Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-07-2003, 12:25 PM   #16
TT
Regular User

As many others, it takes now 5 min to check RF daily.. while I'm in JW all the time LOL
Old 08-07-2003, 01:05 PM   #17
jon_s
Regular User

I got involved in the Euro/USA debate, was interestng to start with, now it is just annoying.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 01:23 PM   #18
Jabba
Regular User

I just checked it out and now wish I hadnt...I see what you mean...some of it is too laughable for words....(especialy the elise not being a good drivers car against the yellow thing)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 02:44 PM   #19
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
As many others, it takes now 5 min to check RF daily.. while I'm in JW all the time LOL
Same here! LOL

Krazy sent me a PM for some vids over at RF. He seemed fine in the PM, I guess it's a show for the members.I guess he decided he needs to be more sensible to get more done a a moderator. Wasn't there something wrong with his kidneys, that can make you go wierd. Maybe his health is in question?
I do like the place, but it's so boring over there. I go to the forums and I check like three different threads and leave. It's not entirely because there isn't anything to read, but it's very slow for some reason.
RF.com was fun, but the forums are full of dipshits and most of the posts are boring to read, so I usually don't bother.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:55 PM   #20
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by TT
Wasn't there something wrong with his kidneys, that can make you go wierd. Maybe his health is in question?
From what I now understand about KH...he can be slighty creative with some of his storys and certainely the truth...

Anyway I am glad he seems to have made a fairly rapid and full recovery now... ....and seems to have sorted out his $5,000 ambulance ride....
Old 08-07-2003, 02:58 PM   #21
666fast
Regular User

I think I know what you mean Jabba. What with all these crazy boats, bikes, swimming with dolphins, the umpteen race cars he built. Seems he has a story for every conversation.

You think he found a job yet?
Wasn't his mom on the brink of death also?
Old 08-07-2003, 03:22 PM   #22
Jabba
Regular User

Well I got completly sucked in by him...and was strung along by how he could help me set up an awesome server that could provide unlimted bandwidth for all you guys to download my videos from....naturally he had to clear the arrears on his internet account and needed to buy some extra stuff to enable him to set it all up at the cost of $500...

feeling slightly sorry for him as well I guess...I decided to send him the $500...(what an idiot I feel now)...after a fairly blunt thank you...he eventualy produced the kitty killers club house (or something like it) although I said I was pleased to see that a start had been made..I suggested the guy that did the JW logo did some work on it as well...

I then received a very nasty PM back in KH style saying that he was doing all the work on it... and that was the best he could do right now...and I had hurt his feelings etc...by asking if someone else could help out...(of course he didnt do any forums as he had also promised...the most imporant feature)

I then decided that he was far too fiery and unpredictable to work with...so I decided to go it alone with some help from DeMon...(who has sadly now moved away where he has no internet access)....

I decided to write off the $500 I gave to KH and bought more server space and JW was born....

KH later joined JW and said he was sorry things didnt work out and he was unable to set up anything as he promised he would....(obvisouly no suggestion of sending any of my money back).... as I just wanted a peaceful life and to concentrate on getting the videos up...I just kinda got on with it...and to show I had no bad feelings towards him I then gave him his own section...and everything seemed to be going quite well until he abruptly left a few weeks ago....

I did however think all his medical problems and bad luck storys was an attempt to get me to send him more cash (I also received a PM form a student on here wanting to send him $100 and start a collection for him)...I know $100 is a great deal of money for a student...I mentioned that I had already helped him out once before and not to send the $100....anyway as I said he seems to have recovered quite nicely now....

Its not very nice to feel you were conned out of your money...but it was my choice and I am the one who has to live with it...I hope someone else can learn by my mistake...and not be so damn stupid...I really should have known better....but sometimes thats what happens when you try to help someone...
Old 08-07-2003, 03:31 PM   #23
TT
Regular User

You don't have to feel dumb for the money you sent him. It to easy to judge now, but back then, I'm sure it seemed to make sense and as you said, the start was pretty good...

I just can't understand how someone can "steal" 500 bucks to someone (and if you own two supercars or a Fiat Panda, is exactly the same IMO...) and then act like if nothing happened... it simply is beyond me...
Old 08-07-2003, 03:38 PM   #24
Jabba
Regular User

I was thinking about sending him the cash before the idea came up of him providing me with a server for the videos on here...so I am just as naive (gullable) as the student was...who wanted to send him his $100....at least I stopped him wasting his money as well...the only good thing I can say that came from all this....
Old 08-07-2003, 04:06 PM   #25
gis
Regular User

TT is right jabba,you shouldnt feel dumb for sendin him the money,eventhough u may have sent 500 bucks for no reason,that on the other hand says to me,and more than likely to everyone on here that your a good guy for even considerin helpin him IF he was in that trouble.

i for one,respect u for that jabba

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:25 PM   #26
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
I just checked it out and now wish I hadnt...I see what you mean...some of it is too laughable for words....(especialy the elise not being a good drivers car against the yellow thing)
lol, yep it is just getting silly-there are some people who have no clue what they are going on about, yet still feel like they know everything. I mean, the bloke who said that power to weight meant nothing! :shock: , anyway, that is all I am going to say on it as I don't want it spreading onto here!

As for KH, well, quite frankly...fuck him. Don't give him the importance in your life to get under your skin. He knew full well what he was doing, he may never have directly asked for money, but he is a sly fox and knew exactly what he wanted. It is no bad reflection on your character.

And for what it is worth, I think that there is a nice group of regular posters on here that appreciate what is being provided. I, as others have, come across the impatient and frankly rude type of person who just demand things from you. Not only are they taking something 'physical' but there is also the invisibal cost of our time.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:37 PM   #27
TT
Regular User

Guys, I think you should check out Badmihai's topic in "off topic" at RF.. till it's there []
Old 08-07-2003, 05:41 PM   #28
jon_s
Regular User

Ooooooo sounds interesting..........on way! 8)
Old 08-07-2003, 05:42 PM   #29
troskap
Regular User

Jabba, dude, you've acted with kindness and courtesy in mind, rather than in lip service. It does get us all burned, once in awhile, but better to hope for the best out of people, rather than the worst. Hell, Jabba, you've done the kindness thing setting up this site for all of us to congregate and share at. That's more than anyone had the right to ask of you, and as I'm sure the majority of us here would agree, we thank you very much for it

As to Racingflix, baaaaah. I couldn't bear to get past the video comments, I can't imagine bothering with the forums very much I just dash on their to check on their stock of vids, then just bail for here

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
40th Anniversary Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica
#812/1500
troskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:50 PM   #30
Jabba
Regular User

[quote="jon_s"]
Originally Posted by Jabba
As for KH, well, quite frankly...fuck him. Don't give him the importance in your life to get under your skin. He knew full well what he was doing, he may never have directly asked for money, but he is a sly fox and knew exactly what he wanted.
To be totally honest with you...it did get to me for a few days...it probably wasnt the money...it was the principal...especialy when I saw that JW was doing ok without him and his "mega server"...(although I know it is still a pain that the vids are only up for a short amount of time)...then I kinda realised what he was all about...and the penny dropped....and I was even more gutted....when I started reading how he has got a professional 21" graphics monitor (the post should still be on here somewhere)....and I am thinking...yeh and I am the "cunt" that paid for it....