Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 06-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #16
chest3r
Regular User

^^ Didn't know there were so many F40s. Even better, they might never disapear ! 8)

Nice event BTW! Awesome lot of cars !
Old 06-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #17
Pokiou
Regular User

omg omg omg omg omg omgo mg omg omg omgopm 288gto !! omg omg omg omg omg omgomg

btw. the interior photo.. is that the xj220 ?
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #18
nthfinity
Regular User

Pok, yes that is the interior on the XJ220... a new friend after this weekend... before too long, I'll give some driving impressions of that amazing car too! Such a nice guy who owns it!

666-
If I never see another X1/9 it will be too soon I've seen a few... this one did look t he best since it didn't have any goofy aftermarket anything on it.

Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by sameerrao
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
What a nice line-up!! :shock:

The 288 GTO is my fav of the bunch... with the F40 coming in a close second. It's interesting to see how cool they still are compared with the latest F-supercars... I wonder if we will think the same about the Enzo in let's say 15 years. As far as it goes, seems like the F50 is already "lost" somewhere, always missing in this kind of exhibitions

The scale model looks AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the pics Nth! :good:
The Enzo will have a high value thanks to its relative scarcity which is accentuated by the tendency of its owners to trash about 2 cars a year.

But still it looks garbage to me. Too much techno shit in it. Sounds great though I must say.

Sadly the F50 has been given the short shift by Ferrari enthusiasts. People seem to lusting for the Enzo or F40 instead. Value wise the F50 should be a golden investment. The engine sounds fantastic - as is expected of a detuned F1 V12 engine. Looks are its main problem - it doesnt look wild enough like the F40 or the Enzo. I must say, it looks much better in the flesh than in pictures
I think the problem with the F50 was that it was a slower car compared to the F40. I however, think it's hogwash and would own an F50 in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

BTW, according to a thread on Fchat, there are something like 450 Enzo vin numbers. So maybe Ferrari is jerking it's customers about again?

Also, isn't there less F50's than Enzo's?
Call me odd, but the F50 is the super Ferrari that got me into cars when I was 12-13 years old. Some say the car's lines are odd and like poorly molded lava flows... but I find it beautiful in a world full of harsh and extreme angles... don't get me wrong, I love those too... but the Ultimate ferrari to me is the 275 range... and the compound curve era is at en end... but the F50 harkens back to that.

An offer was produced for an F50 today... hopefully the owner takes it. It has a lot of work to be done, so it will be a while before its in the warehouse... and if the offer is refused... eventually, another F50 will pop up.

The Enzo is #301, and the 288 is one of about 67 with the particular interior option, and is very very easy to drive... and also very fun. There may be no power steering, and the wheel angle may still be a little odd... but its not as off as the F40, and the F50 less so.... the 288 is a drivers' car meant to be driven everywhere, and able to (as long as your local gas station has Turbo Blue 110 octane)

The Enzo is very different to the 288... LOUD is the word... CV @ 4000 rpm is impoooosible to almost think with the Tubi exhaust
Old 06-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #19
r2r
Regular User

This was an awesome event! Much bigger then I expected,

and thnaks again nthfinity for letting me know about it.

Some of my pics from this fabulous event.

r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:03 PM   #20
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
[F50] car's lines are odd and like poorly molded lava flows...
I would have to agree with you on that one
Old 06-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r
Actually, I can't take credit for that opinion That one is all you... and I disagree with you hahaha

nice photos... I missed a lot
Old 06-18-2007, 11:34 PM   #22
666fast
Regular User

666-
If I never see another X1/9 it will be too soon Wink I've seen a few... this one did look t he best since it didn't have any goofy aftermarket anything on it.
But thats what so cool about them, they are so damn goofy looking they are cool. They aren't too bad to drive (nothing mind blowing, but they are fun) and for what it is, it's pretty rare.

I'd drive an X 1/9 for that a lone. I've come close with a few quirky cars, the only thing that stops me is that they cost an arm and a leg to fix should something go wrong.
If I wasn't sure my boss would get pissed, I'd start carrying my shiny new camera around, I've come across some of the goofiest shit. Stuff I've never heard of and stuff I never thought I'd see. Just today I came across an S2 and a Cossie.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:42 PM   #23
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r
Actually, I can't take credit for that opinion That one is all you... and I disagree with you hahaha

nice photos... I missed a lot
He he, I purposely changed the intent of the statement because you phrased it so well that I agreed with it.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:53 AM   #24
stmoritzer
Regular User

Indeed a fabulous event, thanks nth for the coverage and r2r for the add-ons

so many rare beauties :shock:

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:50 AM   #25
silentm
Regular User

wow a lot of weird cars you got there... some space craft machinery...

gotta love that hotrod 8)
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote