Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-10-2004, 07:32 AM   #16
Anonymous

yeah i remember now you've said that i think it was a lightning jet fighter, not sure where I saw this either, but i bet his wife was pleased
Old 05-10-2004, 07:43 AM   #17
Jabba
Regular User

It was from the series "speed"
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:39 AM   #18
tanelvali
Regular User

NIce episode, though I think that Jeremy's obsession in putting british steel, british engineering and british everything to the very top position just because it is british, is totally amateurish. Sure it is funny and pleases most of british... No doublt that aston martin DB9 is hell of a car. one of the evry best but to put it where he did... not very cool.. and scaglietti was uncool because of dude was named "ken" ?? redicilous. Same as to say that aston is uncool because the motor oil it is using is produced in a factory where some guy is named "ndikfbngdsfk".

Otherwise great show!
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:53 AM   #19
Jabba
Regular User

I think you need a "sense of humor" to understand the show properly.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:55 AM   #20
he7lius
Regular User

Originally Posted by tanelvali
NIce episode, though I think that Jeremy's obsession in putting british steel, british engineering and british everything to the very top position just because it is british, is totally amateurish. Sure it is funny and pleases most of british... No doublt that aston martin DB9 is hell of a car. one of the evry best but to put it where he did... not very cool.. and scaglietti was uncool because of dude was named "ken" ?? redicilous. Same as to say that aston is uncool because the motor oil it is using is produced in a factory where some guy is named "ndikfbngdsfk".

Otherwise great show!
I totally agree with you but i think if the show was politically correct them it wouldn't be much fun.

I think bcs of the wall thing the celebrities chart (the people with the fastest time are the better people- So simon much be the best person in the world. ) and the british stuff ( but not every time. Look what they did to rover, ahahahaha) makes the show so popular.

I love the show.
he7lius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:01 AM   #21
he7lius
Regular User

Originally Posted by scharreltje
Originally Posted by he7luis
So is Jeremy getting the GT40 or not???
I didn't hear when he said something about the ford's.
Yes i think he is....

anyway, i think Jeremy cheated... wasn't the agreement that he could only use the car? he took the boat across the channel, i don't know if its possible, im not british, but if it is, he should have driven across 0X
Of course he would get one.

His a celebrity, only talks about cars, and has a great sense of humour = Ford get publicity for free.

If the sold it to a no one, no one would talk about the GT 40, but bcs its Jeremy, Ford end a great public image. Common sense.
And i bet because on this Ford is one of the most spoken words in the show.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:19 AM   #22
tanelvali
Regular User

Aye, I understand that politically correct shows are more boring. Just IMHO this "everything has to be british" is sometimes a bit worn out. Rememeber the episode with RR Phantom? I TOTALLy agree with Jeremy there - it would be better if it were 100% british.

And to calm all UK residents - I am actually huge fan of British history, British empire and lots of other things thar are "british".
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:26 AM   #23
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Jabba
I think you need a "sense of humor" to understand the show properly.
LOL jabba!! for sure a Jeremy's humour may not make sense to everyone but he's one of the funniest people on TV and the Cool wall is a perfect example of that. He put the 612 in uncool because it was designed by someone called ken!!!- how funny is that, the show was the most me and my flatmates laughed since we saw Peter Kay live at the bolton albert halls!!. And as for saying Aston Martins are the best cars, well he changes his mind every week anyway! But its not just blind patriotism, if a British car firm makes a crap car then he lets them know so- thats probably why rover 'supposidly' wouldn't give them a city rover to test, James was harsh on it but i hate to think what jeremy would have said!!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:34 PM   #24
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by tanelvali

Otherwise great show!
I think Jeremy overdoes this too, but it is part of his character and persona. If he was PC and very unbiased the reviews would be poor and the show un-entertaining.

Oh and please remind me what is "totally amateurish" about Jeremy

PS.. Jabba is right when he says "you need a sense of humour".... i also think a sense of perspective is required
Old 05-10-2004, 08:08 PM   #25
he7lius
Regular User

Originally Posted by "AL123
......And as for saying Aston Martins are the best cars, well he changes his mind every week anyway! But its not just blind patriotism, if a British car firm makes a crap car then he lets them know so- thats probably why rover 'supposidly' wouldn't give them a city rover to test, James was harsh on it but i hate to think what jeremy would have said!!
If I remember properly he said once that the SL55 AMG was a gay car, and them he has one??

U have to laugh at what he says but u can't take them serious.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:22 PM   #26
T-Bird
Regular User

/\/\/\/\/\/\he said convertibles were gay and that's why he keeps his top up /\/\/\/\/
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:24 PM   #27
he7lius
Regular User

I don't think he keep the tiop up all the time. He just said that on TV.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:25 PM   #28
he7lius
Regular User

I don't think he keep's the top up all the time. He just said that on TV.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:56 PM   #29
caneswell
Regular User

Originally Posted by draak666
I also noticed that Jeremy still can't drive properly, and that it stays the best car show in the world.
Yeah me too, annoys me that. He gets to drive all the best cars in the world and does pretty much nothing else but drive cars. And he still hasn't managed to learn how to drive at all!!

Good at talking bout them though. So ill let him off. Thats why it was such a shame to loose tiff to 5th gear. He can drive a bit!
Old 05-13-2004, 10:30 AM   #30
Kz
Regular User

can't wait for the carrera GT one!!! im dyin to see it in actionnnnn wit the stig behind the wheel
Kz is offline   Reply With Quote