a bit shit for a while.... as your body has to get rid of it..... the same as alcohol i guess, only much worse

Closed Thread