Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #16
enzoferrari
Regular User

The PS-90 rifle? I will take some more pics tomorrow
Yea that one,do u collect any blades?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

I have a few weapons, but I don't think I'd post them publicly...
Old 09-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #18
SinRS
Regular User

You said you like to conceal carry that pistol. You mean you're carrying it in public places?
I do understand gun collecting and shooting targets or hunting with them, but I still think that gun laws in USA are somewhat questionable.
The PS-90 looks quite nice, it is also semiautomatic? Do you have a picture of the AK unassembled, how many parts there are?
SinRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #19
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
I have a few weapons, but I don't think I'd post them publicly...
I've never been too worried about that. You know I live in the Charleston area and that's about it. I would not publish my address online. Even when I transfer my guns to the car to go to the range, I keep a very low profile. Make sure nobody sees me do it. There are some people that think that if you do post online, the BATF will come knocking on your door. Personally, I think that is hogwash. And plus all my guns are locked in a gun safe that is bolted to the floor and my house has a pretty good alarm system.
Also, South Carolina has the Castle Doctrine law which basically says that I do not have to retreat from inside my home and can use deadly force to protect myself. And if whoever decides to risk coming in to my houseand I show up, I am always armed.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland

Last edited by FoxFour; 09-11-2008 at 10:27 PM.
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #20
Mattk
Regular User

And if whoever decides to risk coming in to my houseand I show up, I am always armed.
Or will be when you run to the safe, disable the alarm and load up a gun. It is also not self-defence if you are only defending your property. Although the line is obviously thin if they bash down your door with an arsenal of implements.

On the original post, a nice collection there. I'm quite interesting in the loading mechanism for the PS90. It seems quite awkward. I've been puzzled as to the logic of it ever since I found out how people loaded them.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
Or will be when you run to the safe, disable the alarm and load up a gun.
Uhm - rest assured he sleeps with a loaded handgun near his bed...

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
It is also not self-defence if you are only defending your property. Although the line is obviously thin if they bash down your door with an arsenal of implements.
Actually, it is self defense if you defend your property - we don't live in Australia where the criminal has right of way - we live in the USA where the criminal has th eright to die if he/she enters your property - period.

If someone i son YOUR property or in YOUR house, it doesnt mater how harmless they are - they have NO business being there and should be shot on sight.

You dont "accidently" break into someones house - if you do, you die.

Period.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:39 PM   #22
FoxFour
Regular User

This basically explains the military version of the PS-90, the P-90. My carbine does have most of the features of that gun with the exception of full auto, integral laser sight, plus the armor piercing ammo is banned to civilians. We get the lesser powered stuff.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
Old 09-11-2008, 11:57 PM   #23
SinRS
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
You dont "accidently" break into someones house - if you do, you die.

Period.

You obviously haven't seen those elderly people with dementia wondering outdoors unable to remember where they live. They can "break" into accidentally.
SinRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by FoxFour View Post
I've never been too worried about that. You know I live in the Charleston area and that's about it. I would not publish my address online. Even when I transfer my guns to the car to go to the range, I keep a very low profile. Make sure nobody sees me do it. There are some people that think that if you do post online, the BATF will come knocking on your door. Personally, I think that is hogwash. And plus all my guns are locked in a gun safe that is bolted to the floor and my house has a pretty good alarm system.
Also, South Carolina has the Castle Doctrine law which basically says that I do not have to retreat from inside my home and can use deadly force to protect myself. And if whoever decides to risk coming in to my houseand I show up, I am always armed.
I am not as disconnected as you are, hence not posting. But I enjoy your postings about your guns
Old 09-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #25
SHIZL
Regular User

http://www.totalcriminaldefense.com/...-drug-bust.asp
but there are unfortunate incedents that are loopholes in the laws.as far as the americans rights are concerned we have been stripped of more of our rights lately hopefully we will be able to keep our firearms and the lawmakers calm down
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:10 AM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by SHIZL View Post
http://www.totalcriminaldefense.com/...-drug-bust.asp
but there are unfortunate incedents that are loopholes in the laws.as far as the americans rights are concerned we have been stripped of more of our rights lately hopefully we will be able to keep our firearms and the lawmakers calm down
earlier this summer, the DC handgun ban was put up to the Supreme court of the USA. It was 1 vote away from overturning the 2nd amendment. That is reality, and that is scary.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:28 AM   #27
styla21
Regular User

Fox, wicked collection there mate. I only know a little about the AK / PS-90, but enough to be interested.

I am a fence sitter with the right-to-bear-arms argument. I'm not critical of the USA's laws - so don't you all go and jump on me! But I can't fully understand the need for a citizen to own a gun?
The "for defense" argument is good in theory, if only there wasn't so many crack-heads, raging-hormone-teenagers, and dimwits who think without cause to their actions.

That said, when Australia banned firearms in the last decade, incidents of violent crime by knife-usage increased.

I also don't see how "the right to own a gun" is synonymous with "freedom". It seems a weak argument to make - that a government removing an instrument thats sole purpose is to kill, is against the "freedom" of the people?

....I can feel a thread-ass kicking coming on
Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 AM   #28
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by SinRS View Post
You obviously haven't seen those elderly people with dementia wondering outdoors unable to remember where they live. They can "break" into accidentally.
If you didn't lock the door, sure, but I don't recall elderly able to pick locks. I am also sure before you decided to open fire, you do try to see who you are shooting. If it's a old man that barely able to move, I am sure he won't get shot anyways.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #29
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21 View Post
I also don't see how "the right to own a gun" is synonymous with "freedom". It seems a weak argument to make - that a government removing an instrument thats sole purpose is to kill, is against the "freedom" of the people?
Gov. Should be afraid of the people. Otherwise, it will grow, and infringe, and take away those freedoms. Without arms; what does government have to fear from it's people?
Old 09-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #30
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
I am not as disconnected as you are, hence not posting. But I enjoy your postings about your guns
I apologize for being 'disconnected', I spend my time on other things besides chatting on the internet, hence my low post count compared to others. I can assure you that if you talked to me in person you would find out that I can articulate a sentence. I just have to post more and get better at it.
I am not as comfortable behind the keyboard as most of you guys. I come from a generation that put things down on paper and pencil and if you had a typewriter, boy you were something special.
Adolf Galland

Last edited by FoxFour; 09-12-2008 at 07:58 AM.