Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #16
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
Really, is that all? I can't say I agree, but I see the theory and your advice seems solid.

79, just my opinion. I don't know why, but most people seem to drag-out the whole getting-over process; by sitting around and trying to remember the good times, reminiscing. This is where they guys go wrong. The day you know that things are done, and there is no going back - get rid of everything - from text msgs, to photos, gifts, - everything.

And then, don't sit around reminiscing! This is a stumbling block. Most guys think about the walks on the beach, feeding each other spaghetti, then the big one... envisaging her with someone else! You do this, and you're screwed.
Instead, think back to the arguments, the nit-picking, etc. These afterall, are the likely reasons you're not together anymore, anyway!!

Also, most guys drag it out by still taking phonecalls, or responding to texts, or emails, etc. Seriously, if the girl is history, leave her in the past! Considering most guys don't understand how any of the above works - it's little wonder they go through a protracted process of getting over 'her'.
I had to take my own advice recently, to someone I had started to give consideration of proposing to. It fu*%ing sucks. But the first 14 days suck the most. Get past these and it's relatively smooth sailing.

Caveat: Having said this - A friend of mine lost her boyfriend recently in a freak flying accident. Unfortunately I (nor she) does not know how to cope with this sort of situation. All you can do is grieve. I don't think anyone really knows how to handle the situations ideally - they are just sad.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:29 AM   #17
Mattk
Regular User

I would get over this in no time flat if someone could help me understand why I can't get over her even after she Ive seen she is such a slut?
Because we all like to think about good stuff, and not the bad. Considering you genuinely liked her, it won't be easy for you to get over the good times, or the 'what could've been'.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:46 AM   #18
freddiefish
Regular User

You have to be convinced that she's a whore/ bitch you don't want. That'll make it much much easier to forget her!
freddiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #19
Apac102
Regular User

Thanks guys; this seriously helped me out a bunch. Styla21, great points man. I never really thought about it that way; all i do is think about the good, now its time to think about the bad.

Thanks again everyone, its good to know that I'm not making this a bigger thing then it is.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #20
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Old 04-16-2008, 12:14 AM   #21
Jasoos
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post

Cars are so much simpler.

WORD

I'm in med school too, with a HUGE crush on a girl who i think is the most perfect creature imaginable . I can somewhat understand what you must be feeling right now, because if this girl hurt me after I had bared my soul in front of her, I would be devastated, but still want her.

My two cents is: You have high standards, which is very good. Maintain them. DO NOT LOWER THEM FOR ANY GIRL, and you will connect with someone who shares your values, with a real possibility of a very good future together!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #22
fordgt84
Regular User

the classic good vs bad guy scenario,

honestly dont even waste your time thinking about those two pieces of trash, for all i care they deserve each other... he probably did u a favour showing how loose she is, but he's still a jerk, better a slut and an asshole together, than a good guy and a slut together... i've been in an almost similar situation, but when u bounce back with the right chick bro it's gonna be f***ing sweet

man i got that pain you get in your throat when you're sad just from reading your story, i really feel for u man
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #23
Pokiou
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
You might want to be the good friend here, and let his fiance know that he is an untrustworthy son of a bitch and she needs to be ready for him cheating when they are married.

Amen! it's the right thing to do. Once a scum always a scum. Poor girl might think he is innocent and all but in fact probarbly isnt the first time he has done it. Think about the poor kid they might bring into the world... and then when they get a divorce.. OMG.. nah TELL HER!!! TELL THAT SON OF A BITCHS WIFE TO BE, THAT HE CHEATED!!!!
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote