Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-25-2004, 09:45 PM   #16
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Zonda roadster will solve all the problems
not at all! Koenigsegg CC = Coupe + Roadster (obviously it's a Brit spec

There is no doubt that Zonda is substantial, but CC is more unpretentious

\/ NASA developed Tempur seats!!!

\/ clean uncluttered sheet metal

\/ venturi/exhaust
Old 07-25-2004, 09:56 PM   #17
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

hmm if it was between the CC8S i think i would take the zonda, but if it were the CCR i think i would have to go with the Koenigsegg.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:14 AM   #18
bradleykylenelson
Regular User

i tell you what the koenigsegg is an amazing car. it really is an amazing supercar. but the stinking zonda still has it beat. for one the zonda was made but and ex-employee of ferrari. i think the zonda is a much more solid car. and although there times were only a ten of a second off on top gear. the track was pretty wet in places for the zonda and pretty stinking dry for the koenigsegg. i think if it went for the dihedral sincro-helix actuation doors that the zonda would have it beat in every category
bradleykylenelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 04:39 AM   #19
chipanggo
Regular User

over the koenigsegg, i'd pick the zonda. from the top gear reviews i've seen, the zonda is the much quicker car and a lot more driver friendly, whereas the koenigsegg is such a brute tp drive around.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:23 AM   #20
aks
Regular User

i would pick the Koenigsegg purely on it's looks, the extra power is just an added extra!

plus, the koenigsegg turns easily (how easy is debatable) into a convertible! chicks, here i come!

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:51 AM   #21
mindgam3
Regular User

Zonda, everytime - it is a faster car on track, has a much better chassis and therefore handling according to almost every comparison i've read and seen of the two, plus the build quality is much better. Most reviews have said the CC8S feels unfinished, and realiability is a bit of an issue with the CC8S - see the gumball movie for instance. The zonda with its NA AMG V12 is a much more sophisticated engine and as its merc, much more reliable, plus attention to detail and the finish of the zonda is in a different league compared to the CC8S.
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:55 AM   #22
saadie
Regular User

i'd go fer a CCR .... its meener faster angrier
Old 07-26-2004, 07:17 AM   #23
v0od0o
Regular User

perhaps we should've included a poll for that
I didn't expect that many ppl to vote for the koenigsegg, now it's a close call
Old 07-26-2004, 07:19 AM   #24
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
i'd go fer a CCR .... its meener faster angrier
I'd still go for a zonda over a CCR. Even if it does have more power, its got the same chassis and build quality....
Old 07-26-2004, 08:32 AM   #25
he7lius
Regular User

My choice is the Koenigsegg. But even though your are paying an incredible amount of money the car is not perfect. Specially the interior.
I know they tried to save weight but come on. :x

And now look..................

I look it's exterior styling, the 20" wheels but them you go inside and feels a bit ............... short changed. It's a good thing that once on the move you don't have time too look at the interior.

And about de Zonda beating the CC8 on the track, if i'm not mistaken in JC DVD "Shoot Out" where he tests both cars, Koenigsegg changes the tires which made the Koenigsegg much more controllable. On that DVD JC chooses the CC8.
he7lius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:27 AM   #26
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by he7lius
And about de Zonda beating the CC8 on the track, if i'm not mistaken in JC DVD "Shoot Out" where he tests both cars, Koenigsegg changes the tires which made the Koenigsegg much more controllable. On that DVD JC chooses the CC8.
But if you watch martin brundles supercars (he knows a hell of a lot more about car dynamics than JC) he prefers the zonda a lot more than the CC8
Old 07-26-2004, 06:26 PM   #27
Gimp
Regular User

From the looks of the 2003 Gumball, that guy really fucked up his Koenigsegg in a short amount of time. I would go with the Zonda.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:07 PM   #28
cavallino
Regular User

My choice is the Koenigsegg. But even though your are paying an incredible amount of money the car is not perfect. Specially the interior.

I look it's exterior styling, the 20" wheels but them you go inside and feels a bit ............... short changed. It's a good thing that once on the move you don't have time too look at the interior.

I'm pretty sure these pictures are of an Aston Martin, look at the winged badge symbols on the display.
I'd take the Zonda
Old 07-26-2004, 09:55 PM   #29
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by cavallino

I'm pretty sure these pictures are of an Aston Martin, look at the winged badge symbols on the display.
I'd take the Zonda
That is an AM. It's a DB9, nice interior.

This is the Zonda..

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:45 PM   #30
blinkmeat
Regular User

I know the Zonda has a Merc engine, what does the Koenigsegg have?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote