Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 05-31-2004, 08:21 PM   #16
stradale
Regular User

Thanks for the pictures of your second visit as well, dropot2! You saw a hell of a lot more Ferraris on the streets and on Fiorano than I did when I was there. Maybe I should try again

BTW, strange wheels underneath that F40 leaving the factory gates...

Originally Posted by dropot2
Originally Posted by schnell318
Originally Posted by dropot2
Originally Posted by schnell318
Marvellous pics! What Ferrari is the one on pics #9,10 and 11???? That´s one fine looking automobile.
If I'm not wrong it is a 250 GTE which was basically the same car as the 250 GTO. Stradale told me that many 250 GTO replicas have been made by rebodying one of these GTEs.

Thanks man.
And I thanks stradale
No thanks and you remembered well. The chassis and engine of the 250 GTE and 250 GTO are very similar, but the GTE was a luxurious 2+2 and the GTO solely built for racing. So there were some differences, not least the weight. Once one would rebody a GTE and get rid of all the extra weight, it would approach a GTO quite closely. Even when standard, the driving experience of a GTE and a GTO seem to be pretty alike. Until recently, nobody seemed to notice. The GTE was one of the cheapest Ferraris money could buy, just because it's exterior wasn't as sexy as other Ferraris of that time. Later people started to recognize the similarities in technology and just how good it was.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:55 PM   #17
spyd3rr
Regular User

yea that white 360 looks kickass

howcome there are so many Ferraris there? i mean, i know its where the company is based but it seems like the people in the city own the cars....

might just be a stupid question, but seriously, howcome?
spyd3rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 05:45 AM   #18
dropot2
Regular User

Originally Posted by spyd3rr
yea that white 360 looks kickass

howcome there are so many Ferraris there? i mean, i know its where the company is based but it seems like the people in the city own the cars....

might just be a stupid question, but seriously, howcome?
First of all, and I won't repeat this anymore...the 360 CS is not white! It was covered by a white plastic protection! I know my English is not very good but I think that I have clarified this point...

There are so many Ferraris because there are a lot of Ferrari costumers that they bring their cars to Maranello to be repared. There are many official Ferrari workshops in Maranello so a big amount of Ferrari owners drive their cars to that little town to check and repair their machines.
There are some other reasons. For example, the factory have to check the cars when they leave the production line, and Fiorano is just 2 minutes away from the factory, so it's easy to see Ferraris leaving from there to Fiorano.
________
FORWARD CONTROL

Last edited by dropot2; 02-10-2011 at 06:49 PM.
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote