Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:13 PM   #16
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
Originally Posted by sameerrao
Originally Posted by Knot
Originally Posted by mindgam3
Originally Posted by Knot
Eh.... "Great car control"????

He spin's everytime, instead of keeping te drift going.....

:shock:
lol, i think "everytime" is not exactly true, i'd like to see you do tht kinda of drifting in a stock, comparatively heavy M5
In that car, it's much easyer with LSD, loads op power and loads of grip... comparing it to my 129bhp e30 320i....
If you are that good ... why dont you do the same thing as him on the circuit and let us see the vid - LOL
Maybe should pay some attention to the vids Knot has posted..
LOL - I knew this would come back to haunt me but I was refering to lap of Brands Hatch and not the parking lot shenanigans

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:36 PM   #17
kksh
Regular User

Try this link to download them.

http://www.pistonheadstv.com/videos/129.wmv

http://www.pistonheadstv.com/videos/130.wmv

Goddamnit...
An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars, megapixel cellphones and clothes.
Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We're the middle children of history, man...
No purpose or place.
We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars.
But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact.
And we're very, very pissed off
kksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:36 AM   #18
homemade wrx
Regular User

great vids!!
he hits the blinker in one of them...lol
homemade wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:25 AM   #19
kksh
Regular User

IMO, Tiff does a better job of holding an M5 on a slide. Ever seen the top gear clip where they were competing at the Autocar slide contest? Gavin Fisher or something from Lotus is the king of slides. F1 and rally stars drive cars fast. Not hold them on big power slides. I heard this one time Damon Hill saying that he can't hold a car on a power slide like Tiff.

Goddamnit...
An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars, megapixel cellphones and clothes.
Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We're the middle children of history, man...
No purpose or place.
We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars.
But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact.
And we're very, very pissed off
kksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:36 AM   #20
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Like him or hate him he is a good driver, but that can be said for all the F1 drivers(well cept Pizzonia when he rolled the jag hahaha)
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:45 AM   #21
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by kksh
IMO, Tiff does a better job of holding an M5 on a slide. Ever seen the top gear clip where they were competing at the Autocar slide contest? Gavin Fisher or something from Lotus is the king of slides. F1 and rally stars drive cars fast. Not hold them on big power slides. I heard this one time Damon Hill saying that he can't hold a car on a power slide like Tiff.
Well sliding an F1 car is not the fast way around a circuit. To maximise the available aero grip you need to keep the car as straight as possible. Having the rear wing at an oblique angle to the actual direction of travel will kill the aero downforce.

Other racing cars with lower downforce requirements are not affected as much by this - therefore you may see more sliding.

So F1 drivers have no real practice at sliding about. They need to be judged on how quickly they demolish a lap around a circuit and not for stunt driving...

I read that drifting test sometime back where they had the 1979 F1 WDC -Jody Schecter, someone from BTCC and other sportscar background... Gavin Fisher (development driver for Lotus) won pretty easily.

There was a similar test done in the US with a Viper and Porsche 996 in the wet and dry skidpad. Participants included Boris Said (sportcars), someone from Champcars and IRL (Scott Speed?), a drifting champion, a Brit who participates in the US version of WRC, and a motoring journalist.

The drifter won and the motoring journo came third. The rally guy came in second and the open wheel racers came in at the tail end of the pack

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:54 AM   #22
Knot
Regular User

If you are that good ... why dont you do the same thing as him on the circuit and let us see the vid - LOL
If someone has an E39 M5 to do a bit of drifting, it will be no problem...

What my point is, the topic starter should post "does some drifts" not "great car control"....
Knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:22 AM   #23
mindgam3
Regular User

Lol, he was just having a fuck about round a course, he just wanted to show off n have some fun... it wasnt anything serious. If you've got better car control than montoya then why aren't you in F1?

I admit that maybe "great car control" wasnt the most approriate phrase to use, but he does have a few drifts where he holds it for a long time, but as i said, it was jus him fucking about n burning rubber :roll:
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:26 AM   #24
Knot
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Lol, he was just having a fuck about round a course, he just wanted to show off n have some fun... it wasnt anything serious. If you've got better car control than montoya then why aren't you in F1?

I admit that maybe "great car control" wasnt the most approriate phrase to use, but he does have a few drifts where he holds it for a long time, but as i said, it was jus him fucking about n burning rubber :roll:
A drift is a few times sideways, not just getting the tail out and then going straight again......

But ok, he was just messing around and having fun.

And yes, i got beter "drifting" car control than montoya
Knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:26 AM   #25
bmwmpower
Regular User

nice control, thanks man,
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:25 PM   #26
Vansquish
Regular User

Montoya is quite talented, he's just too prissy to be the top of the top. Tiff and Gavin Kershaw are far better at powersliding smoothly though. The fastest way around a track is not on the lock stops...so Montoya isn't best in that situation. Kershaw and Needell are much better.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:03 PM   #27
Skaala
Regular User

nice vid, seems like he's got a williams suit on.....
Old 10-23-2004, 05:13 PM   #28
Dave1
Regular User

I heard this one time Damon Hill saying that he can't hold a car on a power slide like Tiff
I'm sure Damon Hill could it just as well if he spent as much time doing it as Needle does. He also has the luxury of something called “editing”. You’re right though, test drivers (like the one at Lotus) are very good at holding cars in slides, because they spend all day doing it. Bastards! :x

Great videos. always like watching famous racing drivers drive road cars.
Dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:40 AM   #29
caneswell
Regular User

Hardly shows great car control. The track stuff is probably a bit more impressive, but you can't tell from the video. He's just spinning in the car park bit, not showing any great control. I'm sure he's an exceptional driver, but most drifting videos on the net show better car control than that!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:20 AM   #30
Attie
Regular User

This is not a very nice tyre smokeing
I don't like Montoya. He is everytime aggressive :x
He just push the gas pedal in this video and steer left to right and right to left whatever will be, will be...

The second vid is better

http://www.alfaamore.hu/members.php?id=30

Orazio Satta Puliga, one of the most important figures in Italian motorcar history to say:
"Alfa is a unique way of living and feeling a car. There is no definition that explains what Alfa really is. You can compare it with those irrational emotions, that sometimes have a human spirit, for which it is impossible to find a logical explanation. We are in the domain of feelings, passion of things that are closer to a man's heart than his brain."
Attie is offline   Reply With Quote