Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 04-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #1
e46drew
Regular User

I kinda like that there isn't any badge on the back
you cant tell what it is unless you spot the diffuser
www.facebook.com/AndyIrelandAgency
e46drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #2
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

my word, that si excellent. i'll probably see one pop up around here. they always do....
Old 04-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
findleybeast
Regular User

God the car is slick. By far my favorite bangle-bmw too. It looks nice debadged, but would be incredible in black

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
ikon2003
Regular User

Very nice. I won't go ott on it tho...i think it'll have to grow on me a bit. I've not even fully digested the new M5, and now there's this M6. The wheels too...very stylish, and very good looking, but in a very anemic sort of way. Kind of like the supermodel that's just too skinny..... Might take some time.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:52 PM   #5
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by ikon2003
Very nice. I won't go ott on it tho...i think it'll have to grow on me a bit. I've not even fully digested the new M5, and now there's this M6. The wheels too...very stylish, and very good looking, but in a very anemic sort of way. Kind of like the supermodel that's just too skinny..... Might take some time.
Yeah, agreed about the wheels. The spokes are too skinny and there is too much open space.

It does definitely grow on you. At first I was really digusted about it, but now I kind of like it. In a few years maybe I would really want one.

Only fitting that he uses a Mac .

EDIT: Damn he has a convertible as well as a Z8 :shock: .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:36 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

@ Just_Me and tifosi:

I checked again and you're right. the run-flats aren't on the Ms due to ride quality because of the stiffer sidewalls. However the M-Mobility still should be sufficient (though the techs hate that shit because of the mess it makes when you bust the tire off the rim ) Run-Flats could be equipped i guess, but i think you need a different type of rim for them.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:08 AM   #7
tifosi
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
@ Just_Me and tifosi:

I checked again and you're right. the run-flats aren't on the Ms due to ride quality because of the stiffer sidewalls. However the M-Mobility still should be sufficient (though the techs hate that shit because of the mess it makes when you bust the tire off the rim ) Run-Flats could be equipped i guess, but i think you need a different type of rim for them.
i guess it's just me, but i think the glue that BMW includes in the trunk of M cars is pretty garbage.

you can fit run-flat to every car provided you have proper rim for the run-flat, but why would you. besides, the car's traction control, stability control, tire pressure system, launch control...etc. are all not design to work with run flat. and on top of that, run-flat has been one of the weakest link for recent BMWs. i just don't really see anybody retrofitting run-flat onto M cars, it's just not very logical.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:53 AM   #8
yg60m
Regular User

I prefer it in this color, the red of the presentation's car just don't fit it well IMO ...
Old 04-23-2005, 01:35 AM   #9
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by tifosi
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
@ Just_Me and tifosi:

i guess it's just me, but i think the glue that BMW includes in the trunk of M cars is pretty garbage.

you can fit run-flat to every car provided you have proper rim for the run-flat, but why would you. besides, the car's traction control, stability control, tire pressure system, launch control...etc. are all not design to work with run flat. and on top of that, run-flat has been one of the weakest link for recent BMWs. i just don't really see anybody retrofitting run-flat onto M cars, it's just not very logical.
Yes, the sealant is crap. We usually tell our M drivers not to use it and just call a tow truck. It's more trouble than it's worth for all parties involved

and what are you talking about with that DSC not designed for run flats crap?

The only thing the run flats affect are the ride quality, as i said before. there are no special DSC systems just for runflat equipped vehicles. Since the TPM systems use the wheel speed sensors from the DSC (except for the E65 which will use actual pressure transducers connected to the valve stems providing that option was purhased). The rolling circumfrence of the run flat will still change triggering the light to come on.

Because the sidewall on a runflat tire is stiffer and thicker, the tire doesn't deflect as much and transmits more road feel through the suspension. Solution: soften the suspension.
Problem with the solution: On the low slung Z4, that would mean more suspension travel. Not good on uneven roads.

On the 5, 6 and 7 that would compromise the Dynamic Drive.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 08:02 AM   #10
Just_me
Regular User

Here is some comments from the owner of this M6

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53108

I had the badge removed because people who know, know anyway, and the others, well - call it understatement...
Old 04-23-2005, 01:46 PM   #11
ae86_16v
Regular User

I had the badge removed because people who know, know anyway, and the others, well - call it understatement...
8) Very cool, very cool. . .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #12
430csjj
Regular User

M6 is amazing!! Me and my dad are hoping to try one when our local dealer gets one in.
430csjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #13
Stikz
Regular User

lovely car. Thanks for the pics.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:13 PM   #14
neilo63
Regular User

OH MAN! If i had the money that's the colour combination i would specify. Looks totally awesome.
neilo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:35 PM   #15
szumszer
Regular User

nice, this is so much cooler than M5, a cool coupe with a big front engine and a rear wheel drive, just what a BMW ought to be
szumszer is offline   Reply With Quote