Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-10-2004, 04:37 AM   #16
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
November 09, 2004 - Three years in the making, and First, GT4 really is huge. The game makes use of a dual layered DVD, totaling, Yamauchi revealed, over nine gigabytes of data.
I don't think anyone will be stupid enough to buy the bootleg version after knowing this
Old 11-11-2004, 03:34 AM   #17
Fluxlo
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Originally Posted by Minacious
November 09, 2004 - Three years in the making, and First, GT4 really is huge. The game makes use of a dual layered DVD, totaling, Yamauchi revealed, over nine gigabytes of data.
I don't think anyone will be stupid enough to buy the bootleg version after knowing this
Cept that there are recordable dual layer dvds on the market :roll:

Eitherway, a true gran turismo lover will probably buy this game (i already got my preorder in )
Fluxlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:47 AM   #18
5vz-fe
Regular User

dual layer holds 8.5gigs .....
Old 11-14-2004, 09:46 PM   #19
Fluxlo
Regular User

AFAIK most pirated console games are not just directly copied from the original dvd to a writeable one. There are aspects of it that are further compressed to save room (compress the movies further, compress sound to a lower quality, etc. etc.) there are always sacrafices made when you get pirated copies of software for the new consoles. Back in the days of PS1 it was so easy
Fluxlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 10:27 PM   #20
callen
Regular User

The guy i spoke to at EB games today told me that it wasnt to be released until January, or maybe Feb!!!! what the fuck is going on? is this guy an idoit who should be fired? or am I not going to be playing GT4 by Christmas? :cry:
Old 11-15-2004, 03:33 AM   #21
Zarkoff500
Regular User

Originally Posted by callen
The guy i spoke to at EB games today told me that it wasnt to be released until January, or maybe Feb!!!! what the fuck is going on? is this guy an idoit who should be fired? or am I not going to be playing GT4 by Christmas? :cry:
I am assuming that the US and Canada are getting their copies about the same time, and the latest release date for us is Dec 14th. If the Japanese version has been completed, then all the US needs is the conversions from metric and Japanese to imperial and engrish. If the game gets delayed a little so that the conversions are correct (all of GT3's measurements were in metric for the US copy, and the torque figures were way off when the car was tuned), it will be okay with me.
Zarkoff500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:48 AM   #22
5vz-fe
Regular User

I am sure it is Dec....no way Sony gonna miss Chismas sales......
Old 11-15-2004, 05:51 AM   #23
TT
Regular User

No need for a new topic and since this one is the most recent one about GT4.. in these evo scans you can find on the first pages a short report about the TV advertising filming:
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=297530#297530
Old 11-15-2004, 01:15 PM   #24
TransAm
Regular User

I went into a games store on Friday 12th Nov, the had the GT4 release date written down as Jan 03 2005.

Another two/three week slip from Dec 14 for the US version, maybe? :roll:

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 06:03 PM   #25
noliebro
Regular User

the game is definatly going to be in the US by Christmas, pre-orders are already being taken at most stores here, GT4 did away with online capability to have it out by December, another version with online capabilities will come out later

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:38 AM   #26
Minacious
Regular User

As far as I know, the US release date is Jan 06, 2005.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:33 AM   #27
Minacious
Regular User

November 17, 2004 - Gran Turismo 4 has just been hit with another delay in Japan. Sony Computer Entertainment announced today that the game, originally scheduled for 12/3 release throughout the island nation (even Okinawa!), will now arrive a few weeks later, on 12/28. This delay affects the game and all promotional packages associated with it, including the racing bundle and the limited edition Nike bundle.

As reason for the delay, SCE cited some fine tuning that still remains with the product. The company also pointed to the huge volume contained in the game, including the more than 700 cars and 90 courses included within (we thought it was 50 courses... but oh well).
This announcement came just after noon in Japan on 11/18, a few hours after working hours ended in America on 11/17. We'll have to check with SCE's American division tomorrow to see how this announcement affects the game's American release.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:42 AM   #28
5vz-fe
Regular User

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 04:42 AM   #29
Minacious
Regular User

November 18, 2004 - There was worry in the Gran Turismo crowd last night. After we posted the story stating that the Japanese version of Gran Turismo 4 would be delayed in Japan until December 28 of this year, the letters started pouring in regarding its U.S. release date. Sure everyone knew that it was likely that GT4 would now slip into next year here in the States, but there was no confirmation of it.

There is now.

In a statement released by Sony Computer Entertainment America this morning, the U.S delay of Gran Turismo 4 was officially authenticated.

"The release of Gran Turismo 4, originally set for December 14th, 2004, will change to the first quarter of calendar year 2005," said Ron Eagle, Public Relations Manager, SCEA. "With Gran Turismo 4, the company is
committed to providing consumers with the most complete racing game built
to date. Natural challenges with finalizing all the key features and
localization issues across worldwide territories have led to the difficult
choice of pushing back the release date in order to ensure that Gran
Turismo 4 lives up to the exacting standards of the 36 million-plus fans
worldwide that have purchased previous versions of our best-selling
franchise."

Eagle continued, "The Gran Turismo series has helped to define car culture and its fans have come to expect superior attention to detail combined with revolutionary technology that delivers unmatched graphics, realistic car physics, and an authentic racing experience that exceeds any previous racing title. Sony Computer Entertainment America is steadfast in our commitment to producing a superior product and is confident that the launch of Gran Turismo 4 will set a new benchmark for all other racing games to follow. With the history of the franchise and high consumer anticipation, Gran Turismo 4 still serves as an important part in Sony Computer Entertainment America's upcoming first party lineup."
Old 11-19-2004, 07:12 AM   #30
5vz-fe
Regular User

F *BEEP*, this is just F *BEEP* king ridiculous..........GT4 is the one thing I look forward to in Christmas.......

I know I would still buy that game, but some part of me I should do a bit of revenge on Sony......(like not buying a brand new PSTwo just for GT4).....If they know there are gonna be bugs, just don't post a release date...u got ppl's hopes up and now they are giving them such a big a** disappointment....