Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-13-2005, 10:29 PM   #241
5vz-fe
Regular User

How many weekends does it have to last again?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:42 AM   #242
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
i say bring back the 1.5L turbos, man those were beasts.

but i cant wait to see the top v8 lap times compared to the v10 laptimes.
they bring back the 1,5L turbos and i promise you you can see the revival of BMW's M10 engine or at least the 21st century incarnation

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:43 AM   #243
Mers
Regular User

F1 2050....shumi's grandson posing in his Ferrari F-PDL

I don't like the sound of new rules, standardization is going a little too far...next thing u know, we'll be racing clone drivers
Old 07-14-2005, 01:01 AM   #244
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62

they bring back the 1,5L turbos and i promise you you can see the revival of BMW's M10 engine or at least the 21st century incarnation
Haha, I will always welcome a non-bango 2002 comeback
Old 07-14-2005, 01:51 AM   #245
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62

lets not forget Renault had one badass turbo engine. and it would be nice to see Ferrari work out a turbo'ed engine. its been a while.
when is the last time a renault has been seen in the states?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:06 AM   #246
Toronto
Regular User

^^^ that is their choice I bet you if they want to start selling them there/here peopel would buy them , they don't see it a worth while move for them (cause of there history here)...
Old 07-14-2005, 02:41 AM   #247
5vz-fe
Regular User

^u will definitely need a electric motor to convert the braking momentum into electric power (stored in a battery pack) as well as delivering the stored power.

It will be quite a challenge tho, coz F1 drivers modulate the brakes in a very delicated manner. So I would I assume a CVT kinda module attached to the electric motor to allow change in counterforce of the motor, giving the drivers some sort of linearity.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:28 AM   #248
kksh
Regular User

why don't theyjust fit an NOS bottle inside. See how well the drivers use it. How they conserve etc. Ok, it's not high tech but should work eh?

Goddamnit...
An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars, megapixel cellphones and clothes.
Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We're the middle children of history, man...
No purpose or place.
We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars.
But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact.
And we're very, very pissed off
kksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #249
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Fucking retarted...

I officialy stop watching F1 in 2008. Or whenever all this bullshits comes in effect.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:41 AM   #250
|Nuno|
Regular User

Here's the system:

This is complete bullshit. Instead of solving the problem by making the aerodynamics more friendly and relly more on mechanical grip, this is just a (bad) way around the problem of lack of overtaking...

And who says this will actually work...? The driver in front can simply press the button before the guy who tries to overtake him...
Old 07-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #251
graywolf624
Regular User

. Meaning was to somehow to store the energy produced from braking and then the energy of about 60hp could be used in overtaking. I don't know does it mean that cars would then have an electric motor also?
Thats exactly how alot of these hybrid cars work. Interesting concept, but a little too arcady for my tastes.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 10:58 AM   #252
jenkF1
Regular User

This boost knob stuff is absolute shite. I agree this a bad way around the problem. Didnt they use this'boost' method in CART witht the turbos? Does it improve the show there? All F1 has to do to improve the show is lower the aero and bring back slicks.

The whole point of banning ground affect years ago was it produced too much downforce. Designers had to search for ways of producing downforce OVER the car instead of UNDERNEATH. But now we are seeing so much downforce in F1 over the top of the cars its a belief by many that this disturbs the air flow much much more. Thus leading to the theory that if your in the 'dirty air' of a car its very difficult to overtake. I personally thought this was shit or too small to take seriously but I noticed the behaviour of Kimi's car in Silverstone when he was stuck behind. It may be me tripping out but i swear he was needing a lot more lock to take the corners and the car all of a sudden had bad understeer.

So why dont we bring back a resticted form of gorund affect and get rid of the big wings, or find ways of getting round this dirty air problem? All this 2008 bullshit about manual gear boxes, standard ECUs and customer chassis is going to destroy F1! It will become glorified Go-Karting!

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:09 PM   #253
|Nuno|
Regular User

Friesacher set to lose Minardi seat

Patrick Freisacher looks set to be replaced at next weekend's German Grand Prix because due sponsorship money has not been paid to Minardi, as F1Racing.net exclusively reported a week ago.

Minardi boss Paul Stoddart has since gone on the record and confirmed the situation. Dutchman Robert Doornbos is the favourite to replace Friesacher. Doornbos told F1Racing.net that he had signed a contract of intent with Minardi in preparation.

Zsolt Baumgartner is the other driver mentioned - he drove for Minardi last year and scored one point.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=92931
Old 07-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #254
jenkF1
Regular User

Bring on Cam Artem!!! He'll piss all over Baumgartner

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #255
|Nuno|
Regular User

Red Bull signs up to F1 until 2012

Red Bull Racing has become the second team to commit to Formula One after the current Concorde Agrement expires at the end of the 2007 season. Ferrari is the other team, and Red Bull will use the Italian team's engines next year.

The team announced on Monday afternoon they had signed up with Formula One Administration to stay in F1 from 2008 until 2012.

"Red Bull Racing confidms that it has reached an understanding with FOA to prolong the current Concorde Agreement from 2008 until 2012," the team announced.

Red Bull entered F1 this year after several years looking at suitable opportunities. It ended up buying Jaguar Racing from Ford.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=93013