Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-18-2004, 09:21 AM   #16
Anonymous

Originally Posted by gangajas
Off Topic:"Para los catalanes, no jodaÃ*s en foros extranjeros con vuestras absurdas reivindicaciones, pq luego los extranjeros podrÃ*an tener una visión distorsionada de lo q ocurre en nuestro paÃ*s, España"
Sadly there are groups of nazis that use the football to espress their ideology. But I think it isn't just a spanish problem, this happens in other countries too
I Agree totally that its isn't just a spanish problem, however this is the worst/ most vocal i have heard in years....

Originally Posted by sau_mathur
It was bloody apalling....cant believe what Rooney did either...threw the armband down... !! That was very disrepectful
Rooney is still young and has a hell of a temper, i thought takig him off just before half time was very stupid.... when could have just had a word at halftime IMO Rooney was still very wrong to throw the black armband which was as a mark of respect to Emlyn Hughes.... i'm sure he regrets it now, but i still know the taloids will get on the back of the player they hail the most :roll: He has to learn though that his behaviour was unacceptable...... however take rooneys anger away and you are left with half the player IMO
Old 11-18-2004, 09:40 AM   #17
gangajas
Regular User

Do you know what group did that horrible thing?

http://www.ultras-sur.net/
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:44 AM   #18
Anonymous

Can't read a word of spanish LOL.......I seem to remember some of them waving a flag/ emblem similar to that.... They even have a Real Madrid badge on their home page :shock: I've seen no mention of this on any english webpage........ I guess from what you said its some kind of neo nazi group??
Old 11-18-2004, 09:48 AM   #19
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123

Can't read a word of spanish LOL.......I seem to remember some of them waving a flag/ emblem similar to that.... They even have a Real Madrid badge on their home page :shock: I've seen no mention of this on any english webpage........ I guess from what you said its some kind of neo nazi group??
They are R. Madrid supporters, but they are nazis too
Old 11-18-2004, 09:53 AM   #20
Anonymous

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas

I don't think so... The Ultrasur are the Real Madrid supporters... but although the match took place in the Bernabeu (Madrid's stadium)... I think they don't have access to that kind of matches.
Well I believe you could buy tickets for a few euros in the cheap seats on the day of the match, so access wouldn't be a problem???
Old 11-18-2004, 09:58 AM   #21
gangajas
Regular User

I don't think so... The Ultrasur are the Real Madrid supporters... but although the match took place in the Bernabeu (Madrid's stadium)... I think they don't have access to that kind of matches.
Well, I am sure that most of nazis that was in the stadium yesterday was members of Ultras Sur. The police had to intervene out of the stadium.

If you remember "Diario de un skin" the journalist that wrote it, had to become a member of Ultras Sur to investigate the nazi "world"
Old 11-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #22
Anonymous

I can't believe what i've just read
Originally Posted by BBC Sport
Sports daily AS
There is little coverage of the racist chanting on Wednesday night's game.

But AS does cover the English reaction to the pre-match comments from Spain coach Luis Aragones, who highlighted Britain's colonial past when probed about his own remarks regarding Thierry Henry in October.

Journalist Guillem Balague writes: "In our country, where multi-culturalism is a new thing, we are in nappies dealing with these things, and have a naivety which makes the English nervous."

Sports daily Marca
Marca refers in passing to the booing of England's black players - but only after referring to the cheers of "ole" which greeted the long periods of Spanish possession.

Aragones' "no comment" to questions about racism after the match is also highlighted, as Marca focuses on the Spanish coach's praise for his players.

Serbia & Montenegro's 2-0 World Cup qualifying win in Belgium - which could make qualification tougher for Spain - seems to be of greater importance.

Other reaction
Elsewhere, the Spanish media criticises its English counterparts for stoking up the racism issue.

"Were there racist chants against some players? This hasn't happened in the Spanish league and Spain for many years," said Spanish Federation press officer Fernando Garrido.

"So you (English reporters) should ask yourselves what you have done to contribute to all this."

And Spanish daily ABC accuses English reporters of launching a witch-hunt against Aragones.

"Perhaps it was because their team had played so poorly and they wanted to divert attention towards this muddled issue," the paper says.
According to some Spanish media the English are to blame for the racist chanting in both this match and the U21 match WTF??? and also there was very little coverage of this chanting in the spanish media.... i know there would have been over here had the situation been reversed........ or is this a case of the BBC presenting a biased case

Sorry for getting so political in General chat... maybe time for a move to the political debate forum????
Old 11-18-2004, 10:12 AM   #23
dropot2
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123

Well I believe you could buy tickets for a few euros in the cheap seats on the day of the match, so access wouldn't be a problem???
I think you are right AL123...
This kind of groups has been a very big problem in our football...all the football clubs has their radical supporters. The worst thing is that most of these groups are protected and fed by the clubs. For example, the club which I'm supporter, the FC Barcelona, has a radical group called "Boixos Nois". Luckily the current managers want to disable this group (the president even has been threatened of death by them) but it hadn't occurred in the past. I'll give you an example: a few years ago I went to Liverpool to see a the semifinal of the UEFA cup between Liverpool and FC Barcelona...there also were members from the "Boixos Nois" and I discovered that they had paid 50 % less than I had paid...and they were in the same hotel, bus and plane...and that was because the past managers paid them the rest...
Real Madrid and many other teams keep doing this...they are feeding a beast that it's already big enough and if they don't stop, they won't be able to stop it...
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:12 AM   #24
gangajas
Regular User

There were incidents before, and after the match, beetwen ultras of Real Madrid and hooligans:

http://www.marca.es/edicion/noticia/...561935,00.html
Old 11-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #25
Anonymous

There were incidents before, and after the match, beetwen ultras of Real Madrid and hooligans:

http://www.marca.es/edicion/noticia/...561935,00.html
More press bias? i think this time on the British side I can find no mention of that over here.... i put it into a translator and it seems our fans have once again let themselves down by fighting the spanish fans...... it was a friendly!!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:27 AM   #26
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by dropot2
Real Madrid and many other teams keep doing this...they are feeding a beast that it's already big enough and if they don't stop, they won't be able to stop it...
You are right, I can´t understand why teams help these groups
Old 11-18-2004, 05:51 PM   #27
jon_s
Regular User

I agree with the racist chants comments. On a slightly different not, England played SHIT!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:55 PM   #28
Anonymous

Originally Posted by jon_s
I agree with the racist chants comments. On a slightly different not, England played SHIT!
Indeed but we were defiantely far worse after Rooney went off... just no spark there not that rooney actually played well at all but he was still the one chasing everthing