Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 08-18-2004, 11:24 PM   #16
blah
Regular User

i thougth they made it to make one bitching commercial. Which they also use a spinoff to sell the F150, and im sure the new mustang will go with the slogan. not to mention the Ford GT trys to show a more quality reliable side of ford.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:30 PM   #17
sameerrao
Regular User

Yep its one of the ultimate halo vehicle for Ford unlike the Jaguar F1 car

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 01:03 PM   #18
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by gottacatchup
^^^Another reason Ford needs a 40k-50k purpose built sports car^^^
I think that may be the purpose of the GT, IMO. Testing the waters, so to speak. I remember when Ford was considering putting the GT-90 in limited production and the Ford execs said that people may have a hard time buying an exotic car with a Blue Oval on the front. With the GT evoking such passion from it's graceful lines that hark en back to the beautiful GT-40, maybe a two seater in that price range with the appropriate performance ( Unlike the current T-Bird, which is roughly in that price range) BTW, I read that Ford is building the GT till 2006. In 2007 , new crash standards prevent it from being built unless it was modified.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote