Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

View Poll Results: Which 'Ring' is better?
Gran Turismo 4 26 78.79%
Forza Motorsport 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2005, 08:48 AM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou
Forza is alot better and alot less forgiving .. u can feel the track so i dont know what most of you are on about.. but seriously .. i can feel the bumps and groves and so much more.. and that changes when i change my suspension settings and what so ever...

its pretty realistic if u ask me and the side track information is awsome ... have a look on the racesim forum site.. there is a comparsion between the 2 using the laguna seca track.. forza looks alot better. and feels it also

Pok
Got to disagree, the Forza 'ring i game like when compared to the torturous GT4 'ring.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:44 AM   #17
Pokiou
Regular User

the ring in gt4 is also alot wider and has its own flaws and one major one is that its over exaggerated but then again its each man to him self on a topic like this ... but what ill do is .. ill record my self going around the ring in a r34 gtr Mines spec car tuned to 700+ and post it up ... you guys can download it and see for your selves .. and some1 do that for the gt4 map..

ill try and get this as best as quality as i can .. but dont get angry if its not perfect quality as its only a old tv tuner and not digital ...

Pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:40 AM   #18
Daggernite
Regular User

Well this topic has made me very curious indeed. Forza comes out tomoz in the UK, and I cant wait to get my hands on it. Pokiou a vid of the ring would be great if you would, I'll do a vid of GT4 if its needed.

also I'll vote once I decide which is better
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:41 AM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou
the ring in gt4 is also alot wider and has its own flaws and one major one is that its over exaggerated
Based on what information? Onboard real life Nurburgring videos show the track to be a anything but smooth.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #20
Daggernite
Regular User

You'll never know 100% untill you go drive on the ring yourself. But I checked the BMI july DVD where gan san takes a Spec C around the ring, and I got to say I'm impressed at how accurate the GT4 Nurburgring is. I knew every corner and elevation. I can't see how you can improve on it in regards to accuracy.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:12 PM   #21
sheruken
Regular User

Dayem, I came in here hoping, there'd be some videos or screen-cap comparison. I am 100% complete in GT4, so at the moment even the real ring (in videos) seems unreal to me after playing the 24h and M34 in Driving Mission laps over and over again.
I just hope that forza lives upto the expectations, my copy of forza is coming with my cousin who'll be in India in a few days. Till then I've stopped playing GT4, so I dont end up comparing both the games and spoil the fun. I really want to enjoy Forza as much as I've enjoyed GT4, thats why I ordered it only after I really sucked up all the possibilites in GT4.
Also, a question for SFDMALEX, has GTR released in USA? I heard its out in UK, with all the latest updates, even the 24h Spa package, but am not sure if I have any one coming from UK who can bring me that, but if its available in USA then my cousin can gett that too...
Le me know!!!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 06:42 AM   #22
Pokiou
Regular User

ok i got my capture card today and ill be doing a lap in the gtr tonite and putting it up .. other then that ... the accuracy of this track cant be compared as non of us have been on that track .... and the bumps and slopes on the game cant be comapred to real life, as game controllers and steering wheels are alittle diff .

now there was a video test of a track and a real footage track between a real driver and simulator driver.. seems the simulator is quick buy 1 second due to the NO fear factor and as u watch them go around the track its pretty much looks excatly the same .. as if there copy and pasted the game track from the real thing .. the road detail and stuff look so much the same.. where there is a mark on the road and so on ..

I like both games as much as i like my sex !!! but like i said previously
each to there own.

Pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #23
sheruken
Regular User

Nice way to put it, Pokiou.
All though I've seen that side by side video of the "Yellow Bird (real life) and the Beemer 1 (GT4 Demo)" by Amar212 from GTPlanet.net and trust me I had no words to describe the comparison. All though I am sure Forza would be as awesome if not better, but I will only confirm that once I see it myself.

Allthough I have played the GTR version of Nordschliefe, and trust me it wasnt good. It just was NOT good, agreed it was fan based and the track came from GPL (i believe).. But it was horrible.. (no offence to the person who made it)..

But If you're posting the FORZA footage of the Ring, then bring it on!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Exactly what part of the GTR/GPL ring is aweful? You talking about The Mother?

Forza'Ring is so far out of whack it is laughable - you can run up the back to the Karusel flat out without ever letting off the throttle - thats about a minute of 100% thottle on a part of the Ring that has no straights.

It is an ARCADE rendition of the track.

Period.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #25
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Exactly what part of the GTR/GPL ring is aweful? You talking about The Mother?
Well you cant compare it to the GT4 ring in any shape or form thats for sure...

But the good thing is someone is working on a new one from scratch.

But I have to say, GTR, The Mother(24 hour, night version), Viper, speakers cranked up, lights off, shakers turned all the way up....tottal imersion.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:29 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

The Mother and all the other GPL based North Loop tracks are not that bad, as they convey the hellish drive that the track is.

The Forza and PGR2 versions are just for kids to drive fast on...

BTW - did you see the F50GT model I offered up to the GTR community to use a base for an add-on car?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:41 PM   #27
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
BTW - did you see the F50GT model I offered up to the GTR community to use a base for an add-on car?
*goes to rsc to check*
Old 06-01-2005, 09:46 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

Here ya go...

Old 06-01-2005, 09:49 PM   #29
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Hmmm...Were can we get any decent data for the physics?.....
Old 06-01-2005, 09:51 PM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Data schmata.. -- just make it a really, really fast F40.. Afterall the way the F50GT has been smashed and crashed each time it hits the track, it is obviosly either brutally fast - or a really bad handler..