Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 08-20-2004, 09:40 PM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well I would like to see some pictures but I can believe it. The car does have the power and aero package to go that fast. If you dissable the rear wing that pops up after what is it> 80kph then you can certanly gain 6mph on the 289 it already did at the gumbal
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:36 PM   #17
Regular User

Didn't a yellow Enzo in the Gumball video (extreme sport episode5) did 228 MPH?
Old 08-20-2004, 10:48 PM   #18
budagboy2
Regular User

i know how it went that fast, a mclaren f1 was towing it
budagboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 11:02 PM   #19
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by HoboPie
The Nardo test was 221mph I believe, but it was at Nardo where the actual top speed is usually about 5 mph faster than what it achieved because of the banking.

That puts it at about 225, 226mph. There is also an actual picture of the Enzo's computer from a car that did 366km/h at the gumball. That is the one that raced Lonman's GT2 and that puts it at about 228mph.

There are many posts on it at Ferrarichat and that is certainly a legitimate claim.
I'm a member of FChat, and I can tell you, just because it was posted there does not mean it is true...of course there are tons of real Ferrari owners on that site, but there are also some people who like to strech the truth a bit. I'm not trying to say that ChalStrad is a liar, but he wasn't even directly involved in the speed, so how can you be sure.

quoting him:
Originally Posted by ChalStrad
In terms of top speed for an Enzo, a friend of mine has managed 377km/h (235 mph) in his on a public road. This speed was downloaded off the car's computer by a Ferrari technician, which is a real actual speed. The owner said that the speedo registered 385 km/h at the time and was on the red line.....
I mean...that friend could have really been a friend of a friend of a friend and in the process of the story reaching him it could have been exaggerated a good bit.

I just find it very hard to believe an Enzo could manage that speed...

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:05 AM   #20
HoboPie
Regular User

Yep, I know, I just thought it was worth mentioning. Bullshit will show up on any forum, but I'm guessing there is a noticably lower amount of it on ferrarichat compared to something like fastcarforum.net

I think I remember a post where Chalstrad said he actually owned a Strad? Any idea if he actually does? If so his post has a little more credit, but I admit even then it is still secondhand information(at least).

As for the Enzo actually doing it, the Nardo test would have put the Enzo around 225mph corrected. The gumball one which was from the computer(what makes that so accepted?) put it at about 228. I know at that level 7 mph is pretty big thing, but if it was fully worked in, or the guy removed the spoiler it isn't that crazy.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:46 PM   #21
Paco
Regular User

Hmmm, I don't understand what all the fuss is about its top speed.
This car is supposed to be a "F1 car for the road" so top speed is not the most important I guess. Handling is where this car should excel, on a track that is.

There are several cars (tuned or not) that will pass it on a long stretch, it should be about superior handling and technology. It's not a bleedin' dragster.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:56 PM   #22
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by HoboPie
Yep, I know, I just thought it was worth mentioning. Bullshit will show up on any forum, but I'm guessing there is a noticably lower amount of it on ferrarichat compared to something like fastcarforum.net

I think I remember a post where Chalstrad said he actually owned a Strad? Any idea if he actually does? If so his post has a little more credit, but I admit even then it is still secondhand information(at least).

As for the Enzo actually doing it, the Nardo test would have put the Enzo around 225mph corrected. The gumball one which was from the computer(what makes that so accepted?) put it at about 228. I know at that level 7 mph is pretty big thing, but if it was fully worked in, or the guy removed the spoiler it isn't that crazy.
I believe he does own a Stradale...so yes a bit more creditability than the teenage jokers who just own a bicycle . Still, the account is at least second hand...

Originally Posted by Paco
Hmmm, I don't understand what all the fuss is about its top speed.
This car is supposed to be a "F1 car for the road" so top speed is not the most important I guess. Handling is where this car should excel, on a track that is.

There are several cars (tuned or not) that will pass it on a long stretch, it should be about superior handling and technology. It's not a bleedin' dragster.
You are quite right...but this is a forum, and the Ferrari section at that, so if there is anywhere that something slightly meaningless like topspeed is going to be discussed, this is the place .

------------
Old 08-21-2004, 06:13 PM   #23
Paco
Regular User

Sentra dude said:
You are quite right...but this is a forum, and the Ferrari section at that, so if there is anywhere that something slightly meaningless like topspeed is going to be discussed, this is the place.
You serious?! Ferrari is to be loved for its pedigree and combination of speed, handling and (F1) technology. Otherwise you could also be discussing the top speed of a souped-up Corvette with nitrous...

Then I underestimated this section, not?
Old 08-21-2004, 06:25 PM   #24
sentra_dude

------------
Old 08-23-2004, 03:53 PM   #25
HoboPie
Regular User

As meaningless as top speed is, Ferrari has been just as involved with it as any other company. The F40 was a trump on the 959 and the 612 was taken back and redesigned a little just to get a couple miles an hour to beat the Bentley Continental GT.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:06 PM   #26
gucom
Regular User

. If you dissable the rear wing that pops up after what is it> 80kph then you can certanly gain 6mph on the 289 it already did at the gumbal
guess what: at 300kph the spoiler retracts again