Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Skaala
^well, I remember seeing a ferrari 360 that had been on the highway on an open trailer in texas when a sandstorm hit, it was almost perfectly stripped of paint
That sounds more like a private driver towing their car on an open trailer.. but more importantly sounds like and urban legend type story - do you have any links to this "story"?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #17
saadie
Regular User

haha nice ....

that trailer isnt as fancy as this one

8) 8) 8)
Old 09-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #18
Pokiou
Regular User

jesus i would drive every1 of them back. Fly to the location, drive one back, fly back to the location and drive another back ... I don't get the point of having a exotic car and not clocking the km's on them. Its like having money and not spending it .. stupid if you ask me.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #19
Skaala
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
^well, I remember seeing a ferrari 360 that had been on the highway on an open trailer in texas when a sandstorm hit, it was almost perfectly stripped of paint
That sounds more like a private driver towing their car on an open trailer.. but more importantly sounds like and urban legend type story - do you have any links to this "story"?
it was one of the guys doing the gumball from sf to miami. i think he tells the story on the dvd, remember I saw some pics after the rally
Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #20
Mattk
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou
jesus i would drive every1 of them back. Fly to the location, drive one back, fly back to the location and drive another back ... I don't get the point of having a exotic car and not clocking the km's on them. Its like having money and not spending it .. stupid if you ask me.
Perhaps he wanted them all at once and had other things to do in the meantime? Exotic cars are not the sole preserve of the leisurely rich.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:07 AM   #21
DI48LO
Regular User

Other than the bullcrap about "hiding American cars" being just that bullcrap - as there are many thousands of cars of the calibre represented in the opening post carried in enclosed trailors in the US..

BTW the transporter is not "right" - just cheap.

I am pretty sure every one of you cocksuckers would have a lot to say if your Enzo came home driving on an open transporter with paint chips and dinged windshoelds from road debirs.

That was the point - these are not "dealer delivery Golfs and Jettas" being transported... but no doubt the magazine/TV station/test organizer was too fucking cheap to spring for a decent enclosed trailer.
1. Let me not talk about how fool americans are. You think you are the smartest people on earth.

2. What's the difference between an Enzo and a Jetta? You would get pissed eaven if you get your Jetta with scratces/chips, it doesnt' have to be an Enzo.

3. Maybe roads in western europe are much cleaner than in the US, and we don't have sandstorms that often

4. I prefer hairy woman over bald (i.e. Britney)
DI48LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #22
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by saadie
haha nice ....

that trailer isnt as fancy as this one

8) 8) 8)
Thats the one who went to Norway last year I think.....
nope, he dropped the cars in Zürich(CH)

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #23
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by DI48LO
Other than the bullcrap about "hiding American cars" being just that bullcrap - as there are many thousands of cars of the calibre represented in the opening post carried in enclosed trailors in the US..

BTW the transporter is not "right" - just cheap.

I am pretty sure every one of you cocksuckers would have a lot to say if your Enzo came home driving on an open transporter with paint chips and dinged windshoelds from road debirs.

That was the point - these are not "dealer delivery Golfs and Jettas" being transported... but no doubt the magazine/TV station/test organizer was too fucking cheap to spring for a decent enclosed trailer.
1. Let me not talk about how fool americans are. You think you are the smartest people on earth.
Really? You obviously have no idea that "Americans" are all immigrants.. the majority from European decent - some of us ar efirst generaiton inmmigrants - BTW were are you from? Some shitstain country that would probably have been speaking Nazi at this time if it wasnt for US money and industry that saved your stupid lazy arses twin in 10 years.

Or wait - maybe you are from some shrivelled up economy that grew upin the shadow of communism while being protected from SOviet annihilaiton by US military presence for last half of the previous centuary.

[
2. What's the difference between an Enzo and a Jetta? You would get pissed eaven if you get your Jetta with scratces/chips, it doesnt' have to be an Enzo.
:roll: Sure - you would be more pissed about your 1l diesel piece of shit Jetta being scratched rather than your Enzo.. oh wait - you dont have an Enzo so youwouldnt know.

[
3. Maybe roads in western europe are much cleaner than in the US, and we don't have sandstorms that often
Sure - thats because you spend trillions each year improving your roads.. :roll: - oh wait, "sand storms" are an everyday occurance all across the US.. I mean its one big fucking desert.. :roll:

[
4. I prefer hairy woman over bald (i.e. Britney)
One has to wonder if you have been near a woman
Old 09-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #24
RC45
Regular User

it was one of the guys doing the gumball from sf to miami. i think he tells the story on the dvd, remember I saw some pics after the rally
I think I recall a similar Gumball story - except it was while driving the car without front bumper protection and the "sand" removed the paint from the nose of the car.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #25
DI48LO
Regular User

I apologise for my last post
Old 09-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Well that's no fun if you are not gonna have a feisty come back...
Old 09-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #27
5vz-fe
Regular User

Smart move dude but I am abit disappointed as well for I already get my popcorn ready
Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #28
DI48LO
Regular User

We shouldn`t argue with each other for fun :idea: This is not the right place for that.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #29
nthfinity
Regular User

Sorry... but being I work in and around the greatest cars in the world... NEVER will we even have a 1970's Cougar gets FAR better care and treatment then those super-exotics on an open trailer.

Dirt, Dust, road grime, debris.... people following and finding out where those cars are going... no protection while at road stops... Just doesn't make ANY sense... hence why only high production new cars get the open hauler treatment here. Even the Ferrari dealer takes dealer delivery of their cars fully enclosed for good reason.

Sorry, but I don't care what you have to say about it being better in an open trailer... it just IS NOT.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #30
DI48LO
Regular User

I remember when I saw a train carrying Audis and many others (100s and 1000s of cars are arriving to that station every week). 30-40 Audi A6s and A8s had all their windows scratched hard by some lunatics. :shock:

As for enclosed trailers... I saw a `60 or `70 Jaguar at a Classics show that had bumps on it's roof and hood. The owner said, something falled on it during transportation. It had original paint... OUCH