Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 07-20-2004, 12:55 AM   #16
RAMAN
Regular User

Oh man, Nissan really fucked the GT-R over if that's anything near production look. Very disappointing.
RAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:10 AM   #17
ae86_16v
Regular User

Wow that is pretty ugly. The R34 looked good, I hope they seriously reconsider this one before releasing.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:13 AM   #18
spicymustard
Regular User

Well of corse it has to look like the 350z. The skyline has been out for several years in japan. In the US its called the g35 coupe. The Skyline GTR is what we have here which i have always imagined would look similar to the Skyline (duh) I too have read these rumors about the 400hp but i dont see how that is posible as the japanese limit hp to 285. Personally i really dont care what it looks like if it is at all faster than the r34 GTR i will have to like it.
spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:31 AM   #19
gottacatchup
Regular User

I'd say this version looks alot better. Much more of the R34 in the rear with a touch of 350z/G35 up front.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:22 AM   #20
philios55
Regular User

I've never seen that before,but if that its going be the basis for the new Skyline then its a shame!
philios55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:16 AM   #21
aks
Regular User

that's so much better than the one posted by oldsnail. hopefully none of these are the actual design, because i don't think anybody would be caught dead in the first one, and the headlights of the second one just don't seem skyliney enough (you know; sporty, masculine, etc.)

time to pray for nissan

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:47 PM   #22
Evo
Regular User

dose not look like a Skyline at all.. I like the shape.. But I hate it also.. I mean it dose not look like any of the privious onces.. It have to be an Evolution thing.. not a completely new car.. They should have worked with the R34 and made it better like what they did before when transforming the amazing R32 in to the R33 and so on.. This Sucks..
Old 07-20-2004, 11:37 PM   #23
oantob
Regular User

I agree with EVO the new generation skyline GT-R should resembles the old skyliners... because the R30, R32, R33, and the R34 share the same design.... because skyline is a legend from time to time, so the evolution of the car must be obvious... maybe nissan motor corp. read all our post and they should redesign the new nissan skyline GT-R... :roll:
Old 07-21-2004, 02:19 PM   #24
possessed_beaver
Regular User

personaly i don't rely mind it

ofcorse it has nothong on the other reat godzilla's but it has something that aint that bad about it.

i will wait for the "official" pictures thoe.

because this isen't the first pic claming to be the new nissan skyline.
and i dont think it will be the last.
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:39 AM   #25
Josh
Regular User

What have they done to the Skyline
Skylines are meant for the streets, there meant to go fast
This skyline looks like a car that wants to go slow to show off how good it looks
I could neva see one of those with a huge spoiler a body kit to match and a blue neon system
Old 07-24-2004, 07:57 PM   #26
IgotWRXed
Regular User

well the car is also rumored to come in around 90k so i think they are going for a different demograph than the ones who are current Skyline lovers, the regular import freaks.

IgotWRXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:33 PM   #27
rachaderua

the best skylines made ever are the R32, R33 and R34...no more is greater or beautier...

"My paradise is not a warm beach, but an empty racetrack."
rachaderua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:37 PM   #28
HeilSvenska
Regular User

at least it looks interesting
Old 07-27-2004, 12:30 AM   #29
tifneedle208
Regular User

Man I love that thing.
VIVA LA EVO!
tifneedle208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:25 AM   #30
Caplax40
Regular User

If the author of this thread actually put the full article in his post it would have read...

"Lotus is once again in the US sports-car limielight thanks to the introduction of the Elise. What's next fo the small car company based in Hethel, England? The Esprit replacement? Yes, but before that, we discovered that the company is busy with the upcoming Nissan supercar, the GT-R. Sources told us that Lotus has been hired to fine-tune the car's handling, which includes developing the suspension and steering. The prototype car, which wears an Infinity G35 Coupe shell, has been spotted numberous times around Hethel this past year.
Nissan has also outsourced the development of the GT-R's engine to Cosworth, the noted race-engine builder. We hear Cosworth is massaging Nissan's VQ powerplant to produce about 450bhp. Early reports suggest that the 6-cylinder engine will be turbocharged. So what do we make of all this? Well, it confirms that Nissan is serious about the next GT-R, due to hit showrooms around the world in 2007, and is seeking the help of outside experts to produce what may be the ultimate grand tourer. When the GT-R, which may possible wear and Infinity badge, arrives, drivers of cars sucha as the BMW M5 had better keep an eye out. -Sam Mitani

That straight from the current issue of Road and Track (August 2004, page 54) and has been copied word for word by yours truly.

So fear not fellow fans of the Skyline, I'm sure that shell is just for development purposes.
Caplax40 is offline   Reply With Quote