Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 06-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #16
elitemrburns
Regular User

elitemrburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:41 PM   #17
SFDMALEX
Regular User

What the fuck is this? Oh well, I will stop watching F1, might aswel watch Formula renault or something..............gayest shit ever, pinnacle of motropsrt my ass.....

same ECU, same brakes, same this same that????????fuck it.....

Lets just enojoy the 2 years of F1 we have left :cry:
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:40 PM   #18
Max Power

Originally Posted by ViperASR
They want close to identical cars so that the racing is closer and less predictable. That is what gets people to watch the races. Last year no one wanted to watch the end of the season because Schumacher had it all tied up (or maybe it was the year before that, idk). They are just trying to make the racing more interesting for the spectators.
they want to make it into a NASCAR series...same cars different drivers... :roll: ... plus its doesn't matter what the bugdet is, as stated in the article, somebody is always gonna finish last
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:31 AM   #19
mindgam3
Regular User

What a load of bullshit.... how can you have the pinnacle of motorsport without using the pinnacle of materials and resources....?

The way these rules are going, these are going to be slower than the F3000 cars by a long way

Roll on a new series
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:04 AM   #20
zondaland
Regular User

They will struggle to be slower than F3000 cars. After all its difficult to go slower than a non-existent series.

As far as the changes some of them are good some are crap. The aero IMO is stupid. F1 needs to have heaps of grip, and wings. I think instead that they should move towards ground effects aero. That way the cars can follow closely much more effectively.

The standard ECU isn't a bad idea, its the only way that they will ever be able to get rid of TC.

As far as the rules actually coming in, don't worry too much. It's just Max proposing a load of crap to get the teams to agree to some of the more reasonable things. Anybody remember success ballast?
zondaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:57 AM   #21
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
They want close to identical cars so that the racing is closer and less predictable. That is what gets people to watch the races. Last year no one wanted to watch the end of the season because Schumacher had it all tied up (or maybe it was the year before that, idk). They are just trying to make the racing more interesting for the spectators.
Its as much of a drivers race as it is a technology race.

I dont really care for the drivers, I love the sport for the machines, I want to drive them, not some bloke for me, so I watch the sport for the cars not drivers.....

Its good as it is now, people say it was a great season so far, no need to change it.

If you want a good spectator race go watch some spec car races, there its down to the driver. And thats what F1 will be, a spec race, with different liverys on cars.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #22
jenkF1
Regular User

Fair enough, its nice to see driver-skill based rules and more equality in F1, but these rules will KILL the spirit of F1.

F1 is about the best drivers in the most technically innovative environment. These technical innovations are monumental and make F1 stand miles apart from any other motorsport.

Driver skill IS extremely important and without it it wouldn't be a sport. But F1 is where technology meets man and man harnesses its power. If you want to watch pure driver-skill equal racing put them in Go-Karts!

Standardiasation of parts sucks! I think reducing aero and introducing slicks are very good ideas, and I think we need to ban traction control. But F1 must keep its technical brilliance that its held throughour history otherwise it will die!

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:35 AM   #23
leo_26782
Regular User

It is allready hard to pass somebody now with the cars being different, i can't imagine how much harder it will get when everybody will have the same car!
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote