Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #16
Wide
Regular User

but I fear of people approaching me at the shopping mall and asking how to download videos LMAO
That was the funniest thing ever heard today..
Really good! LMAO!!
Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:56 AM   #17
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Jabba already had a similar idea with T-shirts and mugs, and then some motherfuckers started accusing him.."You're trying to make money". I think that pissed him off. Why the fuck would Jabba try to make money from the 10 shirts we'd buy in total? Also, the company he tried to go to didn't allow his logo for some copyright reasons. :fist:
Sure it did piss us off a bit, but if our shop is still "in progress" it's not really because of that
Old 05-14-2004, 10:47 AM   #18
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Jabba already had a similar idea with T-shirts and mugs, and then some motherfuckers started accusing him.."You're trying to make money". I think that pissed him off. Why the fuck would Jabba try to make money from the 10 shirts we'd buy in total? Also, the company he tried to go to didn't allow his logo for some copyright reasons. :fist:
Sure it did piss us off a bit, but if our shop is still "in progress" it's not really because of that
great If I lived there in europe, including family and the small shop my dad has... the copyright wouldn't be a problem...mmm, but only in my country. My country is #3 in the world with non-official, "pirate", bootleg stuff (some kinda proud )
If existed a cheap and economical way to ship t-shirts from mex to england, I'd gladly print the tshirts. Making some numbers in the air, a printed tshirt with 4 colors (normal ..serigraphy??) would cost between 3 and 3.5 usdollars. But the shipping would increase too much the cost of the whole package.
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:03 AM   #19
SamuraiGti
Regular User

If it because of copyright problems, I can get some guys here than can make the t-shirt's without problems =)

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
SamuraiGti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #20
he7lius
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
I would like also a T-Shirt or Polo of course and again, probably something like that will come finally one day
Hilarious.
LOL
he7lius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:47 AM   #21
corvette97
Regular User

a great meeting in jabbas house would be cool , for the 2 b-day of JW! and theres plenty of time to plan everything!
Old 05-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #22
Vansquish
Regular User

I have a different thought...instead of making JW identifying marks or t-shirts or something like that, we could organize get-togethers in certain places during certain times of the year...for instance, in Detroit we could arrange a specific night and a specific meeting place at a specific time for the NAIAS, that way a bunch of JW members could meet, greet and then have a little fun at the show together, kind of like dani_d_mas did this year at Geneva.

The Gumball idea isn't bad, the only issue is that a lot of us are just poor college students and couldn't afford the ticket cost if we got nabbed by the police...maybe we could do some autocross events or something of the like instead?

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:39 PM   #23
Schwalbe

I am really for this idea to have JW stuffs.

However, the idea of a JW big meet is not bad... but here there are a lot of people from all over the World. We could plane something as the Gumball 3000: one year in Europe (at the Ferrari Dealership in Lausanne for instance ) and one year in the US.
I vote for that dani_d_mas !

Hey guys from Europe, you would must rented the conference room of Porsche at Leipzig. If you done it I will be present there, it's sure to 100%.

Here the room that I speak:

http://www.porscheleipzig.com/en/mieten/default.htm
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:07 PM   #24
Schwalbe

However, a meeting at Jabbas house in the 2 b-day of the site would be cool ... but it doesn't depends on me .
Hehe nice !
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:29 PM   #25
jon_s
Regular User

we could have a competition to see the most random place we can put a JW sticker!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:34 PM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

ive concidered making my own JW shirts to use, for instance, at various auto shows

id definately concider buying a shirt... but cirtainly id shy away from stickers (i have a school parking sticker cause i have to)
Old 05-14-2004, 02:37 PM   #27
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by corvette97
a great meeting in jabbas house would be cool , for the 2 b-day of JW! and theres plenty of time to plan everything!

Yes a huge party , burning down the house , haha ... he is familiar in reconstruction now so it wont be a prob

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #28
Toronto
Regular User

a huge meeting wouldn't be a bad idea?
Old 05-14-2004, 04:10 PM   #29
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

^^^^^^And where would something like this take place....here or there....would there be a lot of ppl that can come(work, vacation,etc...)

Seems to me its not possible, eventhough I think I would take part.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:23 PM   #30
BADMIHAI
Regular User

How about "neutral ground" for the meeting? Let's say.....Dominica...or somewhere in the Caribbean. 8)
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote