Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-23-2006, 05:46 AM   #16
dingo
Regular User

Nice event, definately something we can't do here. I really love pics in the snow, so plenty were saved!

The WRX is obviously the pic of the lot, can you (or Leo) give some info on how it handled on the ice?
Old 01-23-2006, 06:02 AM   #17
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
amazing pic's there TT.
looks like alot of fun, did you have any pics from inside the Subaru?
Nope sorry, it was getting dark already and had no more room in my mem cards for any more pics

Originally Posted by stmoritzer

edit: I guess the lady did a handbrake-drift with the FWD Polo
Yup, handbrake, at that speed (pretty low because of the ice), you can't really have any effect from lift off mid corner

Originally Posted by pzgren
wow! looks like a 100% pure fun event! where was it held?

nice pics as always!
Bourg St. Pierre, right before the entrance of the Grand San Bernard tunnel (1600 meters high)

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
:shock:
Looks like you all had a blast. Did you get a chance to take your 320 on the snow course TT?

All the high powered cars on snow covered roads must be fun!! That M3 went really sideways.
Nope, since I didn't register (read "pay") for the lessons, I wasn't of course allowed to take my car on track

Originally Posted by dingo
The WRX is obviously the pic of the lot, can you (or Leo) give some info on how it handled on the ice?
I'll let leo answer this IMO it was very nice. Well planted when needed but still able to do some nice 4 wheel slides: you just need to be brave enough to feed enough power to make it start, and on such relatively tight track, it's not so easy the walls might be snowy, but you can still loose your bumper if you hit them sideway
Old 01-23-2006, 06:27 AM   #18
stmoritzer
Regular User

^ I sometimes try to handbrake-slide around the snow-iced corners in the neighbourhood of my parents (FWD Seat ), but as you said : one has to pay attention not to loose it

my mother has a Impreza (no, not a WRX STI , a 2.0l StationWagon ), it takes quite a lot to get this car sliding ( handbrake for instance goes to all four wheels, so that option is not that efficient ), but turn into a corner, push the gas and the fun starts . In general the Subarus (like the Legacy I had before), are very well balanced, almost impossible to oversteer/loose the rear.

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #19
franck bullitt
Regular User

Location: 10 mls from Eurodisneyland....and too far from unlimited speed's highway!

I love your pics :shock:
Thx for sharing it
Old 01-23-2006, 08:53 AM   #20
taygunho
Regular User

E 39 M5 thanks for pics TT
Old 01-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #21
Pehtren
Regular User

woooooooow, what have i missed ops:

the pics are just great...as usual

i think that one of the pic with the M5 will go to the desktop

it seems that BMWs were going with no trouble around the track, were they any good

the audi pics are superb but i like the M5 so... ..desktop

thanks for the pics, too bad for vids
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #22
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

yeah... we're gonna need some videos of the M5 on ice

great event! looks almost like my commute to work this morning!

I can't even imagine what it must of been like drive on that ice course with a RWD machine.. :shock:
Old 01-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #23
adamwich
Regular User

Looks like a really nice event! The porsche pics are great!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #24
Darkel
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
and where is your BMW drifting???
Tracks are for pussies, "driftmaster" TT uses to drifting on open roads near lamborghini dealers

Great set of pics, once again; a perfect config would have been the sun in the other direction so that it would've been possible to see the rims instead of the tires ... but I'm quibbling
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:12 PM   #25
Pehtren
Regular User

hmmm...TT has a BMW, where is he
Old 01-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #26
vakpemil
Regular User

Wooow! That is mean! Damn it would be nice to join that club!
Old 01-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #27
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by pehtren
it seems that BMWs were going with no trouble around the track, were they any good
Yes, no big troubles actually. traction control was usually helpfull for tricky situations and even if the Audis and Impreza were of course faster (no timed laps anyway), the BMW can always go around a corner in a very nice way
The M5 actually had some problems because those tires were not really that good. The owner just bought it a bit before winter and the winter tires were already mounted on the original wheels, so he just put them on when the time came, to discover they don't provide much grip LOL!

Originally Posted by Darkel
Originally Posted by ARMAN
and where is your BMW drifting???
Tracks are for pussies, "driftmaster" TT uses to drifting on open roads near lamborghini dealers

Great set of pics, once again; a perfect config would have been the sun in the other direction so that it would've been possible to see the rims instead of the tires ... but I'm quibbling
LOL, actually there were some better spots than the ones I used, but as you know, the sun is a stubborn and always goes where he wants, so I had to comply

As for my drift on open road, must have been an illusion: to powerslide on open road is not safe
Old 01-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #28
yeckmohr
Regular User

Thanks TT for these amazing pics.

The group pics are the best like Dingo's pics from the meeting last year.

What a nice girl with the "Beast" Polo.

Great Job Men.
yeckmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #29
Pehtren
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by pehtren
Yes, no big troubles actually. traction control was usually helpfull for tricky situations and even if the Audis and Impreza were of course faster (no timed laps anyway), the BMW can always go around a corner in a very nice way
The M5 actually had some problems because those tires were not really that good. The owner just bought it a bit before winter and the winter tires were already mounted on the original wheels, so he just put them on when the time came, to discover they don't provide much grip LOL!
better that now than in a bad situation :roll:
Old 01-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #30
Wutputt
Regular User

Since I'm a sucker for fast cars in the snow, I love these pics! Certainly as drifting is involved

It must be great fun to play endless in the snow with such car. Not only is it fun, it's also a good lesson to learn the behaviour of the car better in slippery conditions. The pics look great and it seems the camera coped with the freezing conditions! It's also good to see some familiar 'faces'
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote