Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

View Poll Results: Do you believe in god?
Yes 43 52.44%
No 39 47.56%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2006, 05:54 PM   #16
TopGearNL
Regular User

I believe there is something...
Old 10-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #17
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

see.. already very interesting results..
I'm not here to say you should\shouldn't believe, i think if some has faith great for him, but don't judge others by your believes or try to force anyone to anything..
I think each and every person has the right to live his life as he see fit, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else's rights..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:37 PM   #18
melahrinaki
Regular User

There are alot of things happening in this period of time on earth, but two in particular which cannot be ignored. Good and evil, both powerful. The evil are being summonsed to identify themselves through the personal markings, the tatoos, nose rings, belly rings, all types of piercings! The good don't want these and loath them at all costs! Just think a bit about this statement and you'll reasise the most obvious secret that is right in front of your eyes. The Devil's greateast trick is deception, he wants you to think that he dosen't exist, he wants you to think that God dosen't exsist either cause when that happens guess what? You fall straight into his own hands and we all know what he wants is your souls!
The Devil will also come to people who he thinks have got what it takes to influence the public and convert the naive. He wants your souls! There are alot of very powerful people who know all this and have done the deal. They won't tell you this cause they want you to think they've accomplished it themselves. Sell your soul and he makes you hit the top of your profession! Have you ever wondered how it is that in life being so hard, some people seem to reach these unbelievable and unatainable heights without explanation and have Bugatti's and Ferrari's and others nothing? But obviously not all rich and influential people are bad because there are alot that have money but follow God's way!
But both sides have power! And God's is the strongest!
melahrinaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:06 PM   #19
racer_f50
Regular User

Originally Posted by melahrinaki
The evil are being summonsed to identify themselves through the personal markings, the tatoos, nose rings, belly rings, all types of piercings! The good don't want these and loath them at all costs!
Dude, it's great that you believe in god and all, but that is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard! Honestly, if you believe that I feel sorry for you.

I've got 3 tattoos and nipple piercings, so that makes me evil? I live my life more purely than 99% of people who use religion as their lifestyle. No drinking, smoking, violence, etc in my life. I live to my own high standards and values, and they include freedom to do whatever the fuck I want to my body.

My tattoo artist is a deeply spiritual & religious person, and no he doesn't' worship Satan :roll:

Do you have any idea of how many hardcore dedicated religious people have tattoos and piercings? Would you really tell them to their face that they're going to hell just because you're convinced what they're doing to their OWN bodies is wrong? Despite their deep faith in God & Jesus and whatever other mythical things they want?

Do you have any fun in life?
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #20
novass
Regular User

There are alot of things happening in this period of time on earth, but two in particular which cannot be ignored. Good and evil, both powerful. The evil are being summonsed to identify themselves through the personal markings, the tatoos, nose rings, belly rings, all types of piercings! The good don't want these and loath them at all costs! Just think a bit about this statement and you'll reasise the most obvious secret that is right in front of your eyes. The Devil's greateast trick is deception, he wants you to think that he dosen't exist, he wants you to think that God dosen't exsist either cause when that happens guess what? You fall straight into his own hands and we all know what he wants is your souls!
Wow...just wow. Its like I just got t-boned by a Mack truck hauling stupidity. You sir, are a fucking moron. Your statement doesnt even make sense. Dont get blinded by the shit smeared into your eyes from the mouths of those that have something to gain by your ignorance. You ever think that the devil may be using his tricks of deception to make you hate others that stand out with tattoos and piercings? Ill bet not, because no one has told you to think that yet you mindless drone. Some religions even use tattoos as part of their worship, are they wrong? And BTW, nice rip off of "The Usual Suspects" with the whole "greatest trick the devil ever pulled..." nonsense. Next time try to be more original, k, thanks.

See, idiots like this form the basis for my problem with organized religion thats why I voted no. I voted no in response to man's definition of God. I do believe their is a higher power, but I dont believe that it has a clear name. There are too many religions with different ideals and man in his inherent wisdom have warped what the original message may have been into something that would benefit him in some way.

I dont like the fact that some religious people get so warped in their beliefs that they believe that anyone with a different belief system is wrong and should go to hell.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #21
acmarttin
Regular User

This poll seemed to pull a few folks out of the woodwork!

Originally Posted by novass
Wow...just wow. Its like I just got t-boned by a Mack truck hauling stupidity. You sir, are a fucking moron.
And thanks for a good laugh
Old 10-27-2006, 10:45 PM   #22
TNT
Regular User

Yeah Nova that was great. But honestly until you can have some real proof not just hear say. then i will fully believe what you say. But saying some one is evil just by the wasy they look is just plain stupid. some of the nicest people are the ones you think will hurt you. look at all the murders and creeps, they are your SUV driving soccer parents that are such lovely people.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #23
Erez
Regular User

Originally Posted by acmarttin
This poll seemed to pull a few folks out of the woodwork!
yeah..
Wow...just wow. Its like I just got t-boned by a Mack truck hauling stupidity. You sir, are a fucking moron.
Originally Posted by acmarttin
And thanks for a good laugh
i'll join you...

