Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 07-02-2004, 04:17 PM   #16
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

I think lady luck was on his side that day, very dangerous......stupid bitch :roll:

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 04:23 PM   #17
oscargarza88
Regular User

wow! lol! at the camera guy, he was drifting in 1 lane!! impressive, and he didi it all the way, ye has skils, ans alot of balls, ofr maybe hes just stupid
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 05:44 PM   #18
jakaracman
Regular User

Originally Posted by gdc
Nice drift..

But really dangerous!!!

He should find the spacious area to do that!!
Anybody can do it in a parking lot. It's only fun when you knov that you must do it right, othervise ...
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:23 PM   #19
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by jakaracman
Originally Posted by gdc
Nice drift..

But really dangerous!!!

Anybody can do it in a parking lot. It's only fun when you knov that you must do it right, othervise ...
Where is the fun in risking other peoples lifes?
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:47 PM   #20
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by gdc
Nice drift..

But really dangerous!!!

Dude don't be silly.. for sure he knows what to do, but how could other road users know that a car is launched toward them at such speed and sideway? What if in the other direction came a dumb truck driver, tired, and partially on the opposite lane? Stop justifying him.. it is completely DUMB, period..
Old 07-02-2004, 07:33 PM   #21
jakaracman
Regular User

Then I'm dumb too, because i tend to do that stuff too ... ops:
And in answer to your question: you stop the drift, move out of the way ...
Old 07-02-2004, 07:40 PM   #22
TT
Regular User

Well, of course you are... to stop that drift that was probably done at around 80 to 100 km/h?? LOL... maybe if the vehicle in the opposite direction is moving at 1 km/h you would have the time... it simply something you don't do when somebody can come in the opposite direction...
And it's to easy to say you just stop the drift and move out of the way... you know very well that even the best drifters of the world sometimes ends a drift with scary fishtailing or simply go out of line and out of track in a fraction of a second... when you drift, you just control a car that is basically pretty close to be completely out of control, and something unpredictable could happen..

When it's wet of course I love to put my poor car sideway too.. it's just impossible to resist, but to do it at pretty slow speed on empty parking lots or roundabouts were nobody can pop up from somewhere is quite different that to do it at very high-speed, on a road were also upcoming traffic could go pretty fast and just have a fraction of a second to realize a car is coming toward them sideway...
Old 07-02-2004, 07:54 PM   #23
fabro_s
Regular User

SHIT!! thats crazy man imagine a crash caused by that dude, somebody could get killed

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:55 PM   #24
5vz-fe
Regular User

In a drift, if ur rear tires suddenly got extra traction (i.e. u trying to stop the drift) the steering needs to be unwind at the exact moment the tires stop slipping or u will get urself a huge fish tail that most ppl can't catch.

That guy is totally putting the opposite lane cars at risk.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:29 AM   #25
jakaracman
Regular User

Ok, I see there's no point in debating this - but before I stop, I would just like to tell you that I don't mind being called dumb, but it bothers me that you guys judge people just like so. You know nothing about that guy (or me), nothig about his driving abailities and basicaly nothing about drifting. Doing powerslides in a wet parking lot is not drifting. Drift the car with speed, not power. And 80-100 km/h drifts are nothing big, the problems begin at high speeds (although I do admit thet I never drift at really high speeds on streets, about 100 - 120 km/h is maximum). As for gathering a car from drift, it's easy, as long as you knows what to do. And when a car is drifting (at least for me) in's more in control than going fast without drifting and waiting which end will let go first. When you pu a car into a slide, youn know what is it doing and what it?ll do next. So when you se cars that could be dangerous, you hasve plenty of time to deciti to abort a drift or not.
I will not say tryi t and see, but if you would, you would see it.
And besides - when you'ree godd at drifting at slow speeds, you must try faster and faster if you want to get better and better. If it's not harder, why do it? I want to learn more and be better at it all the time, otherwise it's pointless ...
Old 07-03-2004, 05:47 AM   #26
TT
Regular User

True, we don't know you or him, but we all know that even the best drivers do mistakes sometimes! It can simply an external variable.. something on the pavment, unexpected water for instance, or a problem with a tire and 1000 others options not even the best driver can predict or deal with in time..
And how many times did we see "the drift king" ending up into the grass despite his name?

You are a journalist.. I don't think it is very mature to say what you said about drifting on public road, and increasing speed... ok to drift or powerslide in a parking lot is to easy? but at least you won't kill somebody doing so..

Hell, if you really want to drift there is no problem with it, but you can't pretend that the world turn around your car when it is sideway.. it simply doesn't... just go on a track and do it allday long...

For the last time, sure I don't know you and but for sure people like you are very dangerous behind the wheel IMO.. we all consider ourself some sort of Gods when driving our cars, but some of us go to far probably... even if you are in perfect control of your car, there are to many things that are out of reach and not controllable at all.. and it's because of ppl like you that some crazy accidents happens... you are in perfect control and all of a sudden another car pop up from nowhere... and there is no way to avoid it... you can control just your car, not the whole "thing"..
Old 07-03-2004, 12:38 PM   #27
5vz-fe
Regular User

And 80-100 km/h drifts are nothing big, the problems begin at high speeds (although I do admit thet I never drift at really high speeds on streets, about 100 - 120 km/h is maximum).
Sounds like unmature bragging to me (Yeah, I really don't know u, that's y I put "sound like")

And when a car is drifting (at least for me) it's more in control than going fast without drifting and waiting which end will let go first. When you put a car into a slide, you know what is it doing and what it'll do next.
Again, WHAT? Drifting is usually not the fastest way to go around a corner, and when u are going fast, u are not drifting and when u are drifting u are not going fast....... I think there are alot of track vidz that prove this so I don't wanna say more. But man do u make sense
(but again, I don't know u.....so...whatever)
Old 07-03-2004, 02:05 PM   #28
jakaracman
Regular User

Hey guys, lighten up. Just kidding.
I do drift a lot but in controlled circumstances (a few friends out there with a mobile for warnings or corners that you can see far ahead) or at very low speeds. Been drving for 15 yrs, about 1 million km, only had one bigger accident (no one else involved), only got 5 or 6 speding tickets.
Just wanted to see the response from you guys ...
I hoped that more than just two of you would answer my "dangerous" ideas, but anyway, the answers were interesting.
You sure are safety mainded considering that this is a heavy car enthusiast forum.
But: TT, yozu said that you cannot control everything. I think that that is not completely true. The most dangerous dirivers are those that need to think 100% (regardeless of speed) about mechanics of their driving (braking, steering ...). If you do that, you are left with nothing to watch for other people. The point is driving only so fast, that you can do it "without thinking", so you can concentrate on checking for pedestrians, other motorists and adjusting your actions to them. Let me explain: if i drive fast on a stretch ov winding road, I'll be watching for oncoming traffic, cyclists ..., checking the side-roads for anybody that can pull out in front of me ... If I can see far enough to be sure that there's nobody, then I'll drive as fast as I can. If I see somebody (something), I'll slow down correspondingly. If I can't see (bushes, house, blind bend) I'll slow down just the same (as if there was somebody). But in any case I can only drive so fast as I'm able with my brains still thinking about others and danger, not about my driving.
And driwing fast in populated areas is a definite stupidity ...
Old 07-03-2004, 02:21 PM   #29
TT
Regular User

I feel kinda relieved now
Old 07-03-2004, 02:26 PM   #30
jakaracman
Regular User

I thought you'd be ... And to explain further, I added some stuff to my post.
BTW: where is Rennes. Close to Geneva (I'm there every year for the show)?