Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Firdosh7747
yeh but its a volkswagon it not bad its just a volkswagon
Thats the point.

You shoudl be buying a car for you. not others.

It is just a Volkswagen.. the same way a diamond is just carbon
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #17
Firdosh7747
Regular User

True True

02 Honda CBR 954 RR
Firdosh7747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Firdosh7747
Very nice ad!

Too bad the Phaeton didn't had the success it deserved. May be that's because most of the people is like me, and would buy the Audi A8 instead
yeh i have to agree with you. I mean say you're at a party and you'r talking bout what car your driving one fellow says o i have a 07 sclass another person says he has a a8 .. 750li ...ls460.ect. and you say i have a volkswagon phateon.. Dont get me wrong its a great car but front the leading names like audi mercedes and bmw it doesnt match up.
Actually, it would be quite the opposite - when you drop $100K on a VW, you really don't need to brag about your money and "stuff" - you are the epitomy of understated elegance.

The problem is that most people who buy these cars are wanna be celebs and like to flaunt their wealth and "stuff' - and for them the self-indulgent sel-promotion of "I drive a BMW 760iL" is what they need to feel good - when the Phaeton does the same things maybe better than the 760iL or the S600 - maybe even costs a little less and does it without fanfare.
That's true. but with those cars you also want distinction and why not... a little bit of show-off. If you only wanted a roomy leather interior, you would've bought a VW Transporter V6 4Motion Highline
So you are agreeing then that the primary BMW 7 seris and S class cusotmer is a poser and showoff?

What happened to the quiet dignity of luxury and understated elegance?

The truly wealthy and powerful don't need a "flashy big yuppie BMW" to proclaim their status of "biggest dick in the henhouse"

Then again, Europe has been flooded with "new money" form old eastern Europe for the last 20 years and all those corrupt wealthy Russians and Slavs and Serbs etc are into flash gawdy gold and bling and crap.

When you pull up to the "party" in a Phaeton.. you are the party simply because you didn't need to announce your flashy entrance to get noticed...

Many people don't get the Phaeton - and if I had the money thats the luxury saloon I would buy. It is hand-crafted perfection - no need for flashy mass-produced yeehaw 7 series or S classes or even A8s

I mean, until the Germans stole Rolls Royce, it was all about understated elegance and luxury, not in-your-face bling... hehe

There is a lot to be said for quiet dignity and the stiff upper-lip and all that you know.. Please pass me the Grey Poupon...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:51 AM   #19
Neema702
Regular User

i dont understand why, for at damn near 100K or more, BMW, MB, and VW/Audi cant build a best in class car as far as overall build quality goes. I mean shit! my audi is driving me insane, and every friend i have that owns a car from those 3 auto makers pretty much says the same, even the 750/S550/A8 owners. MB used to have what it took to compete against lexus, but not anymore.
Neema702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #20
acmarttin
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I mean, until the Germans stole Rolls Royce, it was all about understated elegance and luxury, not in-your-face bling... hehe
The latest S500, in silver - is not in-your-face-bling at all IMO.

It's rather boring actually......
Good thing you said "in silver" because that car in black looks great in my opinion.