Old 10-28-2006, 12:41 AM   #24
gigdy
Regular User

I believe in god when i think about my own mortality. I would much rather believe that god and heaven exsits then when i die i just stop being.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #25
nthfinity
Regular User

Wow...just wow. Its like I just got t-boned by a Mack truck hauling stupidity. You sir, are a fucking moron. Your statement doesnt even make sense. Dont get blinded by the shit smeared into your eyes from the mouths of those that have something to gain by your ignorance. You ever think that the devil may be using his tricks of deception to make you hate others that stand out with tattoos and piercings? Ill bet not, because no one has told you to think that yet you mindless drone. Some religions even use tattoos as part of their worship, are they wrong? And BTW, nice rip off of "The Usual Suspects" with the whole "greatest trick the devil ever pulled..." nonsense. Next time try to be more original, k, thanks.

See, idiots like this form the basis for my problem with organized religion thats why I voted no. I voted no in response to man's definition of God. I do believe their is a higher power, but I dont believe that it has a clear name. There are too many religions with different ideals and man in his inherent wisdom have warped what the original message may have been into something that would benefit him in some way.

I dont like the fact that some religious people get so warped in their beliefs that they believe that anyone with a different belief system is wrong and should go to hell.
Why jump on this guy? we've had some wierdo beliefes posted; and this one is widely known... so why attack him?
Old 10-28-2006, 01:57 AM   #26
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Why jump on this guy? we've had some wierdo beliefes posted; and this one is widely known... so why attack him?
I may not have seen them and I usually dont get involved with these types of arguments because one side will never see the others sides point of view and you end up going around in circles forever continually pissing the other person off more and more.

The reason I dislike his comment, is that I have dealt with it so much before. My brother is covered with tattoos, full sleeves, back, legs, chest yet he goes to church every sunday. Ive had just about everything pierced at one point or another and my ears still are. I used to go to church all the time when I was 10-16 years old, youth groups and regular mass. I have seen this type of behavior from other people, as has my brother and many of my friends, many times over. Sometimes, even by others in our family. That is why I got as pissed as I did. Dont get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against religion and if it helps you at the end of the day, then more power to you. I just get fed up with people passing judgement upon myself, my friends and my family without knowing so much as our name.

I get your point and yes, this is nothing new, but niether is piercing or tattoos. Maybe I went a little overboard, buts thats how I feel towards the subject. Beliefs like this are what turned me off major religions long ago. There is no justifaction, no proof to these types of "facts" and yet, it is overwhelmingly believed to be the gospel by so many with no real reason other than thats what they were told. IMO its this type of finger pointing, blame placing, greed inspired we have to battle the newest trend to stay popular with today's youth ideals that destroyed any validity religion could have had thousands of years ago.

Like I said before, I do believe that a higher power exists, but I believe it is the inventions of man's imagination that has sullied the reputation of said higher power.

Besides, if tattoos and piercings were truly the work of the devil, its looks like his army is growing ever stronger
Life magazine estimated in 1936 that 10 million Americans, or approximately 6% of the population had at least one tattoo.
A 2006 a study done by the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology found that 24% of Americans between 18 and 50 are tattooed; that's almost one in four. And the survey showed that about 36% of Americans age 18 to 29 have at least one tattoo!

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:19 AM   #27
rossc83
Regular User

Karl Marx got it right

"Religion is the opiate of the people"

In my opinion pre-historic man invented religion to explain the things he could not understand and the human race has suffered from this delusion ever since.

As for fighting wars over religion, its like my imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:27 AM   #28
Erez
Regular User

Originally Posted by rossc83
its like my imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend.
great way to put it..

Old 10-28-2006, 04:57 AM   #29
blinkmeat
Regular User

Do you believe in god?
Yes
50%
50% [ 25 ]
No
50%
50% [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 50

Interesting results - For me it can neither be proven or unproven so I'm also 50/50
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:15 AM   #30
nthfinity
Regular User

novass

I understand that his feelings are extreme, Tattoos are far from the devils work, as piercings aren't either. But, it is just as offensive as somebody saying that I must be stupid to have relegion to begin with.

in this day of so called tollerance by 'progressives'.... i dono, i'll just say that i'm not surprised.

why do I have it... well, some years ago there was a very personal experience and there is no turning back. That makes no opiate for me, that makes no pushing my beliefes on you.

To me, the responce towared this n00b would be more appropriate to ask about the power of forgiveness if a tatoo bound man/woman with piercings are in the church, or convert.

challenge his beliefes within the confines of his beliefes; but to tell him he must be dumb for having faith is not tollerance.