Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 AM   #16
TT
Regular User

Fucking annoying when somebody runs after hitting you I am sorry to hear this dude!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #17
saadie
Regular User

sorry to hear about this ....
and yeh ... insurance is crap and shit .. mixed togather
Old 08-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #18
draak666
Regular User

It's a damn shame to see another 325i disappear of the streets. Can it not be fixed?

Good to know you're alright. I hope something bad happens to this other guy.

It's surprising to see how many motorists drive around uninsured. That woul be ok if they just paid their damage, but as you see, they just take off. Assholes.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #19
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Damn sucks man! I would be really pissed. Anyways at least it didnt damage the gas tank..I hope.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Originally Posted by bmuller
damn man that fucking blows Just another point on how much of a crock of shit insurance is

My dad is an insurance agent... :roll:
if you're expecting an apology, you may as well keep holding your breath.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #21
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Can it not be fixed
unfortunately, the value of an E30 isn't high enough to warrant fixing that one. Being Unibody Construction, damage like that has tweaked the frame, undoubtedly. Very costly to repair.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #22
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Damn sucks man! I would be really pissed. Anyways at least it didnt damage the gas tank..I hope.
Yeah lucky it was on the left side as opposed to the right side w/ the gas tank filler.

Can it not be fixed
unfortunately, the value of an E30 isn't high enough to warrant fixing that one. Being Unibody Construction, damage like that has tweaked the frame, undoubtedly. Very costly to repair.
Yeah, exactly. I think my car w/ 150,000 miles is probably Blue Book valued at $2000 US or so. So it is not that much. But I am just pissed off that I am out $2000 and it wasn't even my fault.

Originally Posted by insane
Shit. It's bad enough he hit you, but driving away is fucked up. I'm guessing he was probably drunk or didn't have insurance.

In regards to the other driver, most definitely either he was under the influence or doesn't have insurnace/license. Or else why would he just take off like that? Apparently that was not obvious to my adjuster and it clearly states in the policy that for "Uninsured Motorist" coverage, the other driver must be identified.

Ass-out.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:41 PM   #23
Pimp Racer
Regular User

What was the other guy driving? Did ya get a good look? Go to the local body repair shop and ask round if anyone seen this guy and if they have shit hunt his ass down and :snipersmile:
Old 08-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #24
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Yeah lucky it was on the left side as opposed to the right side w/ the gas tank filler.

Can it not be fixed
Yeah, exactly. I think my car w/ 150,000 miles is probably Blue Book valued at $2000 US or so. So it is not that much. But I am just pissed off that I am out $2000 and it wasn't even my fault.

Originally Posted by insane
Shit. It's bad enough he hit you, but driving away is fucked up. I'm guessing he was probably drunk or didn't have insurance.

In regards to the other driver, most definitely either he was under the influence or doesn't have insurnace/license. Or else why would he just take off like that? Apparently that was not obvious to my adjuster and it clearly states in the policy that for "Uninsured Motorist" coverage, the other driver must be identified.

Ass-out.
I would put up signs at that on ramp asking anyone with info to come forward. Take out an ad in the paper. This isn't something you should just let go.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:37 AM   #25
Mattk
Regular User

What was the other guy driving? Did ya get a good look? Go to the local body repair shop and ask round if anyone seen this guy and if they have shit hunt his ass down and :snipersmile:
Thumping the guy isn't going to provide compensation.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

trying to find one car in millions might prove dificult

hope things end well, man
Old 08-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #27
acmarttin
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

^^^^
Agreed.

It might just be time to count your lucky stars that you're alright and use this unfortunate event as one of life's lessons. Hit and runs happen every day - it has happened to me in fact. The sad truth is that the police have better things to do than track down the guy or gal who hit you. So my advice is to dust off and smile because nothing worse happened to you. And you never know, the idiot who did this is probably stupid enough to hit someone else or get in more trouble somehow and he might be identified as the guy who hit you too.

Good luck, man!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #28
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by acmarttin
Originally Posted by nthfinity

^^^^
Agreed.

It might just be time to count your lucky stars that you're alright and use this unfortunate event as one of life's lessons. Hit and runs happen every day - it has happened to me in fact. The sad truth is that the police have better things to do than track down the guy or gal who hit you. So my advice is to dust off and smile because nothing worse happened to you. And you never know, the idiot who did this is probably stupid enough to hit someone else or get in more trouble somehow and he might be identified as the guy who hit you too.

Good luck, man!

^^ Disagree.

You know the area he's from, you know the make and era. You know it's a Prelude (flip up lights) and all you have to do is single out the red one with damage to the right front. Offer a reward for info leading to the car and i asure you, people will be calling about it.

You don't do fight crime by saying "no harm no foul". Especially when it costs you 2 grand

Old 08-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #29
Mattk
Regular User

Offer a reward for info leading to the car and i asure you, people will be calling about it.
Especially when it costs you 2 grand
So he can pay $2000, or, offer a reward, spend lots of time following up leads, pay the reward when the time comes, take the dude to court, wait a few years, and get some compo. Does it add up? As much as I'd love to see the bloke who hit you be forced to cough up, I'd question whether it's worth it.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #30
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
Offer a reward for info leading to the car and i asure you, people will be calling about it.
Especially when it costs you 2 grand
So he can pay $2000, or, offer a reward, spend lots of time following up leads, pay the reward when the time comes, take the dude to court, wait a few years, and get some compo. Does it add up? As much as I'd love to see the bloke who hit you be forced to cough up, I'd question whether it's worth it.
1) The only person allowed to troll threads for arguments is RC. I don't think there is one thread here in which you haven't tried to argue.

2) As it stands he lost 2 grand in the value of his car because of how the bullshit insurance company won't pay if they can't ID the driver and go after him to recoup their losses.

Lets say he offers a $500 reward for info leading to the car. He gets a call saying the car is sitting in a parking lot at an apartment not far from the on ramp where the wreck occurs. He goes and confirms it's the car, gets the license plate and VIN, pays the informant and calls the police and insurance company with the info.

The car has been ID'd, the police have been notified, and he can get his check for the car from the insurance company. Therefore he is only out 500 bucks once its over.

since the cops probably won't follow up on it, he's going to have to do the footwork. Obviously this kind of thing wouldn't be as important to you as it may be to him, so why don't you stop encouraging him, and other people who get put in this situation everyday, to just take it up the ass.

Pushovers like you make me sick.